And then there were 3! (...4...5...6...7!)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I think we have the technology to do that.

Congratulations on the new additions! Looks like you and karl are going to leave me in the dust collection-wise.

Just a heads up Sean, you will have to change the title again very soon :eek:

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Intervention time. I say we have it at your place and just play all those machines. You know, because we care about you and stuff.

karl

May 10, 2012
TSPP? WoW! That pin goes for the same as a new Stern in my neck of the woods. Great purchase. I had the option to go for a TSPP recently but I went for a Black Spiderman from the same seller instead because it was almost 2000$ cheaper. Once again I envy you. Congrats

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
I'm strictly in the research stage atm. I don't want to build my own. Ideally I'd like to buy a multi game jamma system but some opinions I've been offered all favour mame. I've dabled with mame on the pc and ipad and always had a bad experience. I've been told the 60 game jamma systems are ok but the 350 game systems I've been looking at are cheap chinese boards, low quality and buggy.

When I built my own, I just grabbed an old TMNT (or Simpsons if you prefer), 4 player cabinet. Had players 1+2 with 6 buttons, 3+4 with 4 buttons. Just used an old PC. Grabbed a CRT TV to plug into it (though ensure you get someone to take off the static on the back of the tube who knows what they are doing). Probably the hardest thing these days is finding a video card with Video-S out. Looks just like an arcade machine due to the cabinet and CRT TV combo. I used a ipac to wire up the joysticks.

Never had any issues with it before it had to go (missus). If you go down this route, just ensure you get a very basic front end where you can stipulate the games that appear. I ended up with menus for 4 players games, 2 player co-op, 2 player vs, high score challenge (version of the game set to the hardest difficulty) etc.

Like this you can also set it up as a jukebox as well for parties.

If you have any questions about MAME, just PM me as I have been mucking aroudn with that forever.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks Dumpstar, I never got around to picking one up, realised I could fit another pin in the room instead so have a simpsons pinball party on the way.

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013
Thanks Dumpstar, I never got around to picking one up, realised I could fit another pin in the room instead so have a simpsons pinball party on the way.

Cool! I could get a shopped one (not sure how much, though).

It's only money, right?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
It's only money, right?

Yeah the point is if you need the money back you should be able to get back at least most of it, thats how I've been justifying the rediculous amount of money I've spend on pins in the last year. Of course you have to be able to get your hands on the money in the first place.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
You'd always get the money back. - at least, that's what I tell myself :) - I don't think we've reached the highest prices yet.

Funny thing is, that the number of restorations and the restored machines extremely grew over the last year. It's hard to find a machine for a reasonable price, you can restore yourself...

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I like working on them as much as playing them maybe even more, that feeling of accomplishment of fixing one is as good as setting a highscore to me.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
TSPP is still on the way ( long story! ) should finally be here next Wednesday, and it'll have company :D

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
dear god, kevlar we need to give yiu and intervention cuz we care,

ill take two machines until your better

whats the new newer mutcheen?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
It's ok, I'm still maxed out at 6, I've traded the i500 plus cash for a Spider-Man. So the new lineup will be Getaway, shadow, RFM, TSPP, Spideman and RBION.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Lol, no I came out better than her surprisingly, call it guilt. Money's not everything though.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Games room is complete:

ba602ca0b37f43bc76fb28a93f0f56f3_zps9b31fd97.jpg

c27cf6dfff9428397b2d59ac5ba1bdf6_zps2bcbc342_1.jpg

83b9f2e3ee5efdf6bbd11f565aeb119a_zps766750d9_1.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts