iOS Version 1.2.9 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Please post your iOS version 1.2.9 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
1.2.9 changelog:

What's fixed:
- Crash fixed for iOS 5.1.1 users at startup
- Potential crash related to Save Game files for all users fixed
- HUD on Bride of Pinbot and Funhouse

1.2.8 changelog:

What's new:
- New Table: Bally’s Centaur.
- New Table: Williams’ Pin*Bot.
- Table packs: 14 and 14 Pro.
- Season Pack One and Season Pack Two discounts (Pro versions available).
- All-Time Ranks have been added for tournaments.
- New Table of the Month: Cactus Canyon.
- New artwork for main menu buttons.
- New zones for up, left/up, and right/up touch nudging.
- New option "Touch Schemes." Users can now choose between five different touch layouts.
- New option "Show Touch Schemes." Users can turn this option on to have a visualization of where to touch the screen to perform actions while playing.
- New option "Button Position." Users can now adjust the vertical position of special buttons on the screen. Note: this option only appears on tables with special buttons.
- Option for iCade has been modified. Detection is enabled by default and changing the setting does not require the user to restart the application. Users can now choose between iPad (iCade mapping), iPod/iPhone (iCade Mobile mapping), and Off.

Table Updates:
- Centaur (v2)
- Pinbot (v2)
- Shuttle (v5)

What's Fixed:
- Settings were not saving when leaving options and table options menus.
- Dead zone for launcher button in Star Trek: The Next Generation was where the button used to be in 1.2.6.
- Pausing while playing Star Trek: The Next Generation would cause the launcher button to pulse even when it wasn't available.
- An onscreen keyboard would appear when the iCade option was enabled and no bluetooth keyboard was connected.
- There were no arrows on some menus in portrait where they were needed.
- Space Shuttle's backbox display was upside down for player 1.
- Fliers were not properly sized on iPhone/iPod 5 in landscape.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm having an issue with PinBot. This is an ongoing case since 1.2.8.

No matter how long I play, the little Galaxian ship never comes out to destroy my flipper. Not that I miss that, but I just thought it should be mentioned.

Thank you for your time. Good night.

Last edited:

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
*grins* i still play nes pinbot

So do I. My grandpa and I used to play it for hours on end. Showed him Pin Bot on TPA today and his only question was... "Where are those little blobby bastards that eat your ball?" lol

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Don't forget to write some new reviews for the App Store. The app took a beating because of the 1.2.8 crash bugs :(

karl

May 10, 2012
My favorite thing about this app is that I still feel it gets a little bit better each month.(well the Cactus Canyon/Firepower was a small let down for me both graphic and physics wise looking back)

No other game on any platform has ever kept me interested for this long.

this latest update is probably my favorite. Great tables, great graphics, great physics, and most of all, the fantastic extra customizable features. I have absolutely nothing negative what so ever to say about the latest build

night

May 18, 2012
My favorite thing about this app is that I still feel it gets a little bit better each month.(well the Cactus Canyon/Firepower was a small let down for me both graphic and physics wise looking back)

Firepower has good graphics, Cactus Canyon belongs in the hall of shame. I hope FarSight can keep the graphic consistency, as the quality has gone all over the place. Twilight Zone without schadows is still unforgivable. After the TZ release I lost all believe in the quality control of the FarSight team, shameless reverse enginering of console graphics. The last 2 table packs are the way to go.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
this latest update is probably my favorite. Great tables, great graphics, great physics, and most of all, the fantastic extra customizable features. I have absolutely nothing negative what so ever to say about the latest build

Well, I feel like learning piano with all those new nudging options ;) and my left hand's index finger is too lazy...

It would be awesome to adjust strength somehow (options: 100, 75, 50, 25%). IRL those subtle nudges make all the difference. Thinking of it, I know I'm nudging way harder on older machines than I do on early 90's. I'm not very gentle on newer Sterns... They just don't recognize you shoved the whole table 10cm (4") in either direction. I guess the tilt blomb makes 8 contacts, but the software just ignores them ;)

Anyway, adjustable nudging strength would be awesome!

...or make centaur's tilt a little less sensitive. I can nudge 3-4 times on pinbot repeatedly while the second nudge on centaur tilts.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm not very gentle on newer Sterns... They just don't recognize you shoved the whole table 10cm (4") in either direction. I guess the tilt blomb makes 8 contacts, but the software just ignores them ;)
We have an AC/DC on location here that is quite sensitive.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I played Tron, spidey and avatar on different locations, and I survived a really good shove with one warning only. Though I got the warning on quite gentle nudges too.
That's what I meant: http://www.geekgamer.tv/media/pinball/PAPACircuit_Round5.mp4 at 8:00mins into the video.

Edit: ok, Bowen is explaining that too... I didn't hear that the first time I watched it... They have a timer of 2-3 seconds between warnings, while the older machines, just count the contacts made and go tilt ;)

My guess is that the PAPA machines have a very tight tilt. I know the IFPA machines do in this weekend's world championship in Germany!

Sorry for the off topic :)

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Really enjoying the new update - though I did have to logout/login for my kickstarter tables again, which I didn't have to do after the last update.

I did vote for 8-Ball Deluxe over Centaur, however no regrets over this table getting the nod first as it's my fave at the moment! Also nice to get to play Pinbot again, though it's very unforgiving!

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Talking of Sound... I have never heard a real Centaur, but from the videos I saw, the TPA one is pitched up somehow i.e. running too fast (44.1 vs 48 kHz?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts