Bug Android Version 1.5.0 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohninKC

Sep 18, 2012
Ryan, thanks for the beta. No problems on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Party Monsters. As for NGG I had a couple of games where as many as 3 balls came out for the plunger. If I quickly launched the first the table would launch the other two balls as well. The first ball to drain would cause the flipers to lock. Also for the plunger there is a black box.

If I can provide any others details to help let me know. Keep up the fantastic effort.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
On ELVIRA I had the ball kicker in the center top kind of get stuck and try to eject the ball 5-6 times, before it actually popped out of the hole. On NGG the camera view is off center to the left (on purpose?). Thus the flippers and the center drain are not in the center. It feeld kind of awkward =) On both tables the slingshot insert graphics are pixelated.

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
On a real NGG the flippers aren't in not in the centre, they're offset to the right.

Ah, I see, then that makes sense! It feels like the camera is to the left because the table is rightfully offset to the right. I guess that's where knowing the real table comes in handy...

russh1

Sep 1, 2012
Funhouse dmd is behaving strangely, if you get a message like extra ball is lit, sometimes the top row will be blank, as in the top row should display extra ball on its own(blank) and bottom row should display is lit on its own(works).

ripleys has the right slingshot animating incorrectly, the rubber band in the middle is at the bottom.

Thats all ive found so far, the new tables are excellent :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
TPA BETA 1.6.0a clean install on Samsung Galaxy S III running Android 4.0.4. Only running apps in the background my phone requires. Phone was reset before running TPA BETA.

Black Hole

Screen frozen on the attract mode screen and is unplayable : Waiting for TPA BETA 1.6.0b

Black Knight

Screen frozen on the attract mode screen and is unplayable : Waiting for TPA BETA 1.6.0b

Cirqus Voltaire

• Artwork on the right side of the backbox is backwards, but the logo is correct.
• Ball is underneath the tip of the plunger graphic instead of in front of it while in the plunger lane.
• Missing high wire ramp decal.
• Missing wire ball guides underneath flippers.
• All playfield light bulbs are missing.

Creature from the Black Lagoon

• Right flipper does not pivot from the correct axis point on the round end of the flipper.

Elvira and the Party Monsters

• Slingshot animations are missing.
• Slingshot mechnical sound does not play when the ball hits the right slingshot.
• Ball lock on the upper middle of the playfield periodically has trouble releasing the ball upwards towards the roll-over lanes and pop bumpers. When this happens, the ball will continuously fall back into the ball lock until the ball lock releases the ball with enough force to make it over to the roll-over lanes and pop bumpers.
• On plunger camera 1, the plunger is partly out of view on the right side of the screen.

Funhouse

• Inside of the cabinet should be blue.
• Artwork on the right side of backbox is backwards.
• Right flipper does not pivot from the correct axis point on the round end of the flipper.

Gorgar

Harley-Davidson Third Edition

• Left Slingshot animation is not working correctly.

Medieval Madness

• Fast shot to Merlin Lock travels through the back to the bumpers without locking.
• Flippers are spaced a little too far apart.
• Both flippers do not pivot from the correct axis points on the round end of the flippers.
• Top four red flashers do not work.
• Dragon wire ramp does not slow down ball before dropping onto inlane.
• Clear plastic ball guides are missing from the left half of both the Peasant and Damsel ramps. These clear plastic ball guides should guide the ball back to the right flipper when a weak shot does not make it all the way up either ramp.
• Flag decals on the apron are set too high.
• Drawbridge missing wood graphic on inside of open draw bridge.
• Artwork on both sides of the backbox are backwards.
• After shooting the ball around the right orbit, the ball does not always hug the left wall when coming out of the left side of the orbit and ends up hitting something on the right wall causing the ball to hit the left wall and ricochet to the right causing you to lose the ball SDTM.
• Ball occasionally gets stuck on the open drawbridge with the metal strip on the tip of the drawbridge not allowing the ball to pass through back onto the playfield. Nudging will allow the ball to pass through back onto the playfield.
• You can shoot two balls into Merlin's saucer at the same time. Other balls should bounce off a ball that is occupying Merlin's saucer.

Monster Bash

• Artwork on the right side of the backbox is backwards, but the “Monsters” logo is correct.

No Good Gofers

• Both flippers do not pivot from the correct axis points on the round end of the flippers.
• Artwork on the right side of the backbox is backwards, but the logo is correct.
• On plunger camera 1, the plunger is partly out of view on the right side of the screen.
• Knocker mechanical sound is incorrect.

Ripley’s Believe It or Not!

• Right slingshot ruber band is positioned too low to where it’s laying on the playfield. It should be centered on the slingshot casing like the ruber band on the left slingshot casing is.
• Plunger graphic on the front of the machine has issues.
• The shape of the Diverter graphic is distorted.
• The shape of the red ramp underneath the Diverter is distorted.
• White pop bumper graphics towards the top right of the playfield have issues.

Tales of the Arabian Nights

• Genie magnet activates and moves ball during multi-ball and princess locks...Magnet should not activate during these two locks.
• Ball does not sit directly in front of the tip of the plunger while in the plunger lane.
• Artwork and “Williams” logo on the left side of the backbox is backwards. Artwork on the right side of the backbox is backwards, but the “Williams” logo is correct.

Taxi

• Framerate drops to 30fps during intense light shows.
• Wire gate on the right loop to the roll-overs moves as the ball passes just above and to the right of it on the right ramp.
• The bottom two taxi car playfield lights’ on/off graphics do not match.

