Beta 15c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Our datacenter in Chicago just blew up, we are trying to figure out what is going on.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
it returns a connected but the server is returning nothing, I think that is the reason its going wacky.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Crashing on launch for me as well on my evo 4g lte. have not dloaded to my tab yet. It worked at first after update. I was able to play a game with the new nudge schemes on wh2o...but now i cant launch.

Edit: nm was typing while Ryan was posting...figures its somethin here in Chicago lol..

N

netizen

When the app first went live things were ok, stable even. Now when the App will start I can't access the tournament anymore, and at the end of a game it's crashtastic.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
How is that stopping the app from opening up? I tap it and its instantly dumping me to launcher on my N10.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Put your phone in airplane mode, then launch the app. It'll launch that way.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
The app launches it just can't login without crashing. Which kinda defeats the purpose of this build since you can't play in the tournament without logging in first.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
its bizarre, the ping reports back fine but falls apart after that. they are reporting outages. *shrugs*

@Carl - It uses our db to check entitlements on load.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Is it a server side problem?

Edit:

Sorry didn't see that you already said your servers were jacked before a posted my issue.

N

netizen

It's not an Airplane Mode issue.
it happens when I start with a network connection open. When the crash happens I notice that my WiFi had dropped and is showing no connection. The crash always, the 3 times it happened, occured right when TPA would go to the High Score screen at the end of a game. I know that is when TPA does the network check based on your previous comments.

Put your phone in airplane mode, then launch the app. It'll launch that way.

It seems to be another version or variation of this bug I reported, where TPA crashes when it expects to receive a network handshake, but no signal is received.

As noted when started in Airplane mode, or all network connections disabled, this doesn't happen, but when networks are open this process begins, or is set up to happen.
Previously we had the hang, now we get the hang-up. It's a rather violent solution, but I don't think this is an intended one.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
its bizarre, the ping reports back fine but falls apart after that. they are reporting outages. *shrugs*

@Carl - It uses our db to check entitlements on load.
Ah I see! Think I'll sleep, no point playing if my scores won't post to leaderboard :p

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
we have never tested the situation where the rackspace server is inaccessible (has never happened til now ><..><) but the user is connected properly. The code was written to fail gracefully....but not so much in this case. I will keep looking into this.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah sorry about this guys, hopefully they will be back to normal soon, this is a mess =(

N

netizen

we have never tested the situation where the rackspace server is inaccessible (has never happened til now ><..><) but the user is connected properly. The code was written to fail gracefully....but not so much in this case. I will keep looking into this.

With all good intentions ...

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
So many people trying to score in the top 20% in the tourny to get the prize, laid waste to the servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts