DOF cabinet feedback for flipper solenoids and RGB lighting now available for TPA!

TerryRed

Feb 7, 2016
Pinball FX2 and The Pinball Arcade now have DOF feedback for flipper solenoids (NOT slingshots or bumpers!), RGB lighting in pinball cabinets, and more thanks to a new program called DOFFX2.

It basically maps keyboard keys to trigger Led-Wiz or sainsmart outputs! It also has some other cool features like RGB lighting control, flipper solenoid timers, and more.

Here are videos that demo both Pinball FX2 and The Pinball Arcade on my cabinet running with DOFFX2 (1.3 beta).

I have the program set to be always on and active the whole time, and you can see it doesn't interfere with Pinball X running the DOF plug-in.

I have the flipper buttons triggering my solenoids.

I have the center RGB led strip "flasher" set to random flipper triggered RGB lighting.

I have the flippers set to turn on a left flasher as green, and a right flasher as blue.

I have the beacon, blower fan, and strobes set to go off during certain moments.... including an appearance from Scotty of Star trek! ;)

...and other things too.

It's a simple demo of the kind of thing that can be done so far...

Here's a video demo of Pinball FX2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz6cnHxT_rU

Here's a video demo of The Pinball Arcade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1Dy1GVjCNw

No more octo coupler circuits needed! This can be used for MAME, PC Games, etc...

Here's a link to the program's thread:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35349

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
So you want a way to intercept rumble.. using the x360ce wrapper my original dualshock controller will rumble in TPA so is there a way to perhaps use vJoy or other emulated controller software to forward on that rumble to.. Ledwiz?

TerryRed

Feb 7, 2016
So you want a way to intercept rumble.. using the x360ce wrapper my original dualshock controller will rumble in TPA so is there a way to perhaps use vJoy or other emulated controller software to forward on that rumble to.. Ledwiz?

See... this is exactly what I was wondering as well! Even if you don't have an XBOX 360 gamepad controlling your cabinet like I do... there must be a way to intercept the calls that trigger force feedback on a gamepad separately from the game being used. By having x360ce's wrapper configured in a certain way for your system....would it be possible to make the force feedback act as say.... a button / key output? If so, then I could use that to activate the solenoids for bumpers / slingshots / RGB lighting with DOFFX2!

There's gotta be a way!

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Uh. Great stuff! Totally missed that one.
Lot going on lately in the community...

senseless

Aug 1, 2016
Works like a charm, thanks TerryRed for sharing this development :). Can't wait for the 1.4 version to play around with.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts