Instructions: Receiving a Credit on Purchases of Season Two Individual Table Packs

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
These are the instructions I received from Farsight Studios today. I thought I would re-share it so those folks who want to apply for the refund know *exactly* what they need to do to fast-track the process:

Hello,

If you purchased table packs 11, 12 or 13, then bought the season 2 pack, we will credit you with 1 to 3 table packs depending on how many you purchased before the season pass was released.

Just need to collect some information:
1. Proof of purchase for table packs 11,12, and/or 13 as-well as the Season 2 pack.
2. Operating system you are using Android or iOS
3. Email used for Farsight login
4. Email associated with your Google/iTunes/Amazon account
5. what tables you would like us to unlock for you (tables from season 1 or season 2)

Credits for season 3 will be kept in our database. You will have to request the tables as they are released.

*IMPORTANT*

That last line quoted is important. To redeem the credits "you will need to request the tables as they are released". That means contacting the support line and getting them to activate the tables through your account.

*RETRIEVING PURCHASE HISTORY*

For Google Play users, don't bother trying to review your purchase history in the Play Store: the info only lists installed apps, not the whole purchase history associated with DLC purchased for that app.

You need to visit your Google Wallet for an itemized list of each add-on pack you purchased (unless you have the emailed receipts in your Gmail Trash folder, that is).

*WHAT YOU CAN USE YOUR CREDIT ON*

Credits that are available to you, or as gifts to friends:
*Tables/table packs
*Pro menu unlocks
*Custom ball sets
*A credit for season 3 when it comes out

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
*IMPORTANT*

That last line quoted is important. To redeem the credits "you will need to request the tables as they are released". That means contacting the support line and getting them to activate the tables through your account.

Thanks jaredmorgs for this thread. Here is some questions I have.

First, how will Season Two Pass purchasers receive their new table pack download and will we get the new table pack the same day as the people who will purchase the individual table pack in the download ?

Second, how will a Season Pass Two purchaser know how much TPA credit they have if they've purchased Table packs 11-12-13 and is FarSight going to give more instructions on how to redeem our credit? "To redeem the credits,you will need to request the tables as they are released." is not a clear instruction.

Third, do they have enough accounting staff to be able to sort this all out before the next table pack comes out? I just hoped they figured out the accounting procedures that will have to be implement to have the Season Pass idea work, which includes purchasers receiving their table packs the same time others can purchase them individually.

I really hope that FarSight realizes that purchasers of the Season Two Pass are putting a special trust in FarSight. FarSight should go out-of-it's-way to make sure that us Season Two pass holders receive what has been promised to us in the purchase of the pass.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
I am trying to mail support@pinballaracde.com and keep getting this:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

support@pinballaracde.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
DNS Error: Domain name not found

Anyone have any luck with this adress?

-Indy

Update: Nevermind. I copied and pasted that adress from the facebook post, and upon a clsoer inspection, corrected the issue :)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks jaredmorgs for this thread. Here is some questions I have.

First, how will Season Two Pass purchasers receive their new table pack download and will we get the new table pack the same day as the people who will purchase the individual table pack in the download ?

Second, how will a Season Pass Two purchaser know how much TPA credit they have if they've purchased Table packs 11-12-13 and is FarSight going to give more instructions on how to redeem our credit? "To redeem the credits,you will need to request the tables as they are released." is not a clear instruction.

Third, do they have enough accounting staff to be able to sort this all out before the next table pack comes out? I just hoped they figured out the accounting procedures that will have to be implement to have the Season Pass idea work, which includes purchasers receiving their table packs the same time others can purchase them individually.

I really hope that FarSight realizes that purchasers of the Season Two Pass are putting a special trust in FarSight. FarSight should go out-of-it's-way to make sure that us Season Two pass holders receive what has been promised to us in the purchase of the pass.

Good questions, Frank.

Let's hope Mike or someone else can allay any fears folks have about the redemption process. If any clarifications are received, I'll be sure to update the OP to reflect the new info.

N

netizen

I'm still awaiting any confirmation to the information provided for the form letter I got; like the one Jared provided.

It is sort of funny, as most of the info they asked for I gave them in the initial letter sent when asking about the credit redemption in the first place. Makes me a little sad for way that the process is being done, but I suppose it is to be expected with the volume that is likely happening.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
will we get the new table pack the same day as the people who will purchase the individual table pack in the download ?

