PC - Request PC wish list

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
My wishes are going to be simple.

I want graphical options settings, screen resoloution , HDR , bloom effects, the works . None of this one setting that cant be changed horsepuckey that is often seen with lazy ports .

The PC version should have optimised sound , again since nothing has to be compressed for file space , the PC version can be everything the consoles versions cannot be.

The PC version should have a table only view , this camera view will allow Virtual pin builders to use it to recreate a VP table , that means no posters and no cabinet frames , the screen is one giant playfield view with a static camera view .

Multiplayer on PC should not be that hard to emulate , consider adding VOIP so we can chat socially over microphones while doing 2 VS 2 pinball tourneys or whatever.

We plan to put options in for graphics settings. At launch we should have options for AA and resolution. As we update we'll add in options for things like lighting and texture details.

Cabinet settings will come out sometime after launch. Need more time to get all that working.

I believe multiplayer is planned for the future.

i`d just like to know the minimum system requirements?

I posted this in another thread.
As for the specs, we don't have a wide variety of PC's here to test with so I'm not sure the min or recommended. I can tell you it runs perfectly fine on a Intel Q6600 quad core 2.4ghz with an nVidia 8800GT. In theory it should run on any decent CPU (we only use 1 core and it runs fine at 2.4ghz. I haven't done profiling so I'm not sure the actual requirements) with a graphics card supporting shader model 3.0 or better and DirectX 9.0c. I'm less familiar with ATI cards, but for nVidia that means GeForce 6 or newer (Possibly some higher end GeForce 5 cards)

Controller support please. I hate playing pinball with a keyboard. Oh, and don't make it '360 controller only.' Not everyone has one of those. I have an actual PC controller.

Currently it supports keyboard, mouse or Xbox 360 controller (or similar controllers). I plan to do customized controls so once that's in any windows supported input device should work.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Hey Mike,
Will you guys consider releasing an early benchmark demo for the PC? like this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERZI8-UR7Y
That way we can test out all of the graphics settings in advance and see how it will perform on our systems.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm believe we will do a beta before release. In the beta I could put something that outputs the fps (current and average)

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
We plan to put options in for graphics settings. At launch we should have options for AA and resolution. As we update we'll add in options for things like lighting and texture details.

Cabinet settings will come out sometime after launch. Need more time to get all that working.

I believe multiplayer is planned for the future.

I posted this in another thread.
As for the specs, we don't have a wide variety of PC's here to test with so I'm not sure the min or recommended. I can tell you it runs perfectly fine on a Intel Q6600 quad core 2.4ghz with an nVidia 8800GT. In theory it should run on any decent CPU (we only use 1 core and it runs fine at 2.4ghz. I haven't done profiling so I'm not sure the actual requirements) with a graphics card supporting shader model 3.0 or better and DirectX 9.0c. I'm less familiar with ATI cards, but for nVidia that means GeForce 6 or newer (Possibly some higher end GeForce 5 cards)

Currently it supports keyboard, mouse or Xbox 360 controller (or similar controllers). I plan to do customized controls so once that's in any windows supported input device should work.

Thank you Mike , I think you might be overstepping the hardware reqs. a bit most games need minimum reqs of Geforce 800 (graphic card is 6 years old supports DX 10 shader model 4.0 supported , and very common ) series and Geforce 600 (graphic card is about 2 years old not common ) series would be a top of the line generation card. For the folks who do not use state of the art hardware the game might leave them unable to play on the common PC .

I use a Geforce GTX 570 , which was close to cutting edge last year , and features Direct X 11 ,shader model 4.0 support . Dont ask me about ATI Radeons .

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Thanks, Mike! Would love to start slamming on those Ctrl buttons again. (I've done it in other pinball games, too ;) )

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thank you Mike , I think you might be overstepping the hardware reqs. a bit most games need minimum reqs of Geforce 800 (graphic card is 6 years old supports DX 10 shader model 4.0 supported , and very common ) series and Geforce 600 (graphic card is about 2 years old not common ) series would be a top of the line generation card. For the folks who do not use state of the art hardware the game might leave them unable to play on the common PC .

I use a Geforce GTX 570 , which was close to cutting edge last year , and features Direct X 11 ,shader model 4.0 support . Dont ask me about ATI Radeons .

Mike is saying that the game will even run on an ancient GeForce 6 card with Shader Model 3.0, such as the 6600GT, which came out in 2004...so that means just about any PC will be able to play it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_6_Series

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Mike is saying that the game will even run on an ancient GeForce 6 card, such as the 6600GT, which came out in 2004...so that means just about any PC will be able to play it.

The GeForce 6 series was the first to support Shader Model 3.0:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_6_Series

The 600 Series came out last year , according to Wikipedia , I know it's confusing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_Series , I can barely keep track too .

So he either meant Geforce 6 , or 600 I took him to mean 600 , of course , but if it runs the game with 2004 graphic cards aint going to be any hardware req. issues.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The 600 Series came out last year , according to Wikipedia , I know it's confusing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_Series , I can barely keep track too .

So he either meant Geforce 6 , or 600 I took him to mean 600 , of course , but if it runs the game with 2004 graphic cards aint going to be any hardware req. issues.

Yeah, I'm fairly positive he meant GeForce 6 series (from 2004) since he mentioned Shader Model 3.0.

There's pretty much no way it would require a GTX 600 at minimum specs since that card is much better than what the 360 is running.

Plus he said it runs great on an 8800GT and that's an older card too (2007).

Last edited:

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Guess who owns a GeForce FX 5900XT? And it's AGP, yay! o_O Guess a new PC has been overdue since about 2008.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Yes I meant GeForce 6 series. Like the 6600 or 6800. I thought some of the really high end 5 series, like FX5900 supported shader model 3.0.

The Xbox 360 GPU is a 48 core GPU with Shader Model 3 support. If you have a similar graphics card, you should be able to get roughly Xbox 360 equivilant quality.

Our PC's at work have 8800GT's in them. At home I have a GTX 560, but I haven't run Pinball on my home PC.

It currently requires Directx 9.0c to run. We don't have any Directx 10 or 11 specific features in yet.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I have a GeForce 9600GT 512MB so I should be fine.

Mike, you said '360 controller (or similar controller),' Does that include Logitech Dual Actions? It has same buttons/layout as a Dualshock PS3 controller. If not, no biggie. I can use my Logitech profiler to map the buttons to my gamepad.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I have a GeForce 9600GT 512MB so I should be fine.

Mike, you said '360 controller (or similar controller),' Does that include Logitech Dual Actions? It has same buttons/layout as a Dualshock PS3 controller. If not, no biggie. I can use my Logitech profiler to map the buttons to my gamepad.

Honestly I'm not sure. I need to try out a few different types of controllers to see what happens.

Really it depends on how windows/directx signals which buttons are pressed.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks Mike. My main request for controls is to be able to customize the keyboard controls since my X-Arcade Tankstick is detected as a second keyboard. Hopefully the menu controls will be customizable as well.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
My plan was to have custom controls for menu selections (up, down, left, right, select and back) as well as the game controls. I also planned to set it up so you could set it to any button, key, mouse control, etc.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Great stuff about the controller/customization issue. Wish you best of luck with Steam although they were kinda mean to dismiss you, yet decide to release Dream Pinball 3D on the platform without going through Greenlight. Seems insulting even. Have you tried asking Gamefly and Gamersgate?? I use their services too.

linkjy

Oct 2, 2012
Hey Mike, will we have the ability to log into profiles in game, like the android version? That would be nice to have for any friends/family that want to play.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.