And then there were 3! (...4...5...6...7!)

karl

May 10, 2012
Hmm! I seeee in your Fuuuture... Elektra proclaimed.

If I am correct, looks like we are both fishing for the the old ones. I am hoping to get my hands on a Fathom, myself, to fit next to my Centaur and Paragon. Probably my dream lineup :)

Waiting in anticipation to see if I am correct. Medusa and Elektra would be a killer combo

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Nah...the Elektra owner decided he didn't want to sell....but I did manage to buy his Centaur :>). One other incoming too :>)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Centaur finally arrived yesterday, very happy with its condition, better than I was expecting. Looks very nice next to Medusa. That's me back up to 9, just waiting on BDK which is likely to be a few more weeks then there will be no more room at the Inn, well unless the Inn expands into the dining room :rolleyes:
20150228_110837_zpsvlhsvzfi_1.jpg

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Happy to hear that you have become the owner of yet another fine machine. My Centaur has been in restoration for 6 months. I miss it dearly but a new playfield, new plastics, led lights and new stencils will probably make up for the wait.

Good to hear that your machine is in nice condition. It can be rather expensive to do a full restoration :(

PS! I almost got hold of a Medusa a while back but it slipped right out of my slippery hands in the last second. Watching your pictures and video really made me want one and I expect more from you on the multimedia front in the future ;)

PS! BDK is a fine machine but I feel they did a sloppy job with the code/rules on that one (not often I say that about Lyman F. Sheats Jr) It could have been on my top 5 Stern list with a better rules set but it is still a fine machine as it is

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not sure BDK will be a keeper but I've enjoyed playing it whenever I have. Still the price isnt bad so even if i dont keep it long it shouldn't cost me much.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I'm not sure BDK will be a keeper but I've enjoyed playing it whenever I have. Still the price isnt bad so even if i dont keep it long it shouldn't cost me much.

Dibs! Remember me when you sell up, Kev, I quite fancy one of those. pm me me here or on the forum or FB so I can quiz you about it
3a938b06fbf49e7bee2678d1b2de0db1.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'll be curious to see your opinion of Avatar after you own it for some time. That pin has never clicked with me. I haven't played it very much though. Not sure if I'm giving it a fair shake.
Centaur is such a nice looking pin. Always gets a wow from me.

Thanks for sharing the pics Kevlar.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I am enjoying it so far but its kicking my ass, seems to be every bit a drain monster as TWD is, ball from pops....SDTM, failed ramp shot...SDTM, shoot the amp suit...SDTM. Add to that very punishing outlanes, I need to improve fast!.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I've played two different Avatars (both the pro version) and they were drainy just as you described. It has some very dangerous shots for sure, especially the suit shot on the ones I've played. At least you won't get bored playing marathon games. ;)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
2 changes this week, traded Ripleys for a TOM. New ramps, plastics, Rottendog driver board and LED's fitted by previous owner but LED's ghost horribly, patched ROM on the way.

20150415_190005_zpsh2zr7sq6.jpg

And a temp swap Getaway for this.......think I did alright there :D

20150415_190014_zps2vjqvcqz.jpg

Also the Avatar has been LED'd and moved from pinservatory to main pin room
20150415_190021_zpst22yqqvh_1.jpg

Oh and Centaur has had a new Squawk & Talk board fitted after original failed.

BK2K sold.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I was thinking I could never get rid of my HUO RBION, but if that's the sort of swap one can get for it... hmmm.

How long did you have Ripley's for? Do you miss it at all?

According to my history on here I've had the Ripleys since sept '13. No I don't miss it yet, to be honest more recently its been my least played machine so when the opportunity came up I jumped at it. In the UK at least TOM is worth more than Ripleys, I paid more for mine than any other I've seen for sale since but it was in very good condition. The TOM is in very good condition too, cabinet and playfield 9/10. The previous owner decided after spending lots of money on it that he didn't like it! I think it just needed dialling in, I've made loads of adjustments. For instance the ball was airballing left right and centre where standup targets were too vertical and the trapdoor flap decal was coming adrift and that was causing airballs too. Plus the plunger spring was way too powerful coupled with the launcher ramp not being correctly aligned causing the ball to end up on the playfield sometimes lol. It's playing a lot better now.

karl

May 10, 2012
Well... Ripleys is probably one of the most underrated Sterns and TOM... probably one of the most overrated Bally/will from 90'. (in my own humble opinion, that is)

It is a great machine, it just lacks some staying power for me personally.

With that said, TOM in great shape usually goes for ca. 1000k more than Ripleys and change can be good so not a bad swap, kevlar. Both are great games and it all comes down to personal taste. of course :)

Hope you have lots of fun with your TOM. Congrats!

PS! Who am I do judge, anyway? My collection is like a sweater full of holes on a windy day :)

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Kevlar, I dont mean to be rude, but you're almost as crazy as I am... :) Wow, what a collection you built in 2(?) years... Congrats!

Back to work on my 16 machines... Just got a pack worth €500 in spare parts... Lol!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.