Table #52 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Rollergames is near the top of my most wanted SS pins as well. A pin that guarantees a smile.

invitro

May 4, 2012
My band needs a singer.
Wanna join ?

(We offer u girls + drugs)
I'd love to join. Girls is good. But, can you offer new Stern pinball machines instead of drugs?

Wait til you hear me sing Black Knight 2000. NO WAY!

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Another premiere exploitfest.

yawn.

Have people actually played these tables they decide to make? :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Another premiere exploitfest.

yawn.

Have people actually played these tables they decide to make? :)

Indy 500 is an exploit-fest as well, just a bit more difficult to get to that point. Once you do though you can keep making the same two shots forever and score lots of points very quickly.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Indy 500 is an exploit-fest as well, just a bit more difficult to get to that point. Once you do though you can keep making the same two shots forever and score lots of points very quickly.
Do you think you're using "exploit-fest" quite a bit too loosely? Wouldn't about two-thirds of all tables be exploit-fests by this criterion? Especially when you have to play the entire table to get the mode a second time?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Do you think you're using "exploit-fest" quite a bit too loosely? Wouldn't about two-thirds of all tables be exploit-fests by this criterion? Especially when you have to play the entire table to get the mode a second time?

True. I'm just trying to point out that even well-received tables have exploits in them that can be easily abused. Not everyone is able to take advantage. Having never played Big Hurt I am at least looking forward to seeing what it's about; but I'm not exactly excited by the choice of table.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
NBA Fastbreak needs to happen. I finally got to play one IRL a few months ago. Such a fun, unique table

I, also, crave Rollergames and Radical.

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
Remember, you can't spell pinball without the NBA.

Agreed, NBA Fastbreak would be a great addition for TPA and could open up some awesome heads up play.

With all the popularity of Rollergames I see on this forum, I really hope this table comes because I've never seen one IRL.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Agreed, NBA Fastbreak would be a great addition for TPA and could open up some awesome heads up play.
I was just being silly... NBA Fastbreak is a WMS DMD and thus would be a good addition. But it's not all that great a table. I'd rank the remaining WMS DMD's as follows:

All-time classics: Shadow, Corvette, World Cup Soccer, Indiana Jones
Still great: Demolition Man, Johnny Mnemonic
Probably not great, but might be (I haven't played these much): Congo, Flintstones
Probably not so good (I've barely played these): Gilligan's Island, Popeye
Bringing up the rear: NBA Fastbreak, Dirty Harry

I want Rollergames too, but most post-Space Shuttle Williams non-DMD's are ranked higher on IPDB: Comet, Grand Lizard, Road Kings, Fire!, Space Station, Banzai Run, Swords of Fury, Jokerz!, Police Force, and Bad Cats. (Ranked lower: Firepower II, Laser Cue, Millionaire, Big Guns, and Riverboat Gambler.)

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I was just being silly... NBA Fastbreak is a WMS DMD and thus would be a good addition. But it's not all that great a table. I'd rank the remaining WMS DMD's as follows:
All-time classics: Shadow, Corvette, World Cup Soccer, Indiana Jones

I would rank Corvette low. The playfield is obstructed, the sound is bad.

Still great: Demolition Man, Johnny Mnemonic

Demolition Man has a very good sound. At least for me...

Probably not great, but might be (I haven't played these much): Congo, Flintstones

Congo is a good pinball. The Flintstones is very poor.

Probably not so good (I've barely played these): Gilligan's Island, Popeye

Gilligans Island is not bad. And it's one of the first DMD tables. Popeye is very boring.

Bringing up the rear: NBA Fastbreak, Dirty Harry

NBA has a great sound. The gameplay isn't that interesting. Dirty Harry? A mediocre game.

I want Rollergames too, but most post-Space Shuttle Williams non-DMD's are ranked higher on IPDB: Comet, Grand Lizard, Road Kings, Fire!, Space Station, Banzai Run, Swords of Fury, Jokerz!, Police Force, and Bad Cats. (Ranked lower: Firepower II, Laser Cue, Millionaire, Big Guns, and Riverboat Gambler.)

Rollergames, Space Station and Banzai Run are my favorites. Maybe Police Force too...

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Indy 500 ended up just being an "okay" way to start season 6 IMO. I'm not looking forward to Big Hurt.

But I'm cool with an "all sports-themed" season. Especially the sport of time travel.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

I'm going to agree to disagree about where Fastbreak falls in the remaining DMD list. When it comes to Rollergames and where it is ranked on IPDB, let's just say I don't put much stock in their rankings and never have. I would seriously question the validity of anyone's opinion if they honestly think any of those listed tables is better. I've played 'em all except Grand Lizard, and I don't think the choice is even close. Comet is a bore, Fire has no flow, Road Kings is just average, Space Station is completely unmemorable, Banzai has a unique gimmick but that's it, Jokerz, Police Force, and Bad Cats are quality system 11 but don't stand out. Swords of Fury I've only had a few play's experience with and of those listed would be my next choice after Rollergames, but it still doesn't even come close. This is a table that if I see it, I simply must play it, no question.

invitro

May 4, 2012
FWIW, I can't predict how much I'll like a table in TPA based on how much I liked the real thing. I know it's a good shot I'll love a Williams/WMS table, like a Sega/DE one, and dislike a Premier one. That's about it. I never would've guessed that I'd love Dr. Dude, Phantom of the Opera, or Black Rose in TPA, and have not much use for Judge Dredd or Safe Cracker. Or like High Speed 2 much, much more than High Speed. Etc., etc.

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Jokerz, Police Force, and Bad Cats are quality system 11 but don't stand out.
I played the first two a lot when they were new and Bad Cats a few years later. I thought Jokerz was very dull even in 1988, but maybe it was just that I had such a hard time hitting the center target to raise the ramp. That was a very long time ago :). In any case, I think Jokerz is one of the most beautiful tables and so I hope to see it at some point. I did like Police Force a lot, but I think that's because I found it easy compared to Cyclone (which was in the same place where I played them). It doesn't seem so hot now, like it'd be too easy. I remember Bad Cats, but I always get that one confused with Mousin' Around in my memory, so I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts