Straight from Farsight Studios casting couch...

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
We got 70+ playfields that bare all in their original resolution for your viewing pleasure!
JnpuxXN.jpg

*Keep in mind the heavier jpeg artifacts on the ones that aren't photographs were introduced by me. Their fidelity took a backseat for smaller filesize for the whole batch(76MB vs 2+GB).

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Geez, that's a lotta playfields! Might find some use with that Firepower pic at some point, as I need to repaint some areas of mine (like the top 1/3rd of the planet)

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
God!, no wonder Season 1 and 2 playfield tables look so low res....because they are!!. Take Monster bash, its not even 1 meg big!!. These playfiled should of at least been at 4k resolutions for future proofing!!

I sure hope FS get back to redoing these older tables to resolutions of at least 2048x4096, because these are just going to age really badly!

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So are we saying these are the actual photos FarSight used? Because I've seen in person their Genie, and it was not that image at all, but instead very ball worn in places like the middle, where paint was giving way to wood.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
My guess is all the ones that aren't a real photograph were all too worn. Now concerning the formfactor of the machine think about a regular (small?) table like Gorgar then.. you've got a smaller game like safe cracker (more details in the same resolution) then the opposite for huge widebodies like Genie, scaled down in resolution and it needs to be squished so when strecthed its the right proportions.

God!, no wonder Season 1 and 2 playfield tables look so low res....because they are!!. Take Monster bash, its not even 1 meg big!!...

Part of the file size/compression problem is on me for using JPEGmini to show all these in a reasonable filesize.

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Season 6 it looks like they decided to up the backglass resolution from 1024^2 to 2048^2.
11AiBid.jpg

Must be taking VR more seriously now.

Compared to when they first started
c8UTFRD.jpg

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
How nice of them to cover that mug of his with the explosion&flames*

*I guess this is the Pros art, the premium reuses most of it

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.