And then there were 3! (...4...5...6...7!)

karl

May 10, 2012
impressive. Concrats.

Spiderman too? Great machine! Love the rules and the flow on that thing.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
83b9f2e3ee5efdf6bbd11f565aeb119a_zps766750d9.jpg

I like that cause that's my name. Don't remember going over to your house and setting a high score though.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
2 more moved into my conservatory when I had my back turned! :rolleyes:. They belong to a friend, I've shopped them both out for him. As you can see I've popped just a handful of LEDs into the F-14 to show the owner how much difference it would make. He does want to sell the F-14 so it may end up staying :D. The Atlantis is really good fun but he won't part with it. It does look like the title of this thread will need changing again soon though :D

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Oh god, I want that F-14. Are you having any issues with strobing LEDs? My HS does it quite badly on both GI and inserts, even with the LEDs that have rectifiers in them (the "non-ghosting" ones). It sucks :(

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I haven't done anything with the GI yet. To be honest I don't know how anyone played this machine in the dark with the GI as it is. I love playing in the dark but this machine is just too dark, especially at the start of multiball, it's very difficult to see the first ball that gets ejected. If I buy it off my friend the first thing I'll do is fit a brightcap to shed a bit of light on the upper playfield area. I haven't noticed any ghosting or strobing on the few inserts I've installed LEDs in although they are of the non ghosting variety. A question for you Shane, can you install a modified non ghosting ing rom to system 11 boards? I've done that to defeat the ghosting on my Getaway and Shadow but not sure if the same can be done to system 11 machines.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Maybe the previous owner played it in a brightly lit area, and the general illumination was disabled to avoid wasting energy.

Nah its definitely on. The problem with the GI on F14 is most of it is actually below the surface level of the playfield between the many standup targets ( 21 I believe! )

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I haven't done anything with the GI yet. To be honest I don't know how anyone played this machine in the dark with the GI as it is. I love playing in the dark but this machine is just too dark, especially at the start of multiball, it's very difficult to see the first ball that gets ejected. If I buy it off my friend the first thing I'll do is fit a brightcap to shed a bit of light on the upper playfield area. I haven't noticed any ghosting or strobing on the few inserts I've installed LEDs in although they are of the non ghosting variety. A question for you Shane, can you install a modified non ghosting ing rom to system 11 boards? I've done that to defeat the ghosting on my Getaway and Shadow but not sure if the same can be done to system 11 machines.
Re non-ghosting: 99% sure there's nothing to fix it on System 11 machines other than using either a non-ghosting LED (they have a bridge rectifier built into them or something) or LED-OCD. I think the best bet for Sys 11 boxes in general is to put cheapo LEDs in all inserts, see which ones ghost and replace them with non-ghosting.

My problem is that I'm pretty sensitive to strobing as well, so I'm going to be testing some LEDs from Comet to see if they help. I know of another fix that involves soldering capacitors across two of the insert terminals, but doing that across SEVENTY inserts is hell. Strobing with GI is another problem again, but I suspect that's easier to fix.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Time to change the title again.. :) ( now 7, F14 and Atlantis returned to owner )

20140725_081220_zpsh0utaald.jpg

20140725_081230_zps5vxzeyok.jpg

20140725_081313_zps1rurtsmf.jpg

Cabinet and backglass are in very nice condition, playfield however is very dirty and mylar bubbled on almost all inserts as you can see. I will bite the bullet and have a go at removing the mylar in a few weeks time, for now its getting a good clean and re rubber.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I think now is as good a time as any to let you know that I'm going to be living at your place for a while.

See you soon! 😛

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts