[REPORT] Bug Reporting / Issues

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Hey NoEx ... I'm getting an error when trying to update the Mod. It prompts me that there is an update available for the Mod, but when I click OK for the update, I get error "Unable to connect to server! The server is not responding, either it's under maintenance or down. Please try again later ...".

It gave me that error this morning before work, and still getting it tonight.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Hey NoEx ... I'm getting an error when trying to update the Mod. It prompts me that there is an update available for the Mod, but when I click OK for the update, I get error "Unable to connect to server! The server is not responding, either it's under maintenance or down. Please try again later ...".

It gave me that error this morning before work, and still getting it tonight.

NoEx, thanks for your reply in the other thread concerning the modpdater ... your reply covers this issue.

sirlee

Jan 6, 2017
I have a strange issue I did not find in this thread so far and it is not so easy to describe. I hope it makes sense...

When a Pinball Game is over TPA displays this strange box with the checkbox to click on...

If I run TPA without Freecammod, this checkbox has the focus (it is a bit highlighted). I can then press my Start Button (which is configured as the Enter key) and I can play another round.

If Freecammod is running, this checkbox does not have focus (and is also not highlighted). I then need to use the mouse, move it a little bit back and forth over the button and then I can press start again... (of course I could click as well).

However as I run a cab, I do not have a mouse available normally.

So I would like to know:

Did anyone else notice this?

Is this a small bug?

Anyone has a workaround for that?

Thank you for your great mod and your continued support NOEX!

Cheers

Roman

gimpcow2000

Feb 2, 2017
Hi NoEx. Thank you for all your hard work on this. Everything works beautifully. The only part I am having trouble with is the direct table launching through PinballX.
I have tried putting -table tablename in the parameters section of PinballX setup wizard for TPA.
But I get the response that "Tablename is not a valid" And it gives me a list of all the functioning table names- like in your post on the download page.
Is there a variable tag that I can use in this situation? Something like -table "[TABLEFILEWOEXT]" I am willing to rename all my table names to the ones you listed within the XML file if that's what it takes.

So then I started testing if I could just get Totan working. So I added -table Totan to the parameters section and I was no longer getting that error message. But I ran into two problems.
It sounded like pinballX was trying to navigate to the table (unsuccessfully) behind the Loading screen. So I figured that was because Pinball X was still thinking that direct table launching wasnt possible and it was doing that old navigate the menu and click on the table thing. (Because I chose Interface V3 in the setup wizard.)

So I disabled Pinball Arcade in the wizard and created a whole new one through the "Other Systems" section of the setup wizard.
I plugged in all the normal information, cam mod as the folder, TPAFreeCamMod.exe as the exe and included the -table Totan in the parameters section.
This launched the FreeCamMod and TPA just fine. But it still wouldn't start Totan. Instead it spazzed out and kept trying to select a table that I hadn't purchased yet. It just kept spamming the buttons trying to buy that table. And I couldn't exit out of TPA because it just kept spamming buttons.

I read through all the instructions you posted but because this is such a new feature to the mod I am not finding much.
Is there a variable I should be using? Perhaps an AHK script? I will take any advice you have.
Thank you in advance for your time and any support you can provide.

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
[MENTION=5267]NoEx[/MENTION]
I am trying to auto update mod.It fails via server is down.My internet is running fine?

Last edited:

darthvader123

Dec 28, 2016
Hi NoEx. Thank you for all your hard work on this. Everything works beautifully. The only part I am having trouble with is the direct table launching through PinballX.
I have tried putting -table tablename in the parameters section of PinballX setup wizard for TPA.
But I get the response that "Tablename is not a valid" And it gives me a list of all the functioning table names- like in your post on the download page.
Is there a variable tag that I can use in this situation? Something like -table "[TABLEFILEWOEXT]" I am willing to rename all my table names to the ones you listed within the XML file if that's what it takes.

So then I started testing if I could just get Totan working. So I added -table Totan to the parameters section and I was no longer getting that error message. But I ran into two problems.
It sounded like pinballX was trying to navigate to the table (unsuccessfully) behind the Loading screen. So I figured that was because Pinball X was still thinking that direct table launching wasnt possible and it was doing that old navigate the menu and click on the table thing. (Because I chose Interface V3 in the setup wizard.)

So I disabled Pinball Arcade in the wizard and created a whole new one through the "Other Systems" section of the setup wizard.
I plugged in all the normal information, cam mod as the folder, TPAFreeCamMod.exe as the exe and included the -table Totan in the parameters section.
This launched the FreeCamMod and TPA just fine. But it still wouldn't start Totan. Instead it spazzed out and kept trying to select a table that I hadn't purchased yet. It just kept spamming the buttons trying to buy that table. And I couldn't exit out of TPA because it just kept spamming buttons.

