Android 1.8.0 and Tournament: Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
sure, I can hide the button until it needs to be used.
Be careful with that...there's already one place in the iOS beta where the trigger button needs to work and it doesn't. (When "Holodeck 3 Ready" is displayed on DMD, pressing the trigger 3 times is supposed to start Secret Mission, but on the iOS version, the trigger button is unresponsive at the time it's needed.)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok scratch that, I have been told to leave it as it is since its too risky, sorry guys.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
This has been confirmed a global bug.

Be careful with that...there's already one place in the iOS beta where the trigger button needs to work and it doesn't. (When "Holodeck 3 Ready" is displayed on DMD, pressing the trigger 3 times is supposed to start Secret Mission, but on the iOS version, the trigger button is unresponsive at the time it's needed.)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah the HoF screen was checked in as another platform so its not even close, fixing it as we speak.

Love the flasher effects, what the icon on the lower right of the screen though?

Plays buttery smooth on my Samsung Galaxy S, only gripe is it doesn't feel like a widebody table.

New UI is really really broken on my phone too, text overflowing from buttons, HOF scores off the screen, no exit button, I'd go on but you can see for yourself what's wrong :)

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Since the trigger button cannot be hidden when not needed, is it possible to have this raised or lowered? It is completly blocking view of the right outlane in portrait mode to where you cannot tell if the ball is going to drain or not. It is frustrating how many balls I have lost in this manner due to lack of visibility. Reminds me of the solid blue railing issue on NGG.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
sure thing. Also the responsiveness of the button isn't me, it might be related to the emulation not sure, but we are looking into it.

N

Nik Barbour

Nice job Ryan - runs smooth as, on single core 1ghz device (no overclock needed.:)

My device is one of the ones suffering landscape only menu's BTW.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
great =)

Yeah there is no portrait version of the table select and main menu currently. I believe they are designing one.

N

Nik Barbour

That's pretty much all tables, all running with textures set on high too (only exception - RBION is a bit laggy, but you said it's a heavy demand rom previously). :)

N

netizen

Nexus 10 still has menu buttons that are not mapped properly in Portrait perspective.

The most noticeable ones are the continue/HOF ones at the end of a game where the continue button on the right still acts as if you pressed the button on the left. This sets up a loop of going from score to HOF unless you go to landscape.

The other things are various menu items like goals etc not being mapped properly so that you don;t get the menu item pressed when viewing menus in portrait perspective.

Last edited:

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
is there any plans to scale down the hud on big shot in portrait mode? the hud is really huge for me, the lover hud block the left flipper an all views, and the upper hud blocks the lanes at the top.

Last edited:
N

netizen

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Hmmm...

Any idea if it would be possible to implement a toggle in the menu for the size of the trigger button? The reactive area for the trigger could remain the same, but scaling the icon up or down might be a good solution that works for both normal and HD resolutions. Just tossing out ideas since this kind of fragmentation isn't as much of an issue on the iOS platform.

Anyone else notice that Medieval Madness has had a flipper and playfield overhaul?

N

Nik Barbour

Anyone else notice that Medieval Madness has had a flipper and playfield overhaul?

Yeah - but not had the chance to play with it today.
(it was the only other table update and now has a pro version).

N

netizen

I noticed it was a Pro table, but haven't seen much of a change from the last set of changes.

I'll have to do a side by side with a device I haven't updated yet

N

netizen

Device/OS: Nexus 10/Jelly Bean 4.2.1

Bug Description: Shuttle Simulation doesn't always award shuttle simulation when selected

Steps to reproduce: select shuttle simulation, press right flipper, and get Riker's card game even when the trigger wasn't pressed. This is maybe related to the issue where the trigger flips selected mission one to the right?
I have to ask if more discrete plunger zones can be created for puch button launchers so that the games like STTNG and HD that have selections screens can be utilized without accidental launching of the ball while changing the selection. Also STTNG has that "Hidden" launch bonus code thing that will be very difficult to exploit/take advantage of on touch screens with the way it is set up

--------------------------------------

Table explore modes still have various glitches.
MM goes past the back glass and you can zoom through the play field. TOTAN you can't get to the top of the play field; also zooms through the play filed. TZ, ESS and ST:TNG zoom through the play field.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hmmm...

Any idea if it would be possible to implement a toggle in the menu for the size of the trigger button? The reactive area for the trigger could remain the same, but scaling the icon up or down might be a good solution that works for both normal and HD resolutions. Just tossing out ideas since this kind of fragmentation isn't as much of an issue on the iOS platform.

And pro mode

Edit: Nik beat me to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.