Do the tables tilt easier after the last update?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Is it just me, or maybe the new nudge schemes, but it seems like the tables tilt waaay easier nowadays? It seems like if the table has received a tilt warning, a singe nudge will tilt it. I'm thinking that it could be that the new nudge schemes have a hard nudge / soft nudge, or something like that?

...playing on iPad.

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
Left and Right nudges are the same as before. Up seems the same as L/R, maybe a touch easier (aka harder to tilt). However, Up-Right and Up-Left nudges are the strength of doing an Up AND a Side nudge. Since it's 2 nudges in 1, you need to be more careful in their usage. 1 results in a Warning, when you're close to warning it could probably tilt it easily.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The diagonal nudges are implemented as a side nudge and a forward nudge executed simultaneously. This results in their strength being 1.73 times that of a side or forward nudge done alone. Since the single-direction nudges are already pretty violent, the diagonal nudges almost always result in a warning or tilt unless you wait long enough between nudges for the virtual tilt bob to completely settle. (If the table has just given a warning, the tilt bob takes about 20 seconds to return to the rest state.)

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
I've normalized the diagonal touch nudges so that they have the same magnitude as left, right, and up nudges. We'll have to see in testing whether or not the 1:1 ratio of horizontal and vertical input is still satisfactory.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Please add an option in the table menu to only use half the strength. Or better more strength adjustments :)

I was playing Central Park, using the upward nudge a lot, and it sends up the ball half up the table, when deflecting from the center post. I couldn't imagine how hard I've to hit a machine in real life to make the ball go so far up...

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I've normalized the diagonal touch nudges so that they have the same magnitude as left, right, and up nudges. We'll have to see in testing whether or not the 1:1 ratio of horizontal and vertical input is still satisfactory.
Great to hear you guys are on top of things. Especially this FarSight bloke who has only been on the forums for two months but has 166 posts to his name ;)

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I am still having issues with the left angle nudge. It will tilt any table on the first touch. The others I can hit without problem, but no matter when I touch that left angle, it tilts the table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.