Request Top Down Fullscreen static view.

vcoleiro1

May 25, 2012
There have been a number of threads requesting a top down fullscreen static view to be implemented in Pinball arcade but no one from Farsight has responded to these threads to date.

Id' really like to know from someone from Farsight if it's planned to be implemented?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
There have been a number of threads requesting a top down fullscreen static view to be implemented in Pinball arcade but no one from Farsight has responded to these threads to date.

Id' really like to know from someone from Farsight if it's planned to be implemented?

They have talked about including it in the PC version.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
So far I've only seen it in reference to cabinet support and you can only get true cabinet support on PC.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The problem with a top down view in anything other than a PC cabinet is that there is no place to put the DMD. No other platform has support for multiple screens so there's no place to output the DMD.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
DMD could be run on another Android device, like a phone for example :p

Wishful thinking I know.

There's no Android device that I know that supports multiple outputs like that. Some support simultaneously outputting video to the screen and HDMI but I haven't heard of one that can display one source on the screen and another video source to another device. I suppose its theoretically possible but then what Android device has the processing power to do that?

vcoleiro1

May 25, 2012
Don't know why we're talking about a second screen for the dmd
All we need is a top down full screen view with the score at the top
Have a look at pinball hd, it basically has the view I'm talking about

It should be easy as pie to implement.
Would be nice if someone from farsight could give there views as to if it will be implemented

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I would imagine you could run a DMD client on the phone and have the main game send data over wifi, it's possible, but not necessarily practical.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Don't know why we're talking about a second screen for the dmd
All we need is a top down full screen view with the score at the top
Have a look at pinball hd, it basically has the view I'm talking about

It should be easy as pie to implement.
Would be nice if someone from farsight could give there views as to if it will be implemented

Some tables simply wouldn't work without a DMD. For example how would you play video pinball in MM?

lqdsky

Aug 11, 2012
With Farsight commenting on implementing the top view for PC. What about portrait view for consoles. Is that something that is going to ever be done. I would love to utilizes the entire screen in it's current various angled views.

MrTwister

Aug 9, 2012
Farsigh, please get in conatct with PinDMD developer to implement the Board to the Pc Version!

So ist would be great, PinDMD Vers. 2 board + real DMD-Display in an extra Case support.

The Last but Not least is a rotating wallmount for my 46zoll LCD-TV! (you can get some from70€-300€)

vcoleiro1

May 25, 2012
Some tables simply wouldn't work without a DMD. For example how would you play video pinball in MM?

The DMD for MM sits over the main play field in most current views
I'm not asking for anything different with the full screen top down view
The DMD would still appear over the top left of the play field
I don't think you are getting what I am after, currently all the views are from a perspective that's at an angle .
All I'm after is a perspective that's top down full screen

As I said it should be easy to implement

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Also give us this view with the DMD in it's natural spot:

http://papa.org/blog/games-of-the-week/Medieval Madness/

It's not quite "fullscreen", but I'd like to be able to see the DMD on the backbox on each table, since it would give it more of a realistic feel.

If that view were available in portrait on the PS3 then I'd probably wall mount my LCD tv with a mount that can be turned to portrait. That would be a cool way to play!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If that view were available in portrait on the PS3 then I'd probably wall mount my LCD tv with a mount that can be turned to portrait. That would be a cool way to play!

Can you imagine if you owned one of those 90" Sharp LCDs that came out and then rotated it 90 degrees?! Talking 6 1/2 feet tall of pinball madness!

Sorry, the thought of that just makes me snicker. And wish I had the means to buy and do that. Much like the joy I had as a kid when a friend of mine got a projection tv (you know, the kind you unfolded the front to reveal the 3 guns from back in '82) and hooked up his Atari so we could play Pac Man huge. Good times.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I have a virtual cab using VP and I definitely will buy the PC version for the multi-screen cab support. However it definitely makes sense to implement fullscreen/portrait mode for consoles as many gamers use monitor/TVs that can easily be mounted on a rotatable bracket. If the feature is offered I reckon it will attract new customers, as a lot of people are put off playing pinball in the usual 3D view, whereas the portrait mode is a different kettle of fish and many people will find that appealing- guaranteed.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Can you imagine if you owned one of those 90" Sharp LCDs that came out and then rotated it 90 degrees?! Talking 6 1/2 feet tall of pinball madness!

Sorry, the thought of that just makes me snicker. And wish I had the means to buy and do that. Much like the joy I had as a kid when a friend of mine got a projection tv (you know, the kind you unfolded the front to reveal the 3 guns from back in '82) and hooked up his Atari so we could play Pac Man huge. Good times.

I don't know if they even make such a thing but for my 55" LCD I'm thinking a swing arm wall mount that turns to portrait or landscape and tilts up or down. So I could swing away from the wall, rotate to portrait and then tilt back. Then I could stand up in front of the tv and play almost like a cabinet except that I'd be using my ps3 controller. I think a 55" tv would be pretty close to a life size pinball table. Could be a lot of fun!!! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.