Bug Attack from Mars still has a ball draining physics glitch (right orbit)

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
Surprised no thread has been created here for this. The iOS version is fixed, but not the PS3 version which is not even acknowledged as a PS3 problem on the official bug list.

I haven't been able to play Attack from Mars, one of my favorite TPA tables, because of the annoying physics glitch coming out of the right orbit.

About one every ten times or so, the ball hits an invisible speed bump that redirects its path so it goes straight down the middle to be drained unless you can nudge in time.

It takes away all the fun of the table, so I haven't played it in months. Since the phone version was patched for this problem eons ago, why haven't we seen a fix on the console side?

And please, can FS make sure it isn't a glitch day one for the PS4 version?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Surprised no thread has been created here for this. The iOS version is fixed, but not the PS3 version which is not even acknowledged as a PS3 problem on the official bug list.

I haven't been able to play Attack from Mars, one of my favorite TPA tables, because of the annoying physics glitch coming out of the right orbit.

About one every ten times or so, the ball hits an invisible speed bump that redirects its path so it goes straight down the middle to be drained unless you can nudge in time.

It takes away all the fun of the table, so I haven't played it in months. Since the phone version was patched for this problem eons ago, why haven't we seen a fix on the console side?

And please, can FS make sure it isn't a glitch day one for the PS4 version?

Since Sony won't let DLC be updated, I think we tend to not report every problem. Any problem that has been fixed on other platforms shouldn't be an issue on the PS4.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I thought it was only for the graphic part, not for the code (physics flaws have been patched on some DLC, no?)

I don't think any of the DLC be updated. In the case of physics, I believe that's an update to the title game, not to the DLC.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
Props to Sean DonCarlos for adding this unresolved issue to the Master Bug List. I hope it isn't a problem on the PS4 version when it launches. I refuse to play the table while this glitch exists.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hello forum members,

This issue has been addressed in another forum. The problem discovered was that the ball was hitting the right side post as it exited the loop on the right side which causes the ball to deflect between the flippers and drain. I have pushed for this to be fixed and it should be in the upcoming patch for the appropriate platforms.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
I have since moved on to the excellent PS4 port (no right orbit issues there!). Thanks for committing to address it for those still playing it on the PS3 however. :)

Now about giving us the ability to filter the leaderboard scores by platform...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.