Well,I feel stupid... (iCade question)

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I can't figure out how to sync the iCade for use with TPA. I have the controller synched to my iPad,and it is working fine in other games,but nothing going on here.

A little help,please???

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
As of 1.2.7...
1. Start TPA.
2. At the main menu, press Options.
3. Scroll to the very bottom of the list. You can do this either by dragging your finger vertically on the screen or by using the arrows on the right side if you are in landscape mode.
4. Press "iCade" to toggle the option On/Off and follow the on-screen prompt.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Told you I'd feel stupid...

I never tried scrolling down in the options screen.

Anyways,thanks for the help everyone...

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well, TPA is the only game I've come across where you have to enable iCade support in a menu, so you shouldn't feel stupid for asking the question.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Well, TPA is the only game I've come across where you have to enable iCade support in a menu, so you shouldn't feel stupid for asking the question.

Agreed. As a result, I've adjusted the way it works for the next update.
Support for iCade will be enabled by default. The settings for the option are: <current device> (default), <other device> and Off. For example, if you are using an iPad, <current device> will be iPad and <other device> will be iPhone/iPod. This is so that iCade and iCade Mobile button mappings can be used for both iPad and iPhone/iPod if desired. Also, when the option is on, a keyboard will never popup on the screen (even if a bluetooth keyboard is not detected).

Edit: oh, and I've added arrows for portrait mode for the sake of consistency.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
This is probably going to sound like a weird request (and it's probably completely pointless) but would there be any chance of maybe using a second device as a controller? I just had this weird thought, that playing on an iPad but using a 4S or 5 to control it could work really well, especially if you can use the gyro on the phone to tilt, but not have to move the entire iPad around.

It's probably stupid, but I'm putting it out there just in case :)

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
This is probably going to sound like a weird request (and it's probably completely pointless) but would there be any chance of maybe using a second device as a controller? I just had this weird thought, that playing on an iPad but using a 4S or 5 to control it could work really well, especially if you can use the gyro on the phone to tilt, but not have to move the entire iPad around.

It's probably stupid, but I'm putting it out there just in case :)

That. Would. Rock.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts