SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
IMG_4144-2_zpse51689cb.jpg
IMG_4800_zps4b65ade2-2_zpsbb4b0646.jpg

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
You would have to make them smaller, imageshack lets you choose the size before you upload to them.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
didnt work, I tried resizing the pictures too! maybe you can copy the pictures and show me how its done. :D
and your going to be waiting awhile for side by sides of GRAND LIZARD :p

Last edited:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
If there's a way to shorten the shuttertime, or implement electronic stabelizing-aids, that might also limit the blur in pictures. How do you manage to do such splendid work on your pintable, with such shaky hands man?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Different photo modes react to the low light differently and the slightest movement will cause blur so I take multiples but when viewed on my cameras 2 inch screen it looks better until its blow up, as you can see by the second picture a tripod is the way to go.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Got more stuff off the playfield today
IMG_4824_zps81c3e926.jpg

staying organized is very helpful so after taking pictures of everything from multiple angles I started removing the star posts and came up with a clever way to keep track of where all the screws and bolts go.
IMG_4834_zpsedb7b3f6.jpg

its similar to the layout of the star posts so when there are multiple in one place I know the order or if it should be a fine threaded screw or coarse screw or a bolt.
I laid out my parts like their location on the playfield to simplify things.
IMG_4836_zps370146ec.jpg

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Oh man, that Grand Lizard is going to clean up beautifully. I can already imagine how good it could look with a coloured LED makeover. :)

The sound on that game is really wild. Well worth the $$$.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Oh man, that Grand Lizard is going to clean up beautifully. I can already imagine how good it could look with a coloured LED makeover. :)

The sound on that game is really wild. Well worth the $$$.

Is it a cool table? I passed on a great deal on one just because it looked old design wise and the lizard head looked cheap. Now that I look closer at the playfield art and how cool it is I wish I had grabbed it.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The music gets stuck in your head in 1 minute! repetitive jungle drum beat reminds me of that one song oogah chaka oogah oogah oogah chaka :) and that ringing bell! I might disable it for night games. Theres another GL for sale a couple hours away for $675 but its missing a plastic.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Cleaning up GRAND LIZARD is moving along. I spent yesterday tapping down my playfield inserts that were raised, using a hair dryer to heat up the insert I placed a small block of wood on top of the insert and a series of light taps with a hammer on the wood they slowly returned to FLUSH.
BEFORE..........................................................................................AFTER
BigGunsSxSinserts_zps6655e453.jpg

I also flattend my playfield plastics the same way as before pre-heat my oven to 225 degrees and place the plastics paper on a pizza pan and placed them in the oven for 2-3 minutes pull them out and place another paper on top then a large flat book with mild pressure for 2-3 minutes and if they needed more just repeat the process. This was a little more difficult this time with larger sections that required 2 books to cover the plastics and the flipper lane plastics had riveted metal risers that required multiple heatings and different angle pressing but i got them all flat.
IMG_4847_zpsd8f59ee6.jpg

My flippers are DEAD! The flipper fuse blows at turn on, so I either have a short somewhere.....or a dead flipper coil. I dont know how to test a coil without power so I'll look for any obvious wires touching and keep looking for something. I did notice one of the flippers return spring in 2 pieces that made the flipper weak on the return.
Today I'm going to polish my plastics and start cleaning the playfield. everything else on the table works great the display is good all switches report and coils except the flippers.
The damaged playfield art....I may just leave it get the table playing and flip it.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Good work. I have a good troubleshooting guide if you want me to mail it to you? It goes through all the common problems including flippers and suggests you have a short at a coil, a coil diode or maybe a transistor. pm me your email address if you want it.

Members online

Members online