Beta 15c

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

I still can't shake nudge up on a note 2.

Yeah doesn't look like front nudge is usable the way its coded right now, wayyyy to easy to tilt when you are holding it up. May take a look at that later (i'd have to write something to smooth out values, the issue is that gravity makes the nudge way too unpredictable unless you are holding it flat.)

Ryan said it's not possible with the coding right now.

It was broken in the previous version, as the inverse was stuck in one direction etc

N

netizen

the shake nudge setting is now staying persistent between sessions. That's fixed. no more having to change it every time you open the app.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
All issues discussed seem to be fixed and confirmed working on both N7 and S4.

Thanks again Ryan - hope you enjoy your weekend.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
great work Ryan - looks really good. Need to train myself to use the up nudge but nice to have it available - looking forward to when we get controller support (that will really help with my play).

menu arrows are 100% better now.

only thing I noticed on the negative side is on Whirlwind the tilt seems more sensitive now - perhaps its just me?

thanks

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
When you do get time to get controller support in, will it work with the Moga Pro...able to map all buttons, or just concentrating on sixaxis?

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
When you do get time to get controller support in, will it work with the Moga Pro...able to map all buttons, or just concentrating on sixaxis?

Yes, Ryan said the moga pro remote will map for controller support in the "b" setting

Here is the link to the post in the thread....http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ler-keyboard-etc-Support/page2?highlight=moga

It would be great if it worked liked it did when I tried the moga pro on Zen pinball. I just opened the app up and everything was mapped for me on the "b" setting. It worked great on the one game I played, but I am not a Zen fan even though I could have controller support, so I've only tried one game.

Last edited:
N

netizen

nitpicking post:

The controls menu has a logo on it that is so large you cannot read the first line or 2, and this is on a Nexus 10 in Landscape perspective. A smaller device would cut off even more so. Looking further into this it seems that whatever table you have selected in the carousel will determine which logo appears on the controls menu.
FYI this is the control. From the first menu>options>controls.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Good catch, fixed the stuck flipper, can't seem to repro the second thing with airplane mode though

Menu works great.

Still a problem with the L Flipper sticking up when doing a super skill shot on AFM or MM.
To replicate hold the L Flipper while launching the ball and the flipper will be stuck in a raised position after the ball is launched. I tried on STTNG, because you have flipper control prior to launch, but you cant hold a flipper button and launch at the same time on that table.

Running into the oddity, again, where if the network connection drops after the game has started and hasn't regained by the time the high score sequence would begin then TPA crashes. There's no crash report, no freezing. It just closes and I am back to the home screen or the previously open app.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yup, should be up later today once we get the rest of the emails setup (some people had a different email for farsight login than they did kickstarter)

N

netizen

Good catch, fixed the stuck flipper, can't seem to repro the second thing with airplane mode though

It's not an Airplane Mode issue.
it happens when I start with a network connection open. When the crash happens I notice that my WiFi had dropped and is showing no connection. The crash always, the 3 times it happened, occured right when TPA would go to the High Score screen at the end of a game. I know that is when TPA does the network check based on your previous comments.

So as a flow of procedure it's Network open> Open TPA> Start Game> During Game Play drop network connection> finish game> TPA checks for network connect> TPA Crashes to home screen> WiFi Connection shows not connected

IDK if that makes what happened any clearer :-/

I think the only way to really reproduce the situation in an on purpose fashion is to have the WiFi Access Point turn off after you start a game, but before it is finished, in order to simulate the same circumstances.
But, geez, that's a lot of inconvenience in many ways.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah email just arrived stating 100 dollar tier.

Ryan when are we getting an update all button under manage tables? ios users have had it ages now.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Anyone else getting a crash every time tpa tries to connect to the web on the new build? It crashed when it posted a score and wouldn't start till I rebooted my phone and tablet. Then it crashed when I tried to login with my farsight account, so I uninstalled then reinstalled and got the same crash happening over and over again on both my nexus 7 and nexus 4. Can't play the game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts