FarSight's Twelve Days of Christmas Facebook Promo (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
They only just made it in at the very end as #100, but it's still pretty good publicity--and there aren't too many other games in the list.

Their top list, just including the games:

33. Mass Effect 3
38. Angry Birds Space
52. The Walking Dead
71. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
80. Hero Academy
86. Dishonored
100. Pinball Arcade

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Any way to get this information without signing into facebook?

And is one of them going to be a massive sale to buy it on other platforms? (I've only got it fully purchased on Xbox and iOS, looking to add Android and OS X...).

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Remember last year when Farsight had a 12 Days of Christmas as well, showing the screens and videos of the 4 original tables? Can't believe it's only 12 months ago, looking forward to some interesting announcements over the coming days!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Yes me too, hopefully some good info we have no idea about like tables they haven't mentioned yet or new modes etc. Hopefully they'll announce that CV will be playable soon :D. Sorry, I promise thats the last time I have a go at CV.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I feel you Kev. I don't play CV anymore. It was better when it first came out. It has so many issues that I have given up on it. When a major update for it comes out, I will check it out. Until then I pretend it doesn't exist (like BK). There is plenty of other tables that play very well for me to just let it go.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Yes me too, hopefully some good info we have no idea about like tables they haven't mentioned yet or new modes etc. Hopefully they'll announce that CV will be playable soon :D. Sorry, I promise thats the last time I have a go at CV.
You have it for 360, right? It's much more playable on the 360 than it is on mobile devices.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I dare say its better on 360 but the last time I tried it I had a few issues, balls getting stuck etc so I've left it alone.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Remember last year when Farsight had a 12 Days of Christmas as well, showing the screens and videos of the 4 original tables? Can't believe it's only 12 months ago, looking forward to some interesting announcements over the coming days!

Agreed! It seems like so long ago. That was back when the Facebook page was actually a nice place, before all the trolls moved in. But yeah, I remember refreshing the page every couple minutes, dying for any morsel of new info.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I dare say its better on 360 but the last time I tried it I had a few issues, balls getting stuck etc so I've left it alone.

CV is tons of fun on 360. Throughout all my game sessions, I've had the ball through the flipper thing happen twice, and a few times it went through the entire playfield (which the game noticed and replaces it immediately, so it's nothing bad).
The few times it's gotten "stuck" I've been able to easily nudge it out (unlike RBION which is done for once that happens).

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Could the days up to now be posted here, trawling through the cesspit that is facebook to find them is a pain in the ass

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
H
Any way to get this information without signing into facebook?

And is one of them going to be a massive sale to buy it on other platforms? (I've only got it fully purchased on Xbox and iOS, looking to add Android and OS X...).

I don't have a Facebook account, but if I click on Farsight's Facebook link I can still read all the posts, just can't add any myself.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Introducing the 12 Days of a Pinball Arcade Christmas! Starting tomorrow, every day we will post something new and interesting about our game that hadn't been revealed before!
As an early surprise, here is an article from PC World naming Pinball Arcade in the top 100 best products of 2012!
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2015065/the-100-best-products-of-2012.html?page=0

---

On the ACTUAL 2nd day of a Pinball Arcade Christmas: gameplay footage of Star Trek from an iPad 3 and a Nexus 7!

Additionally: Star Trek: The Next Generation has launched for iOS and Android!

Even more: our newsletter went out today! If you signed up but didn't get it, please let us know.

http://youtu.be/4mZ8RkIZWY8

---

On the 3rd day of a Pinball Arcade Christmas: The Star Trek Promo Video!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QKCMPLUDIA

It also appears that the Free version of our iOS game has not been released. Apple is holding it for review due to their confusion over the Star Trek table and the new Star Trek movie franchise. You can still get the table, however.
Follow these steps:
1) Download the paid version
2) Restore transactions on the paid version
3) Purchase Star Trek.
This way you can still play the table, and when the free version is released, you can transfer that purchase to the free version.