This occurred to me too, after the KS handling of reward tables.
I have a suspicion the next beta is going to be done with quite a few normal testers only playing the free trial versions.
I hope I'm wrong.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I thought one would be eligible to have the credit for packs 11-13 subtracted off the purchase (already) of the *Season 2 Pass*. Otherwise it seems to make little sense for those of us who just play TPA on a single platform (eg. Android mobile). I, for example, already have all the packs from Season 1 and have bought 11-13 from Season 2. Now if I get the credit for Season 3, wouldn't that mean the same problem occurs for the Season 3 pass? (Since that's another complete package and individual table packs cannot seemingly be subtracted from the Season Passes...)

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I thought you got credit for ANY Farsight product?

Because I was thinking of getting Season 2 pass for PS3 (I have 11 and 12, all we have right now I think), and Season 2 pass for iOS (11-13), and then using those 5 table pack credits on the future PC version (I said android before, but I think PC would be better).

Also - this apply to PS3 version too, right?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I thought you got credit for ANY Farsight product?

Because I was thinking of getting Season 2 pass for PS3 (I have 11 and 12, all we have right now I think), and Season 2 pass for iOS (11-13), and then using those 5 table pack credits on the future PC version (I said android before, but I think PC would be better).

Also - this apply to PS3 version too, right?

Point 2 in Jareds instructions (OP) says - "operating system you are using Android or ios".
Does that mean only refunds towards mobile systems then? Or was it just using generic examples?

@goforthewall Another thing you might be able to use the refunds towards is the purchase of pro upgrages - might get some people past the forever rolling credit issue for single platform users.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
I was also curious and have contacted the support if this offer is valid for the PS3 as well. No response so far but if someone has information please let us know. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I modified the thread title for clarification as you're actually requesting a credit (not a refund) for Table Packs #11, #12 and #13...not Table Pack #2.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think I will just buy the packs individually for season 2 for the PS3. I love TPA and will probably buy all packs but anything that needs special handling from FarSight just seems a bit lacking lately. I'll stick with what works. I probably will buy the season 1 pack for #3 PS3 once 3D is released.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Since you have to provide proof that you purchased Season Two Table Pack or Season Two Pro Pack to receive credit for Table Packs #11, #12 and/or #13, the credit cannot be applied to Season Two Table/Pro Pack, but it can be applied to either Season One or Three (when it becomes available).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I modified the thread title for clarification as you're actually requesting a credit (not a refund) for Table Packs #11, #12 and #13...not Table Pack #2.

Quite right. Thanks for doing that. Hopefully the initial details are helpful to others.

R

Rhandos

While I do appreciate this offer and am interested, the credit being bound to your Farsight account is a red flag to me. I've supported both the TZ and ST:TNG kickstarters, but Farsight account tied rewards have been so bad (log out/log in every time you start the app just so the tables appears unlocked while your real purchased tables become unavailable - I've ended up buying the tables just so I don't have to deal with this) that I'm not sure I want to go this route and get burned again. I would've preferred another solution like iTunes IAP download codes.

ben

Mar 18, 2012
Since you have to provide proof that you purchased Season Two Table Pack or Season Two Pro Pack to receive credit for Table Packs #11, #12 and/or #13, the credit cannot be applied to Season Two Table/Pro Pack, but it can be applied to either Season One or Three (when it becomes available).

I was about to buy the season 2 pass (on the day of the release), but I decided against it after thinking that it would be more expensive. 7 (14-20) x $5 = 35, while the season pass is $39.99.

I'm quite sure (back then) that I didn't find any mention of the credit in the purchase page, but maybe I missed it :(

Hopefully next month there will be the same offer for those who already purchase table 11-14. I'd be able to use the credit on Season 3's pass later, right?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hopefully next month there will be the same offer for those who already purchase table 11-14. I'd be able to use the credit on Season 3's pass later, right?

Since the Season Packs and Table Pack #14 were released simultaneously, I don't see FarSight extending the credit to any Table Packs released after Table Pack #13.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
So are we stuck using the credit on the same platform or can we use it for a different version? I'd love to use it for the PC version, for example.

I've emailed support several times, but got nothing back. Frustrating because I want to play Pin-Bot and can't....

N

netizen

reply as follows

If you plan to request credit towards season 3 please contact us as-well at the time of release.

For all other credits read below:

Credits that are available to you, or as gifts to friends:
*Tables/table packs
*Pro menu unlocks
*Custom ball sets

Members online

Members online