Please, help! PRO table Versions....

RJB

May 1, 2013
Just a quick question, can any of you help me decide on whether any of the PRO table versions are worth getting, and if so which ones (& why?)

I've heard the Scared Stiff PRO table is a good place to start, any others worth getting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You!:)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
The pro versions give you access to the operator's menu which allows you to go through a tables diagnostics and adjust settings. It's kinda neat and, if you've never owned a pin before, it can give you an idea about how to run a table through its tests. Ultimately, the test modes are meaningless for the gamer.

The adjustments can be useful though. You can change how many extra balls (if any) you can get, how many balls per game if you're just not getting to that wizard mode with three, how many tilt warnings, etc. Scared Stiff also contains a "family mode" which is defaulted to "on." It limits some of the dialog which is said in the game. It's nothing too racy or obscene, especially compared to The Sopranos or Metallica. Scared Stiff is probably the only table that I use the operator mode pretty much all the time because it actually seems weird without all the voice calls.

If you use the operator's mode, the game doesn't count high scores for leaderboards, trophies and you can't unlock goals. Personally, I could care less about those things. I want to play a digital version of real pinball table with the language the way the creators intended.

The pro version has a few other features like being able to move the ball throughout the tables which doesn't work that well, a zoomable table view which is pretty cool and pro tips. I have the pro versions of a few of the tables but the only one I use a lot is Scared Stiff's because of the "family mode."

Note that if I'm goind to buy the pro version I do it when I buy the pack to begin with. It's a little cheaper that way.

RJB

May 1, 2013
Thanks! for all that feedback mate, very much appreciated, I may just pick up the PRO version of Scared Stiff then.

How about the PRO version of Medieval Madness, does that have a family mode? I assume not? I've heard that this table also has a lot of speech missing/cut.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I have not purchased the pro version of MM. There is a family mode on that table but I don't know how FarSight set it. There's not much on that table that would be censored and the f-bomb was always bleeped out.

RJB

May 1, 2013
I'll give MM a miss then, I downloaded the PRO upgrade for Scared Stiff earlier today and am happy with that, so I probably won't bother with any other PRO tables unless some are released (like Scared Stiff) that have major differences.

Thanks! again for your help.

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
I was kind of dissapointed with the PRO upgrade for Scared Stiff. You have to keep turning it on all the time and you can't unlock the table goals :(

RJB

May 1, 2013
I was kind of dissapointed with the PRO upgrade for Scared Stiff. You have to keep turning it on all the time and you can't unlock the table goals :(

Luckily for me I've already completed all standard/wizard goals for Scared Stiff so this is not a major problem for me, but I totally understand what your saying here.

In all honesty I think all the speech on Scared Stiff should have been included in the first place without having to buy the PRO upgrade, you should at least have the option if you want all the extra speech without having to pay extra to get it, and I agree it is a shame that it blocks both table goals and scores for the online leader boards.

Be nice if Farsight fixed this, especially as it's one of the more popular tables in the whole game.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The F-bomb om MM is permanently bleeped out. On the real machine, I believe it's actually mixed in - so if you use the "profanity ROM" it's actually there because the bleep isn't played.

But since TPA doesn't emulate DCS, they use real samples and they mixed in the bleep so it's permanently on.

Basically, if you can't spend the $15k or so to acquire these tables for real, Pro mode is the closest you get to owning 'em.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
On the real machine, I believe it's actually mixed in - so if you use the "profanity ROM" it's actually there because the bleep isn't played.
Yep, you are correct. I played the table on PinMame back in the past, there is a profanity toggle in the operator's menu (requires "profanity ROM").

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
So you guys are saying Scared Stiff Pro is actually worth it with the censored dialogue? How much new dialogue are we talking about here and why is it 'better'? It's $3.99, right? I don't have enough for it right now.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
So you guys are saying Scared Stiff Pro is actually worth it with the censored dialogue? How much new dialogue are we talking about here and why is it 'better'? It's $3.99, right? I don't have enough for it right now.
Start of Coffin multiball: "Hey, what are you, dead or something? Watch this. <Censored>I'll get him up!</Censored>"

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

If you even have to think about where you would come up with $4 then its NOT worth it. It is more of a luxury buy for the person that doesn't blink buying a Starbucks everyday. If its yaha money then you will have fun with the mode for a while. If its a serious expense then its not worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.