---

On the 4th Day of a Pinball Arcade Christmas, we are happy to announce that Beta Tournament #2 is now live on Android and iOS.

This tournament features the four launch tables and Big Shot which can all be played for free during the tournament. There will be a special custom ball for mobile devices awarded to the top 100 finishers in the tournament.

This tournament will end on December 30th.

Good luck everyone!

---

FarSight would like your help in deciding which classic Bally table to re-create first.

For the 5th Day of a Pinball Christmas, Pinballarcadefans.com is hosting a poll for us that will decide which classic Bally table we re-create. The table that receives the most votes between Eight Ball Deluxe, Fireball, and Centaur will be put on the schedule to be released in May or June of 2013.

Here’s the link:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2982-Vote-for-a-classic-Bally-table

May the best table win!

---

FarSight Studios, our families and everyone that's a part of the Pinball Arcade would like to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas!

For the sixth day, we'd like invite you back over to digitalpinballfans.com today for an article that was written by Chris Friebus (one of the active members on the fan forum) after visiting us up in Big Bear last week.

The write-up includes a look into how we work, a few clues as to some upcoming tables, a little insider gossip and some insights about how passionate we are about pinball and our game.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2992-An-Afternoon-At-FarSight-Studios?p=46114#post46114

We'd like to thank Chris for taking the time to write this and to Gord Lacey and Jeff Strong for all that they do for the fan forum in supporting us.

The next couple days will include Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo updates.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

---

For the 7th day of a Pinball Arcade Christmas, we're including as detailed a 360 update as we can today:

FarSight has selected a new publisher for the Xbox 360 version of the Pinball Arcade! We are in the final stages of finalizing the contract. This process has taken months – as game publishing deals often do. With our previous publisher’s bankruptcy involved, it is extraordinarily complicated in terms of the Pinball Arcade.

We anticipate submitting this new version of the Pinball Arcade in January. FarSight has been assured that all previous purchases can and will be entitled when we re-launch. We will keep you updated as best we can and announce when we have firm release dates. The plan is for Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation (free for kickstarter backers) to be available as DLC from day one.

Please be patient with us. This situation has been difficult for FarSight from a business standpoint and we know it has been very frustrating for you. With any luck and with your support, 2013 will be the year of the Pinball Arcade on 360 with 40 tables available by the end of the year!

---

For the 8th day of a Pinball Arcade Christmas, we'd like to update our PlayStation players with the latest Sony news (and include a few screenshots of the tables in submission):

We were hoping to get Twilight Zone released before the holidays, but it will about a month longer. There are currently 8 different packages for the Pinball Arcade in submission for the PS3 and PSVita versions at SCEA and SCEE. In addition to the Twilight Zone table and the Table Pack that includes Scared Stiff and Big Shot – Sony Format QA is currently testing the Pro Versions of Medieval Madness, Scared Stiff, Tales, and Twilight Zone. The TZ custom ball is also in test.
The scheduled release dates that we currently have from Sony range from January 22, 2013 to February 13, 2013. We’re sorry for the additional wait. The Star Trek:TNG table will be submitted along with the January table pack shortly. Hopefully, the testing cycle will be quicker now that we’re out of the holiday rush.

In other news:
The TZ table was released today on Amazon for Android devices. The Star Trek: TNG update will be submitted tomorrow. Amazon does not allow two simultaneous updates in submission at the same time.
Also, we are sincerely hoping that Apple will finish their review of the Free version of our app for iOS and approve it before the weekend is over.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
For the 9th day of a Pinball Arcade Christmas, it's time to announce the next table pack!

This pack will include Genie, the Gottlieb classic wide body table from 1979 and the Bally great... Attack from Mars from 1995!

Attack From Mars was designed by Brian Eddy and programmed by Lyman Sheats. An army of Martians is attacking Earth and it’s the player’s job to defend it. With its open playfield and easy to understand rules, this table is a blast to play. Features include a moving flying saucer in the middle of the playfield, and dancing Martians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.