Bug Android Version 1.17.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Can we have a new beta please? There's no excuse why the launch button has been broken as long as it has.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Sure thing, i'll try to have that to you guys today. Been dealing with other backburner issues, sorry for the delay.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Device: galaxy s3

-Mip mapping makes T2 look crisp and clear with no framedropping. Works great! But when you have "Mip Mapping: On" in options the textures are blurry, and when you have "Mip Mapping: Off", the textures are clear. So you have to set Mip Mapping in the "off" option for it to work as it is now.

-New camera is great! In landscape you can see the middle drain post in all views now! Yes!

-Special in-game button works great too! Cradled two balls on left flipper, shot third ball into the skull from right flipper and fired cannon to collect the super jackpot meanwhile having the other two balls still cradled on the left flipper. Then I could continue playing with all three balls afterwards, no problem!

-The plunger button doesn't affect nudging even though it's on top of nudging area, as long as you touch inside the plunger button area. Works for me.

-Didn't have any myscore issues previously and still don't.

---- > Now if you could please just fix that hole in the back of the "chrome" skull that would be awesome!!!

Last edited:
N

netizen

-F2K pro menu font.

Device/OS: Nexus 10 / 4.3

Bug Description: F2k Operators Menu Dips setting for Multiplier held is reversed, still. When set for leave, it resets. When set for reset it carries over, or leaves, multiplier value.

Steps To Reproduce: set the multiplier value in the dips menu. Play a ball and watch the multiplier act opposite the setting selected.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: The new font looks great

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Thanks for the camera fix Ryan, T2 now fits my screen in portrait view perfect. also I found the "auto fire" light clearer even with mip mapping on, possibly because the camera is now a little further away,

N

netizen

Device/OS: Galaxy Tab 2 7" + HTC Panache/ 4.2.1 + 2.3.3

Bug Description: In the option menus the logos are not positioned properly on anything but a 10" screen. The 7" device has a resolution of 600 x 1024 pixels, and the 4" device has a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels which was, afaik, the bare minimum for things to display properly.

Steps To Reproduce: Open the in game option menu. The smaller the screen resolution, the more the table logo obscures the game options.

Additional Comments: this is for 1.17.0, not the re-build.
With Android beginning to have such a diverse gap between HD devices and regular/medium sized display resolution devices might it be time to consider an HD version of TPA that has differently scaled menus with the mipmapping options etc that have been developed recently. Whereas the lower resolution version wouldn't need the mipmapping options or the higher texture switch etc, as well as needing a menu that scaled for a slightly smaller screen. IDK if this would be economically feasible.

Pictographic evidence: inverted w/ shaky filter :p

VenomPlug

Oct 30, 2012
T2 looks great, i like this build a lot. I noticed T2 is the only table with mipmapping support/crisp textures. Would be awesome to see improvements like that on other tables as well (Cactus Canyon :( ). Good build nonetheless, will test a little more and find some bugs ;)

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I didn.'t found any problem in the meantime with the Mipsmapping and texture equal high on diff. tables, which I've try in the meantime
Great work! Does the change will be incl. in the next release?
PLEASE

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 4

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I really like that you see all three upper rollovers in view 1 in portrait mode now. Didn't notice this until now as I've been playing landscape since latest version but I think I might go back to portrait now.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Device/OS: Galaxy Tab 2 7" + HTC Panache/ 4.2.1 + 2.3.3

Bug Description: In the option menus the logos are not positioned properly on anything but a 10" screen. The 7" device has a resolution of 600 x 1024 pixels, and the 4" device has a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels which was, afaik, the bare minimum for things to display properly.

Steps To Reproduce: Open the in game option menu. The smaller the screen resolution, the more the table logo obscures the game options.

Additional Comments: this is for 1.17.0, not the re-build.
With Android beginning to have such a diverse gap between HD devices and regular/medium sized display resolution devices might it be time to consider an HD version of TPA that has differently scaled menus with the mipmapping options etc that have been developed recently. Whereas the lower resolution version wouldn't need the mipmapping options or the higher texture switch etc, as well as needing a menu that scaled for a slightly smaller screen. IDK if this would be economically feasible.

Pictographic evidence: inverted w/ shaky filter :p

I get what you're saying here netizen. I can actually see this as a way of supporting the powerful/budget game experience argument for Android as well.

Those on the budget build could play the game, but there could be a disclaimer about low-end devices not playing the game well.

Powerful devices would have the advanced graphics modes, and maybe an option for high-polygon count models.

I know you're aware that making HD versions and SD versions of Android apps is no longer good design practice for Android (the standard no is to control graphics assets by detecting screen size and then display the HD assets on demand).

I also think going down this path will possibly affect the size of the .apk, which from memory was a problem in the past (maybe this was because APKs over 50mb had to have the additional file download - can't quite cite the justification at the moment).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

4P47HY

Apr 20, 2013
T2 table visual bug

Screws graphics missing:

L3nJPZD.jpg

Kirill Kirilld

Sep 6, 2013
Device/OS: 9,7" GoClever TAB R974 / Android 4.1.1

Bug Description: The Martian Champion score isn't saved in AFM. Even when you keep playing without exiting the app.

Steps To Reproduce: Beat the Martian Champion score

Last edited:
N

netizen

Device/OS: 9,7" GoClever TAB R974 / Android 4.1.1

Bug Description: The Martian Champion score isn't saved in AFM. Even when you keep playing without exiting the app.

Steps To Reproduce: Beat the Martian Champion score

Unless you're playing with the operators menu turned on, this is normal behaviour.

Kirill Kirilld

Sep 6, 2013
Sorry, i don't understand. Should i play with operator's menu turned on to get saved the martian champion score? That sounds strange. And i think i don't have such option anyway.
BTW, the main score is saved all right.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Sorry, i don't understand. Should i play with operator's menu turned on to get saved the martian champion score? That sounds strange. And i think i don't have such option anyway.
BTW, the main score is saved all right.
Secondary score lists (Attack From Mars's "Martian Champion", Twilight Zone's "Lost in the Zone Champion", Medieval Madness's "Joust Champion"/"Damsel Champion"/"Catapult Champion", etc.) are lost whenever you exit the table and return to the table selection menu when you play the tables in normal mode. This happens because the table ROM is reset to a known state each time the table starts up in normal mode.

If you have the Pro version of the table, and you play with the operator's menu on, the ROM state is not reset when you exit the table. Among other things, this means that secondary score lists are preserved. There are, however, two catches. One, you have to turn the operator's menu back on each time you enter the table from the table selection menu, as the default mode is operator's menu off. Two, playing with the operator's menu on disables goals/achievements/leaderboards until you turn the operator's menu back off (because the operator's menu contains settings that could be used to make the game easier).

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
When pulling the plunger less than maximum in CC camera will change to playfield and then the game either accepts no input or makes a shot at full power. Attendant will come and help to restart the ball but sometimes the game freezes completely and needs to be killed. Only workaround is to always pull the plunger to the max. Thus a skill shot is impossible and the reward ist pure luck.

Device Galaxy Tab 3
Android 4.1.2
Frequency: 100% , crash 5%

Last edited:

Kirill Kirilld

Sep 6, 2013
Sorry for bothering. But there's a strange blurring in the upper half of the playfield that makes all the texts unreadable in that part. Also the straight lines transformed into sawteeth, most evident to the top.
http://i.imgur.com/AgKvcOY.jpg
When the camera flights off, it looks all right
http://i.imgur.com/fPwmTkO.png
Camera view 4, portrait mode. 9,7" 4:3 Android 4.1.1 Goclever TAB R974

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.