Bug iOS Version 1.2.11 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for iOS version 1.2.10 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 4, iOS v6.1.3

Bug Description:
I'm now seeing some very slight stuttering with the new update along with WW. This is running a newly purchased iPad 4 (I still have the iPad 3 but traded in the iPad 2 for the iPad 4).

Steps To Reproduce:
Launch v1.2.11 along with updated WW table

Frequency:
Always

Additional Comments:
I don't recall any stuttering at all with the last version 1.2.10 and seems as though this started immediately after installing 1.2.11 along with the new updated table. Maybe it's the new lit indicator in the HUD causing this? Regardless, I'm in the process of a complete delete/reinstall of TPA to see if this changes. I also have 1.2.10 with the previous WW table version so I may eventually go back that far to verify what I'm seeing. I cannot check the iPad 3 until the weekend.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
What camera settings are you running, MadScience?

Whirlwind is butter-smooth (with brutally fast ball speed) for me with today's TPA, even with simultaneous spinning discs and multiball. I'm running Event & Multiball Cameras off, Camera 2, Cam Type Locked, HUD on.

iPad4, iOS 6.1.3

Last edited:

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 4, iOS v6.1.3

Bug Description:
I'm now seeing some very slight stuttering with the new update along with WW. This is running a newly purchased iPad 4 (I still have the iPad 3 but traded in the iPad 2 for the iPad 4).

Steps To Reproduce:
Launch v1.2.11 along with updated WW table

Frequency:
Always

Additional Comments:
I don't recall any stuttering at all with the last version 1.2.10 and seems as though this started immediately after installing 1.2.11 along with the new updated table. Maybe it's the new lit indicator in the HUD causing this? Regardless, I'm in the process of a complete delete/reinstall of TPA to see if this changes. I also have 1.2.10 with the previous WW table version so I may eventually go back that far to verify what I'm seeing. I cannot check the iPad 3 until the weekend.

Just came on to report this visual stuttering as well. seemed to worsen as the game went on, settings were not changed over the previous versions. The game was already hard on the eyes, and while not unplayable, at times it didn't help with vision.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Follow up...

*Note that the stuttering I'm seeing is when the table pans very fast, mostly at ball launch.

I reinstalled the previous v1.2.10 TPA along with the v2.0 WW table and the stuttering is pretty much gone...maybe because the Super Cellar Door Value (SCDV) indicator is not present in this setup. I have a feeling the stuttering I'm seeing may be related to the additional SCDV indicator on the HUD. I've disabled the HUD under the v1.2.11 app/v3.0 table setup but the stuttering remains. Disabling the HUD does NOT disable the SCDV indicator.

@ DeeEff:
I'm running:
Event & Multiball cameras: on
Camera 1 unlocked

I'll try your settings DeeEff and see what happens, but I expect to see no stutter since the stutter happens when the table pans very quickly to follow the ball.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I'm on ipad3 with the same settings and there is zero stutter. Perhaps you have some background push notifications or other app interfering.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Also running an iPad 3, camera one, locked and no issues with Whirlwind here. Generally speaking I tend to assume that if there's slowdown in any application it's because of something else doing network access in the background.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Device/OS: ipad2

Bug Description: TPA will not tolerate TZ being in the middle position (ready to start) let alone starting the table. If you position the table below (WW) or the one above () that's fine, but as soon as TZ is cued it, TPA closes itself.

Steps To Reproduce: open app and select TZ, or try to. Just move TZ to the middle.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: I also have an iPhone4S and the bug isn't there on that. This bug was first noticed when the latest pack was installed.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Just to note that I have absolutely nothing running in the background. I always close all apps that have been running before starting up another...it's pretty much a habit. And yes, I've also rebooted and power-cycled the iPad as well. When I revert back to the TPA v1.2.10/v2.0 WW table, all is well. The problem only occurs running TPA v1.2.11/v3.0 WW table.

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
Just to note that I have absolutely nothing running in the background. I always close all apps that have been running before starting up another...it's pretty much a habit. And yes, I've also rebooted and power-cycled the iPad as well. When I revert back to the TPA v1.2.10/v2.0 WW table, all is well. The problem only occurs running TPA v1.2.11/v3.0 WW table.

Likewise. Trying again now, hoping for better results.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Y'know what? I see the stuttering. It's definitely there. It was not during the beta. It also wasn't as fast during the beta.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Is "Post Processing" off? Make sure it is.
Yes indeed. For those NOT seeing the stuttering running the same hardware, I'm assuming you have your camera locked. When I set my camera to locked, the table runs flawlessly. Maybe those that have the locked camera can temporarily turn scrolling on (yes, you probably hate the scrolling camera ;) ) and see what your results are. I play WW with Camera 1, Scrolling. This stuttering only affects WW as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Maybe those that have the locked camera can temporarily turn scrolling on (yes, you probably hate the scrolling camera ;) ) and see what your results are. I play WW with Camera 1, Scrolling. This stuttering only affects WW as far as I can tell.
Yep, running with your cam settings creates stutter (on Whirlwind). :(
...and, yep, I hate the scrolling camera. :p

Additional info which may be of help to Stuart and Co.,
I have a feeling the stuttering I'm seeing may be related to the additional SCDV indicator on the HUD. I've disabled the HUD under the v1.2.11 app/v3.0 table setup but the stuttering remains. Disabling the HUD does NOT disable the SCDV indicator.
When you've scored all of the SCDVs but haven't gotten the Mega Door Bonus yet, the SCDV HUD disappears. During this time, the stutter is still there. Changing the game's HUD setting makes no difference to the stutter. I can't really discern if the stutter is lessened during this "no SCDV HUD" time.

JADP

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Well I just played a really good game of WW that was very smooth. Even got the Megadoor Bonus. First time ever. I then changed to portrait mode and there it was. The slight, yet there, stutter.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I just now had the chance to check my iPhone 5 with TPA v1.2.11/WW table v3.0 and had zero stutter, portrait or landscape made no difference. The difference between the two in this test (iPhone 5/iPad 4) is the iOS version which is 6.1.0 on the iPhone 5 & 6.1.3 on the iPad 4. Since I just got this iPad 4 on Friday, it came pre-installed with iOS 6.1.3 which I also updated the iPad 3 to on Friday. I cannot test the iPad 3 until Friday...

So to summarize:

iPad 4 (iOS v6.1.3) TPA v1.2.10/WW table v2.0 - NO stutter
iPad 4 (iOS v6.1.3) TPA v1.2.11/WW table v3.0 - visible stutter

iPhone 5 (iOS v6.1.0) TPA v1.2.10/WW table v2.0 - NO stutter
iPhone 5 (iOS v6.1.0) TPA v1.2.11/WW table v2.0 - NO stutter

iPad 3 (iOS v6.1.3) TPA v1.2.10/WW table v2.0 - to be determined
iPad 3 (iOS v6.1.3) TPA v1.2.11/WW table v3.0 - to be determined

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
...er, too late to edit above post...

...yet more...
iPhone 4 (iOS v6.1.3) TPA v1.2.10/WW table v2.0 - technically playable but realistically unplayable due to severe ball-skipping everywhere, even with locked camera.
iPhone 4 (iOS v6.1.3) TPA v1.2.11/WW table v3.0 - worse than above. Ball speed is much faster, but the stutter is now a skip - looks like the ball is teleporting in and out of its path. This is with locked camera, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts