iOS Version 1.2.6 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Device/OS: iPod touch 5 version 6.1.3

Bug description: On White Water, after shooting insanity falls while holding the left flipper, sometimes the ball will go through the left flipper. Sometimes it will only go partially through, (and bounce up to the right flipper) and sometimes it will go all the way through.

Steps to reproduce: Shoot insanity falls and hold the left flipper.

Frequency: Fairly rare

Additional comments: Most of the times I encountered this bug, I was attempting a 5-way combo, which means most of the time I accessed the upper playfield through the Spine Chiller, and not usually through No Way Out. It may happen more often when the ball is going faster, but I'm not sure.

The frequency depends on something else I suppose... Just had a game with 2 out of 5 passing through the left flipper. Good thing the ball manages to land on the right flipper somehow :)

RP1980

Jun 13, 2012
Ipad first gen/ios 5.1.1

Bug: after a completed game, app crashes right before score is uploaded to farsight leaderboards. None of my scores reach the leaderboards now.

Frequency: every time

Comments: i emailed farsight weeks ago, but no response. On a side note, I finished 55th in the tourney and have not received my free in-game pinballs either...the game still wants me to pay for them. I mostly don't care...the leaderboards bug is more important to me.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 5/iOS 6.1.3

Bug Description: When iCade mode is turned on with no iCade connected the iOS keyboard screen appears and there is no way to close the keyboard. Since the bottom half of the screen is covered by the keyboard it is impossible to turn off iCade mode. The app stays in iCade mode even after deleting and re-installing the app. The ONLY way to get out of the keyboard is to connect an iCade (or similar Bluetooth keyboard) via Bluetooth.

Steps To Reproduce: Turn on iCade mode.

Frequency: Always

Additional Comments: THIS IS AN APP-BREAKER ON iPHONE! Do not enable iCade mode on an iPhone without an iCade or you will no longer be able to use the app until this bug is fixed in an update.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 5/iOS 6.1.3
Bug Description: When iCade mode is turned on with no iCade connected the iOS keyboard screen appears and there is no way to close the keyboard.

Not sure about the iPhone, but on the iPad this isn't a problem. You can just press the "close keyboard" button -- it's the button in the lower-right corner.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Right, the iPhone doesn't have a "close keyboard" button in the PA app. That's why I only reported that the issue involves iPhone, not iPad.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Device/IOS : iPhone 4

Bug description : no sound for the whole app. The sound:eek:n option doesn't do anything. All other apps have sound that works

Frequency : always

Other comments : reinstalling doesn't work

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Same iPad, latest OS; no issue.

Some great advice from this board that I hadn't previously thought of myself when having issues is to power-cycle the iPad. I know I almost never turn mine off, so it's easy to forget that it is a computer and therefore clearing the memory from time to time isn't a bad thing!

I'm afraid this had no effect. Still crashes when thing to open. Going to try a reinstall and pray the backup option is effective.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Okay. Reinstalled. Fixed the crash on manage tables issue, but created another one.

iPad 3, current os.

Bug: upon reinstall and data restore, goals are completed. However, the app says that disabling tilt requires all goals to be met. (The reinstall has restored all goals. I can't earn anymore!). Thus, I cannot disable tilt.

Frequency, always.

Not a bug deal to me, as I enjoy tilt restrictions, but still a bug.

EDIT: I did appear to lose my Space Shuttle local high scores, but not the rest of my local high scores.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Device/IOS : iPhone 4

Bug description : no sound for the whole app. The sound:eek:n option doesn't do anything. All other apps have sound that works

Frequency : always

Other comments : reinstalling doesn't work

I just found out its just MY phone doing it. But it would still be nice to know what's going on.

chilled

Apr 23, 2013
Device/IOS : iPad 3 (retina), iOS 6.1.3
Bug description : Occasionally when starting a game, I lose on-screen controls: ie trigger for ST:TNG, plus the camera and options button from the top left and top right corners for all tables.

Frequency : has happened twice, once each in 1.2.5 & 1.2.6

Other comments : I have to re-install which loses my high-scores, goals etc which is very annoying indeed!

EDIT:

found the restore data option from remote, this has given me my high scores back. However the table menu (ST:TNG) shows standard goals, but they're all ticked as complete...

Last edited:

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
I have this problem as i turned icade on yesterday. So i guess i'm screwed til the next update then? Thats extremely dissapointing. Im using the iPhone 4.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ahhh, I didn't think to try that. It works because Pinball Arcade functions based on where you release your finger, not where you first click and release like many other games.

Very helpful video. I assume that was Stephen that put it together.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Nice to see there's a workaround so users don't need to wait for the update.

Stephen Snow

FarSight Employee
Oct 11, 2012
Ahhh, I didn't think to try that. It works because Pinball Arcade functions based on where you release your finger, not where you first click and release like many other games.

Very helpful video. I assume that was Stephen that put it together.

Actually to give credit where credit is due, Zach (one of our other testers) put this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.