Firepower thoughts

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Wow just wow FS really screwd the pooch on this one:mad:
pop bumpers barely work
kickout shoots to the right outlane when you need it not too or to the right slingshot rebounding back to the left outlane
balls hitting the slingshot activated it but ball keeps traveling current dirrection
50% of the time you hit 2 slingshots its out
I know theers a fix in the works and has been implemented on mobiles but selling the game like this is just F'ing WRONG!:mad:
Ive had the bug where the game doesnt finish on its own multiple times so far its the only one I've encountered so far Im not holding my breath.
The table looks and sounds good to bad its frustrating as hell once you you play it.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Don't know if it's the issue you had but I heard if the game doesn't want to end you can tilt to get it running again.
Had it once and didn't play enough to get it again to try it

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
I've had the bug where the game doesn't finish on its own a couple of times. You just have to tilt and it ends. I've also had the camera stick to the plunger view #2 for the duration of that particular ball.

Overall, I think the table is very fun and I'm not finding the outlines or anything else unfair. The bumpers definitely need to be made more sensitive. Hopefully there's a fix incoming for this as well as for the other bugs.

Btw I used to hate the sounds on this table and now I love them.

I guess they were an acquired taste for me ;)

Last edited:

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
I'm convinced that someone at Farsight has a grudge against steve ritchie... TWO of his greatest tables are totally neutered and/or atrocious looking in TPA.

At least they got TNG right.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm convinced that someone at Farsight has a grudge against steve ritchie... TWO of his greatest tables are totally neutered and/or atrocious looking in TPA.

At least they got TNG right.

Yes, that's probably it. Someone at FarSight is purposefully sabotaging Steve Ritchie tables because of a long standing grudge. Probably cut him off for a primo parking spot at a gaming convention years ago. "He'll regret THAT someday!" was the cackle heard in the parking lot that day. The state of those tables in TPA is probably keeping Steve Ritchie up at night. Revenge is sweet! :D

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Sounds like bad news, SS. Here's hoping FS get this sorted as soon as they can. Also for upcoming platform releases too.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Found an interesting bug.

If you ever max out the bonus, whatever you do don't pause the game during the EOB bonus tallying. It'll get stuck in an infinite loop once you resume (infinite score). There's no way to stop it (not even tilting), so the only way out is to force quit/exit.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
FS has to fix AFM and GENIE first lame pops on both hmmm.
Last year I played an FP at pac pin expo and the guy had external speakers with a powerd sub OMFG! thos chunky blips with BASS are awesome!!!

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
Every table pack presents a new set of problems, you can almost guarantee it. The hesitation of buying these and hoping they are going to turn out okay got the better of me after the AFM/Genie pack.

Now I see why they don't offer demo's of new tables. I don't buy anymore.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Found an interesting bug.

If you ever max out the bonus, whatever you do don't pause the game during the EOB bonus tallying. It'll get stuck in an infinite loop once you resume (infinite score). There's no way to stop it (not even tilting), so the only way out is to force quit/exit.

Ah, it sounds like that may be what's triggering the infinite scoring loop bug that's been encountered on this table since the Android beta.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Yes, that's probably it. Someone at FarSight is purposefully sabotaging Steve Ritchie tables because of a long standing grudge. Probably cut him off for a primo parking spot at a gaming convention years ago. "He'll regret THAT someday!" was the cackle heard in the parking lot that day. The state of those tables in TPA is probably keeping Steve Ritchie up at night. Revenge is sweet! :D

More likely is that there is a grudge between Ritchie and Lawlor and Pat used black magicks to influence Farsight twofold: releasing Lawlor tables on a regular basis and sabotaging the rare Ritchie releases they do put out.

I'm going to guess some sort of Voodoo as there is evidence on RBION that Pat may be capable of such things... But there is a larger worry here and that's Lawlor's Illuminati connection (known users of Black Magick and Psy-Ops.) The Twilight Zone gameboard features the "powerfield" one of the few things NOT from the show, but completely Lawlor's idea.. This displays the all-seeing eye and pyramid of the illuminati (the eye of horus, one of the egyptian gods they worship) and is common Illuminati imagery..

I'm either onto something or on something...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Hmmm...I think it's time to change my avatar here, before I'm exposed as an Illuminati pawn dastardly plotting to advance FarSight's plans for world domination.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Hmmm...I think it's time to change my avatar here, before I'm exposed as an Illuminati pawn dastardly plotting to advance FarSight's plans for world domination.

OH SHI-

I just realized Farsight's logo is the eye of Horus... how deep down the rabbit hole do we want to go?!

brb calling Alex Jones :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Finally broke down and bought it, eh SS?

I'm holding off until they can hopefully get it ROM emulated. Too many bugs as is.

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
Every table pack presents a new set of problems, you can almost guarantee it. The hesitation of buying these and hoping they are going to turn out okay got the better of me after the AFM/Genie pack.

Now I see why they don't offer demo's of new tables. I don't buy anymore.

Depends on your outlook. What would you prefer? No tables at all, or tables with some minor issues that will be fixed in future updates?

So far no table has been released on a totally unplayable state and I've had fun with each and every one of them until now, regardless of the minor problems.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah Im staying with a Pin Pal so I figured Id get them but I have a feeling we'll be playing his TZ instead :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.