Bug Star Trek plunger

crazy7892

Nov 15, 2012
The new plunger in the new update has the button on the right bottom corner, makes the game hit the flipper at the same time which is bad at the start of the game when you start a mode like start mission, lock ball etc , or in command decision it always goes to the next mission

dagwood

Feb 2, 2013
This update seems like a bit of a fail.

Yes it's great they finally moved the plunger trigger to the bottom of the screen, but on iPad 3rd gen (iOS 6.12) there is now an invisible dead zone where the trigger used to be, so if you hit it while you're playing you get a dead flipper.

IMHO this is worse than before because at least then you knew to avoid that spot during game play.

Sorry to go OT for a moment, but I recently discovered an app house that has recreated the 70's & 80's ZZZ Zacharia tables. I'm a HUGE fan of TPA and will keep buying all their tables, but these aged ZZZ emulations look so real with their flickering bulbs and dirty scratched play-field glass. As an older guy who played them in the flesh, the visual experience brings back many memories.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Luckily I flip higher to the middle so I can use the nudge, but I do hit the dead spot from time to time. I think someone forgot to remap the location when the moved the plunger.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Is that the only difference to the table? Should I just avoid (or back up) the existing TNG one for now?

Are they able to update the tables out of band, or do they need to get Apple approval for something beforehand? Because it'd be great if they'd see this, update it and push out a new version without requiring a full app update.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Is that the only difference to the table? Should I just avoid (or back up) the existing TNG one for now?

The ST:TNG table itself wasn't updated; just the app. If you want to avoid the problem, don't install the update at all.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I want the update, damnit ;) It's all good though, I'm just going to rename the older one (backed it up before updating) so it thinks it's the newer one.

Actually, is this newer TNG the same as the last one if you deleted and redownloaded it? If that's the case... then maybe the problem doesn't affect me as much as others.

...on Friday a neighbor came over to our pinball club and asked if we would take an old pinball machine... It was a Farfalla - for free :)
New thread! Or post pics in another one and link them here. Love looking at people's various pickups.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yes, complete fail. How can this get missed.

That change was made right before submission so everything else was tested except that. Don't worry though, Stuart (the new programmer) learned from the mistake. He's a really great guy and we have him to thank for the detailed changelog notes.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
The changelog is great! so is the fact that FS released a maintenance update without a new table pack... This is really a step in the right direction!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.