1.12.0 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
The ball add plunger in real life can add all the balls if you want. MULTIBALL :)

Yeah, when I go play old tables at Silverball, I enjoy doing this too. Kind of hoped to see the effect of using one plunger before the other, but it's understandable.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, this is not a bug, but merely a suggestion. When you release new tables, have you guys ever thought about listing the next follow-up tables with a "coming soon" banner in the "New Tables" section to advertise what's coming next to keep people (including those who don't subscribe to your newsletter, follow you on Facebook or check this forum regularly) interested in the next table releases? I think this would encourage people to keep the app installed on their device to see what's coming next if they don't see a table that interests them right off the bat.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I believe there are some licensing issues when it comes to that, Bobby would be a better person to ask, but I do like the idea.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I believe there are some licensing issues when it comes to that, Bobby would be a better person to ask, but I do like the idea.

Thanks for the info Ryan...hopefully you can run this by Bobby in one of your meetings.

EDIT : Any chance you can center the scoreboard in portrait view on Central Park? Also, the Central Park logo needs to be moved down a bit on the table fly-over screen so that it's not covering the scoreboard. This is on the Galaxy S III running Android 4.1.2.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I'll see if I can get it in for the update, we are locked down code wise and I am on to finishing up Ouya, but might be able to sneak in a fix, otherwise we can do a quick update for it.

Also, I just uploaded a new CC rez file and purged the old one, so you should be able to download the new one once it is purged and hopefully the weird collision issue is fixed.

Thanks for the info Ryan...hopefully you can run this by Bobby in one of your meetings.

EDIT : Any chance you can center the scoreboard in portrait view on Central Park? Also, the Central Park logo needs to be moved down a bit on the table fly-over screen so that it's not covering the scoreboard. This is on the Galaxy S III running Android 4.1.2.

angrytilter

Jan 20, 2013
Took me several installation attempts before it would install, it would sit there for a few minutes and then tell me I didn't have enough space. My phone has plenty of space, so I dunno what that's all about.

If you fail to plunge the ball and it comes back down into the shooter, the camera doesn't go back to the launcher view on Cactus Canyon.

I've seen that happen on a few different tables. Pressing the right flipper should re-launch the ball back into the playfield, even the ones with manual launch plungers.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
its basically a Nexus 7 but with the overhead of a huge screen. Still profiling it but I had to force it to 720p to run at 60 (sounds like all developers are doing this unless they are 2d games). But I guess you get what you buy for 99 bucks. Hopefully I can optimize it, but still pretty cool =). Further more because of this I should be able to implement controller support for all Android soon, I had Norman order a controller for me for Android.

N

Nik Barbour

its basically a Nexus 7 but with the overhead of a huge screen. Still profiling it but I had to force it to 720p to run at 60 (sounds like all developers are doing this unless they are 2d games). But I guess you get what you buy for 99 bucks. Hopefully I can optimize it, but still pretty cool =). Further more because of this I should be able to implement controller support for all Android soon, I had Norman order a controller for me for Android.

Re - controller support implementation.
Could you please make it customisable, so we can choose which keyboard inputs correspond to which controls. Cheers Ryan!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

Since the Ouya is Android based will the table releases be concurrent with mobile? Depending on how it looks it may be worth getting for those (like me) who get impatient with the PS3 releases taking a couple extra months. If so, the Ouya would be the only console that releases along with mobile. Good selling point for the nutty's like me.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

This would stand to reason: 720p seems pretty standard HDMI resolution for the Tegra 3 Chipset.

Before the TF300T (very similar in specs to the N7, and ergo Ouya) received the Android 4.2.1 update, I managed to get Zen Pinball HD outputting full 3D (stuff jumping out of the screen at you 3D), but it was only 720p. Even at 720p and "Standard" (as opposed to "Enhanced") graphics, the framerate was choppy but acceptable.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
...Further more because of this I should be able to implement controller support for all Android soon, I had Norman order a controller for me for Android.

This is epic news!

Another issue I've encountered with the 4.2.1 update is that all the usual tricks for keeping root enabled (so I can use a joystick app to emulate touch commands with a controller) were b0rked, because the 4.2 update encrypted certain system partitions of the OS. So any su binaries were locked out, and at the time of writing this post there is no solution to getting su or a custom recovery (CWM, TWRP) back on the device and working successfully.

So getting native controller support without root would be very, very, cool.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012

The news that we might have Android control for TPA soon has my neck singing "There's a brand new day on the horizon" by Elvis. After an hour or so looking down on my tablet, my decrepit ol' neck starts hurting.

Also the news about Ouya is pretty exciting for me. I am disabled and have a low income. I can see myself spending 100 bucks for the Ouya box. My tv is 720p and the only game I would play on the system is TPA.

Edited to ask if the Android controller will support portrait and landscape modes for TPA.

Thanks Ryan for the great news.

Last edited:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Does that mean there won't be a separate Ouya release, so if we've already got everything on Android and we buy a Ouya we're good to go with all tables straight away???

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
unfortunately they do have different market apps and billing systems, much in the same way Amazon is still Android but, well, different.

Yes it should support both Frank =) hopefully in the next month this will roll out to Android as we move forward with Ouya

N

Nik Barbour

Any chance of customisable keyboard inputs re- the controller Ryan?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I can definitely look into it but I will probably get it working as is first ;) baby steps n all

N

netizen

I have been encountering an issue of the Beta freezing on the table selection screen on my Nexus 10. This seems to happen after ~5 or more tables have been played in a single session and you either are changing tables, or starting one.

I have also had CC freeze then crash while entering initials, 3 times.

Unfortunately this happens so intermittently that it is really hard to say why or how it is happening. I don't think CC has froze/crashed since the new rez file, but the selection screen issue is still ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.