Stern Pinball Arcade

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
The graphics in that video look like even sub-DX9 quality. I really, really hope that's not how the PC version will look...

Graphics are indeed DX11, judging from chrome rails on the first three shown, along with GI. Star Trek is looking VERY early.

Everything else seems to be fine. It may also be the heavily toned-down lighting effects (which I don't know why they did that).

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
The graphics in that video look like even sub-DX9 quality. I really, really hope that's not how the PC version will look...

The video says that that is the PC version running on Occulous? And that it has already released on the Occulus store?

That can't be right, it looks horrendous. Like an old iOs version running at 20 frames per second. That doesn't seem like an ad Farsight would release... it makes it look bad.

R

Rhandos

Graphics are indeed DX11, judging from chrome rails on the first three shown, along with GI. Star Trek is looking VERY early.

Everything else seems to be fine. It may also be the heavily toned-down lighting effects (which I don't know why they did that).

I do believe you, it just looks very weird. There's that off-looking GI and the multi-color LEDs in Stark Trek look like textures getting replaced instead of true light sources.

Let's see what happens until Fall.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I do believe you, it just looks very weird. There's that off-looking GI and the multi-color LEDs in Stark Trek look like textures getting replaced instead of true light sources.

Let's see what happens until Fall.

That being said, they've NEVER done LED lighting before.

R

Rhandos

That being said, they've NEVER done LED lighting before.

I did. Turned room brightness to 0-10% and bulb brightness to 60-80% on all tables and called it a superbright LED mod ;)

But yeah, multi-colored lights should be interesting to implement. I just hope they switch to multiple point lights for it instead of textures that don't interact with their surroundings in the Fall release.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Just watched the video. Are Frankenstein, Ripley's, and Starship Troopers even new? Or just ported and rebranded versions of TPA for Occulus? Disappointing looking graphics and same bog-standard physics. Enthusiasm waning.

Will the Steam PC version deliver something inspiring? Star Trek is the table I was most excited about, and it looks the least impressive of the four in the video!

Yikes...

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just watched the video. Are Frankenstein, Ripley's, and Starship Troopers even new? Or just ported and rebranded versions of TPA for Occulus? Disappointing looking graphics and same bog-standard physics. Enthusiasm waning.

Will the Steam PC version deliver something inspiring?

Move along now. Nothing to see here.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
What a horrible looking video!!, at least encode it at a high bitrate to make it look good.....as it stands the tables look worse than they do in TPA!!!

Also is this supposed to be available now on the Oculus Store?...as i cant see it on there at all!

Members online

Members online