I read through all the instructions you posted but because this is such a new feature to the mod I am not finding much.
Is there a variable I should be using? Perhaps an AHK script? I will take any advice you have.
Thank you in advance for your time and any support you can provide.

Hey gimpcow,

I've been lurking this thread on pinballx for the past couple days. Looks like everyone is having issues and they figured it out with an AHK script.

Not sure if a cleaner fix is coming out. With the original setting Noex created I just get a couple blinks on the pinballx menu then back to pinballx when trying to load a PBA table.

sirlee

Jan 6, 2017
I have a strange issue I did not find in this thread so far and it is not so easy to describe. I hope it makes sense...

When a Pinball Game is over TPA displays this strange box with the checkbox to click on...

If I run TPA without Freecammod, this checkbox has the focus (it is a bit highlighted). I can then press my Start Button (which is configured as the Enter key) and I can play another round.

If Freecammod is running, this checkbox does not have focus (and is also not highlighted). I then need to use the mouse, move it a little bit back and forth over the button and then I can press start again... (of course I could click as well).

However as I run a cab, I do not have a mouse available normally.

So I would like to know:

Did anyone else notice this?

Is this a small bug?

Anyone has a workaround for that?

Thank you for your great mod and your continued support NOEX!

Cheers

Roman

This problem still exists on my system. I have made a workaround using AHK. Basically I just position the Mouse at the right place when I press the "Enter" Button and send a mouseclick. It's ugly but it works.

Here is the code snippet (can be combined with the AHK script mentioned on the link in the last reply):

~Return::
soundbeep
click 847, 1273 down
sleep 100
click 847, 1273 up
return

Last edited:

rampachuflo

Aug 1, 2016
Hello, and thanks Noex for your incredible work!
I have a random issue, when I select a table sometimes (1 each about 20) the dmd appear on 1st display on top left instead of 2nd (2 monitor set-up)
Simply restart and the dmd is well positioned again but it's annoying...
Anybody has the same (little) problem?
Thank you very much

Pantah010

Jan 31, 2013
This problem still exists on my system. I have made a workaround using AHK. Basically I just position the Mouse at the right place when I press the "Enter" Button and send a mouseclick. It's ugly but it works.

Here is the code snippet (can be combined with the AHK script mentioned on the link in the last reply):

~Return::
soundbeep
click 847, 1273 down
sleep 100
click 847, 1273 up
return

This works great!
Only on the welcome screen it doesn't position on the 1st monitor (it goes to the 3rd monitor on my setup)
So i only have to click 1 time on the welcome screen with the mouse, after that i can put away the mouse! :D:D
Maybe this can be solved? Great script, recommend it!
Thanx

Hello, and thanks Noex for your incredible work!
I have a random issue, when I select a table sometimes (1 each about 20) the dmd appear on 1st display on top left instead of 2nd (2 monitor set-up)
Simply restart and the dmd is well positioned again but it's annoying...
Anybody has the same (little) problem?
Thank you very much

Yes, also having this, it only seem to happen on 1st launch.
After exit and restart the table the "problem" is gone.

Last edited:

Anjiro76

Feb 11, 2017
Hi, FreeCamMod keeps crashing :\
Fresh Windows 7 64 Ultimate installation, GTX970 with vertical desktop 1080/1920 (tried 1080/2200 too) ... tried orizontal too
Aero on
both TPA and FreeCam as admin...
run FreeCam, run TPA11 from Steam (configured as described in FreeCam download page) .... FreeCam crashes
if i try to run TPA11 from its exe, both FCM and TPA crashes
any idea why ? :\

EDIT : It crashes if Cab mode is ON but no 2nd monitor in connected

Last edited:

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
I have a issue with the DMD not showing on the backglass every time i start the mod.I use the number key 0, then bring the DMD to front, this allows all the dmd's to work fine. but when i restart the mod the dmd is missing again. and i have to repeat the process again?

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
It seems with the latest version of the FreecamMod (Swords of Fury), whenever the DMD is visible (brought to front, etc) there is a huge performance hit. The ball looks like it's moving thru water. Conversely, when the DMD is hidden, play resumes as normal. Weird.

Update- I had changed my pincab to use 3 screens and used two different video cards (PCIexpress and onboard), though this caused the slow down issue. To fix the problem, I updated to a nVidia GTX750Ti and am utilizing all three video ports (for playfield, backglass, dmd) with amazing success.

Last edited:

Soxbrother

Mar 16, 2013
Too bad this mod doesn't work with DX9.
So I guess I'll have to buy a new graphics card first. :(
( I have a Ati Radeon 2600 XT )

Anyway, good work on the mod !!!:)

Last edited:

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
[MENTION=5267]NoEx[/MENTION] I just updated both TPA (1.61.4 DX11 which includes Paragon) and the corresponding FreeCamMod (v1.82). Though, so far, the camera view will not change. It starts with some random viewing angle, and the camera controls do not change anything. All was working perfect before this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.