iOS Version 1.1.5 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, but have been browsing for awhile. I own all of the tables for Pinball Arcade. I recently purchased Gorgar and noticed something odd, so I wanted to run it by you all. I was having a great game (for me) and once I got into the 600,000 territory, the framerate took an incredible hit. I lost 3 balls because of all the framerate issues, since the ball would skip from one place to another. It was maddening! I could've done much better had it not been for this. I haven't seen this happen on any of the other tables. Have you experienced this? Is it a known issue?

Welcome to the forum!

It is a known issue. For now, you'll want to go into Options and set Game Center Save: Off... A fix for this is currently being tested and should be available fairly soon.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I guess this is as good a time to bring this up. Today I redownloaded the app and received some surprises.

Good news first. The flipper gap in MM has been tightened. It plays much better now. The room lighting is also now brighter. It sacrifices the cool green glow on the castle tho', I can deal.

Bad news. All of the table lights no longer work. Kinda hard to get the skill shot and fire lanes to pay off, much less know what ramps and targets need to be hit.

That being said, I still got a decent score in.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I guess this is as good a time to bring this up. Today I redownloaded the app and received some surprises.

Good news first. The flipper gap in MM has been tightened. It plays much better now. The room lighting is also now brighter. It sacrifices the cool green glow on the castle tho', I can deal.

Bad news. All of the table lights no longer work. Kinda hard to get the skill shot and fire lanes to pay off, much less know what ramps and targets need to be hit.

That being said, I still got a decent score in.

I hope they fix this soon...

BTW, Has anyone e-mailed this issue to Farsight yet?

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Sean, if you nudge the table when the buzzing occurs, it should recognize both balls and allow you to continue playing normally.

Fungi, are you talking about MM on IOS? Did you do a complete reinstall to get access to the newer version of the table?

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Creature: the left ramp has many problems:
- balls are not recognized (unlimited millions as well as on normal mode when you try to stack up the combo).
- balls fly out (was said by Moon Jump; but my problem is another one) to the jet bumpers

Also the ball gets stuck on the left outlane pretty often (even though I like to get the ball back, it's a bug...) :-D

Hopefully they'll send a bugfix and not yet another buggy table...

It's like playing on a poorly maintained table. Frustrating when you have 3-4 shots going right up there, and get no points, and you know you should be killing it.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Hey, I noticed something interesting. After this last update, which does not feature bug fixes nor did any machines require re-downloading, the quickly disappearing instructions on the Funhouse display has been fixed. Wait... how?

Edit: Oh, did it happen after 1.1.4?

After reading your post I deleted my MM table in ifile and re- downloaded it. The file name still has it at v2, and the flipper gap doesn't seem to be fixed, but none of the table lights work now, including the sword/shield bonus multiplier lights.

Edit: The flashers on the back wall behind the castle seem to be working now, but still no playfield lighting.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
After reading your post I deleted my MM table in ifile and re- downloaded it. The file name still has it at v2, and the flipper gap doesn't seem to be fixed, but none of the table lights work now, including the sword/shield bonus multiplier lights.

Edit: The flashers on the back wall behind the castle seem to be working now, but still no playfield lighting.

I had pics of the original gap and compared them to the new gap. There's definitely a difference. Where once the flippers at rest would just barely touch beyond the edges of the scroll in the table art, they now go past. The flippers size weren't changed though, FS just repositioned them. Too bad the lights broke.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I had pics of the original gap and compared them to the new gap. There's definitely a difference. Where once the flippers at rest would just barely touch beyond the edges of the scroll in the table art, they now go past. The flippers size weren't changed though, FS just repositioned them. Too bad the lights broke.

I've got to admit I didn't really check the flipper distance, they still seemed kind of wide :( I only tried MM, are there any improvements on the other tables?

With regard to MM - bummer...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've got to admit I didn't really check the flipper distance, they still seemed kind of wide :( I only tried MM, are there any improvements on the other tables?

With regard to MM - bummer...

CVs outlanes are still evil. The "10 billion" typo in BoP was fixed. Yet the "for for" typo in RBION wasn't. The mode titles in the FH display no longer disappear in a blink, but that was fixed before this. I haven't noticed anything else.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
I've also had a couple balls get stuck in the outlane on creature- right side. A careful nudge or two got it loose, but it was odd.

I'm only hearing the same 1-2 damn songs over and over in creature. This was mentioned in the table's sub forum by a few others.

As with others, I'm getting:

- insane slowdowns in middle of game which instantly make game unplayable. Only option is to quit and reopen app in order to play normally

-BK: often after a ball drains, the table will get 'stuck' in an infinite loop or something- sometimes it sounds like it is adding up points (which don't exist), etc. Game will not finish, tilting table won't progress to next ball. Only option it to quit game and start over.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
doesn't work for me either...

Hmm Gord mustve done some restriction magic...Ill save and reuppload them...somewhere.

2hqsbb8.jpg

cul51.jpg

9lcpqo.jpg

Last edited:

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
Some more old bugs that I keep forgetting:

Bride:

- when you achieve Metamorphosis, it plays and shows the sound of 'flatlining'. During this bit, there is a really hard repeating buzzing sound that should not be there (I have the real pin).

EDIT: actually it seems to be a broken version of the continuous flatlining sound you should get there.

- when you first lock the mouth, the 'tada tadada ta da da daaa' music (2001-ish) is not how the real machine plays it - the timing of the first couple of those is too erratic. I think it might be caused by the ball re-triggering the face entry (while it's bouncing around, before it settles in the mouth) in a way that it doesn't on the real machine - so those sounds might be getting (re)triggered in a weird way.

EDIT: It happens with the eyes too. And sometimes it's fine, so i think retriggering is the cause.

I can record the audio on mine (but I guess you have the real pin anyway?)

- on my real machine, I can get the ball from motionless-held-on-the-left-flipper, all the way up the face ramp. It's done by shooting almost as soon as you relax the flipper. I can't make that happen on the game.

In fairness, it requires well oiled flipper hinges to get the power - but on the game I can't even get the ball at the right angle, it instead bounces off the - what are they called? - you know the bits that kick the balls sideways near the flippers :).

I can take a video of that shot if it helps.

Last edited:

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
BTW, disabling the Game Center in the app also seems to have fixed the ball lag/glitch issues for me. I haven't rescued the princess in AN yet to check that part is fixed.

But Farsight, please beta test new releases better. As we have no way to downgrade to an older version on iOS, issues that completely ruin gameplay shouldn't be left to paying customers to beta test. That's what beta testers are for (I do a lot of that too - but there's usually free software in return :)).

Spring

Aug 5, 2012
I am having trouble purchasing tables in game w/ both my cc and ipad credited money too. Need help. Farsight cannot log into itunes to complete purchase...very frustrating. Been about a day w/ this issue. Already downloaded and reinstalled, and rebooted...ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.