Stern recently renewed their Metallica license!

Black_Spade

Feb 12, 2016
Take a look at this video from a Youtuber called John's Arcade: 2017 Stern Pinball Factory Tour with John Trudeau. Advance the video to 26:00.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
So there's going to be a Hardwired Vault Edition* of Metallica? Now that would be cool.

(As I will keep on saying, if you've ever been a fan of Metallica but drifted away, or are a fan of heavy metal in general, check out Hardwired. It's seriously good and probably the best work Metallica have done in 25+ years.)

* Disclaimer: Wild speculation based on what I want.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I was hoping they would announce Metallica during the Twitch stream last night. They did announce Big Buck Hunter, but that is no Metallica.

Edited for spelling - Big not Bug. :eek:

Last edited:

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Did they announce Big Buck Hunter for reals or are they joking again? I can never tell...

Anyways, I remember them saying they had a surprise for SPA coming very soon on yesterday's stream. Metallica perhaps? I'm pumped!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Did they announce Big Buck Hunter for reals or are they joking again? I can never tell...

Anyways, I remember them saying they had a surprise for SPA coming very soon on yesterday's stream. Metallica perhaps? I'm pumped!

More likely to be Whoa Nellie! But Metallica would be nice. Verrrry nice. Still jerked off that my local movie theater replaced it with Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Well, Whoa Nellie has already been announced last year, so since it's a 'suprise' I'm already expecting a new, different table. Crossing my fingers.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
every table from FS is Bug Hunter

Typo or Freudian slip? I'm bad with a keyboard, but... :D

And yes, they did actually announce Big Buck Hunter during the Twitch stream. They also mentioned Ghostbusters and Whoa Nellie, but we already knew about them.

Last edited:

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
btw, after long break i returned to Visual Pinball and installed newest VPX version with all addons and extras - and tried Metallica table...guys, i VERY recommend not to wait for SPA version - it will not be great anyway not in physics nor playfield accurate and we all know what it will not have such features as high score savings in ROM memory and etc.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
btw, after long break i returned to Visual Pinball and installed newest VPX version with all addons and extras - and tried Metallica table...guys, i VERY recommend not to wait for SPA version - it will not be great anyway not in physics nor playfield accurate and we all know what it will not have such features as high score savings in ROM memory and etc.
Have you played Star Trek on SPA? Looks pretty playfield accurate to me, even on Mobile.

And mobile is the *worst* platform to play it on.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
So the VP coders have access to the CAD files, uncompressed WAV files, and game source code that Stern is letting FS use? I'm sure Gary Stern would like to learn how they got their hands on all that.

Stop talking rubbish.

Stop all the negative posts. I'm bored of it and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
this ^ - yep beyond bored.
name of the forum should be explanatory (fans)
haters should stay on Facebook
all for constructive criticism - think it helps and encourages the folks at farsight to keep making what we love even better.
the overly negative posts and directly insulting the PEOPLE that work for farsight is crossing the line and is not in the spirit of what this forum is about.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
So the VP coders have access to the CAD files, uncompressed WAV files, and game source code that Stern is letting FS use? I'm sure Gary Stern would like to learn how they got their hands on all that.

Stop talking rubbish.

Stop all the negative posts. I'm bored of it and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

No your not alone.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
down with that sorta ting!

edit- for me we are all fanatical pinball/tpa has brought together a diverse group of people from all cultures and walks of life, ive met some people i consider great personal friends as well as members and players. strong opinions are great and apart of any resonable discussion (ill never forever any of you for picking xenon over paragon....but im a patient man ..sometimes..*grumbles) but this negativity from a few names makes me think twice about even checking threads at times.

ive had my run ins before as most of ya know, but im still for the product and whats left of our little community, i tend to bounce of posts..so when ****s negative its really something of a downer....dont make me get the pom poms out!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.