Theatre of Magic

• “Bally” logo on the left side of the backbox is backwards, but the artwork is correct.
• Plunger and plunger casing graphics are missing.
• Left slingshot rubber band graphic going around the red plastic posts is incomplete.

The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot

None

All Tables

• All mechanical sounds, except for the flipper sound, have a half second delay.
• The magnet sound sample is a loud intermitting sound and should be a constant magnetic sound...see the Xbox 360 version for magnet sound reference.
• Flipper shadows are static. They should be animated and move with the flippers.
• All roll-over sensors should be animated.
• On tables with a manual plunger, after the first bounce off the tip of the plunger, the ball can be hit without it contacting the plunger a second time...The ball should only be able to be hit while in contact with the tip of the plunger.
All tables have slight framerate lag which is very noticeable on Theatre of Magic when the camera slowly pans out to focus on the plunger lane. Turning off the GPS Location service in the phone settings eliminates the slight framerate lag.
Framerate seems to drop to 30fps at various times and the only way to reset the framerate back to 60fps is to pause and then resume the game.
• When you press the "home" key while in the middle of a game, the pop bumper lights are off when you return to the game and are only relight when a trigger in the game that lights the pop bumpers is activated. This also happens if you pause the game before pressing the "home" key.

I have highlighted possible game breaking bugs in red which require immediate attention.

Ryan, please take what you need from this list and pass the rest on to those who can use this information. Thanks.

Last edited:

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
Elvira: Very smooth experience. Played for about 10 minutes, had a lot of fun! Only minor issue was that the hole at the very center top sometimes couldn't kick the ball out successfully.

NGG: The blue return ramps on either side of the playfield make it VERY difficult to see what's going on with the outlanes. The "Trap Ready" light at about 9:00 on the playfield sometimes is lit, sometimes is unlit, and sometimes is completely gray. I also had an experience where the launcher was given two balls at the start of a ball. Will play more later today! :)

Thank you!

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
NGG, also starting "Hole in One" multiball after the 9th hole -- camera view wouldn't leave the plunger.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
So, the flippers still do not pivot from the correct axis points on many tables?! The MM flipper gap is still there?!

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Had a quick play at dinner and had same faults as mentioned above, (Scripted tables not working / multiple balls delivered to plunger in NGG / ball kickout stuttering many times in E&TPM).
Only thing I noticed not mentioned is... camera views seem tighter on the 2 new tables, than the previous tables. I normally play portrait view 1 roaming for all tables other than BH (all camera angles seem too high on this table, I play it in 4 but still not low enough) However view 1 crops off the outlanes on the new tables and I have switched to view 2 to get them back.

Not trying to blow smoke up your a$$ - but nice job on general performance. E&TPM being non-dmd, emulated rom, it plays as smooth as silk on my old single core phone, and you've successfully improved (in prior versions) the performance of the other similar performance demanding tables like BOP, FH, & Taxi. These tables used to be laggy and almost unplayable, and if you'd said "you need Tegra 3!" I wouldn't have been disappointed.
But you have them all working lag free now on the same device - just wanted to say Thanks! Its much appreciated! This generally being my favourite era for tables, and despite having an xbox now, I still get most of my game time through Android (until I win the lottery and pack in work - just think, I could build my own real life pinball arcade, collection of classic cars, houses in Italy...........if only - This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires!).

Meto

Jul 25, 2012
Encountered a new issue with Ripley's last evening where the ball mysteriously vanished and the attendant could not find it. It went into a continuous 20 second loop of "Trying to find pinball". I eventually had to quit as it never found it.

I also had the issue with E&TPM with the kickout stutter. Have not had much time to play more than a few games. I should be able to play more tonight and note what I see if different that what PINWIZ is seeing.

Thanks Ryan for allowing us to Beta the tables

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I will have to double check, but i can certainly post a link.

Not tried the tables yet, but noticed download is over 30mb again.
Is it going to be, now you see it - now you don't in the market again?

Did management ever go for the 'don't bundle a table' solution?

If not - would you mind updating the download thread you created, at the release time :)
(I hate modding the build.prop & faking devices - Thanks Ryan! )

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Odd, that table was not modified at all, not sure what that could be

On CFTBL There is a line of black pixels by the plunger. Nothing horrible, but definately was not there before. Will keep playing and let you know what else I see.

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
Encountered a new issue with Ripley's last evening where the ball mysteriously vanished and the attendant could not find it. It went into a continuous 20 second loop of "Trying to find pinball". I eventually had to quit as it never found it.

I also had the issue with E&TPM with the kickout stutter. Have not had much time to play more than a few games. I should be able to play more tonight and note what I see if different that what PINWIZ is seeing.

Thanks Ryan for allowing us to Beta the tables
That ripley bug is not new it happened to me months ago for the first time.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Actually NGG is an odd table the flippers are centered (just measured the real table) but the apron is off. Having Rob adjust the cameras so that the flippers are in the center and camera 1's outlanes are visible. Mike just put in something he thinks should fix the two balls plunger bug, but we can't reproduce it reliably. So waiting on the camera issues and I will post a new build here shortly.

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
it was actually a performance decision, I believe ios is going out like that too, no clue about the camera though.

Would it be possible at some point to provide a "high quality" option that the user could enable (maybe even a super-secret hidden option :cool:)? Those of us with more powerful devices would love to be able to play the ideal version of each table without these "performance compromises".

These new tables are great btw! I'm especially enjoying No Good Gophers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.