Dead Pixel Interview with Mr. Bobby King

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Firepower! Interesting discussion about an editor. The degrading table idea sounds interesting too.

Excellent interview.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Sounds like Tommy and Elvis (with an impersonator singing) might be the only music based tables we will see. :(

But he did sound optimistic about T2 and The Simpsons.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Sounds like Tommy and Elvis (with an impersonator singing) might be the only music based tables we will see. :(

But he did sound optimistic about T2 and The Simpsons.

Elvis is one of my favorite Sterns, so no complaints here.

I also hope that Tommy and Data East Simpsons (in addition to SPP) make it as well, just to get some DE recognition.

karl

May 10, 2012
Thanks for the link. Great Interview. So now we know what expensive pinball machine they were shopping for a few months back. I could not be happier. Cactus Canyon will be a high light in the dark winter months to look forward to. It must be on most peoples top ten want list. A great table. Now give us White water and I'm all set for 2013

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Great find jeff so many juicy details:) and if you follow TPA it was amusing him mentioning DVDoom and talking about what he said in PS3 forum about playing FIRE POWER dropping little hints here and there at first I seen it was an hour but I was glued and will probably listen again even though it was a horrific interview and connection.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
quick internet search ~ ahh Cactus Canyon is the cowboy / gunslinger themed table I've been wanting.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
quick internet search ~ ahh Cactus Canyon is the cowboy / gunslinger themed table I've been wanting.

Super exciting considering it was one of, if not the last Williams game and had such a limited run. TPA will be the only place most can ever play it. I found one in fantastic condition near me a few months back when I lived in San Francisco, but I had to move to the other side of the state before I got a chance to play it :( .

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Super exciting considering it was one of, if not the last Williams game and had such a limited run. TPA will be the only place most can ever play it. I found one in fantastic condition near me a few months back when I lived in San Francisco, but I had to move to the other side of the state before I got a chance to play it :( .
It was the last standard Williams machine, and not even finished (fully playable, but missing many features) due to development being halted in favor of Pinball 2000. Speaking of PB2K, he finally explained why we wont see it anytime soon. This same reason probably destroys any chance for WOZ or any other post-DMD tables.
BBB probably won't even be considered until TPA After Dark.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Elvis is one of my favorite Sterns, so no complaints here.

I also hope that Tommy and Data East Simpsons (in addition to SPP) make it as well, just to get some DE recognition.

Yea, that was interesting to hear official word on some of the music tables and which one's would be next to impossible (GnR), to difficult (AC/DC, Rolling Stones), to a good possibility (Tommy, Elvis). Speaking of Simpsons, I could see, if they have a successful Kickstarter, to get both. Just like with the Elvira license. Even though the DE Simpsons is a good pin (not great) it would make for some nice DE recognition like Rudy said.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah holy cow, Cactus Canyon! : D

Too bad about AC/DC, hm.

That was a really good interview, kudos to the interviewers (well except maybe for that last request of a mode to simulate table decay ;P -- although if Farsight were really mercenary they'd do that and then charge a fee to "fix" your table ;))).

Speaking of Little Big Planet, I wonder if he's seen this.

Personally, I'm not too excited about the idea of them getting together with the classic designers to make new virtual-only tables that "take advantage" of stuff they can't do with a real table--unless it's just stuff that they could do only it would be too expensive or whatever. Real tables and even simulations of them are just so much better than any of the virtual tables anyone's managed to come up with--granted, it wasn't these guys designing them, but it has me leery of the idea; I just wonder if part of the strength of pinball has been that it is centered--constrained, if you will--to a heavy metal ball bouncing around a table top.

For instance, I was slightly horrified to hear speculation of doing the Pinball 2000 tables on next-generation consoles. They're just...very not-fun! Don't let them kill off pinball again! ;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts