Bug Event Camera ON/OFF BROKEN

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
In the middle of playing The Champion Pub my Event Camera started working again even though I have it switched off in the settings, it now does all the unnecessary zooming in and out again. I tried reselecting it to OFF so it would save when exiting the menus but that didn't work. I also checked other tables and its doing the same thing. This happened after 2.16 update but not immediately, like I said mid game also when I tried Circus Voltaire when I launched the ball it switched to the lowest camera WIERD! but this is really annoying on TCP when doing the jump rope the camera keeps wanting to zoom out every time you jump WTF!?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It happened during a game of TCP but its like that now on all tables I just knew CV would show it quickly also tried TOTAN its BROKEN :(

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
If this thread wasnt created I would never knew that CP had event camera on training modes... :eek:

But, the camera worked fine on a couple of games on TZ GumBall, but I dont know if that animation its related to events or not. Havent tried other events like Circus or TOTAN either, will check tonight (if F2K let me of course).

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
It happened during a game of TCP but its like that now on all tables I just knew CV would show it quickly also tried TOTAN its BROKEN :(

I played a bunch of games on CV. No problem, except, as usual, the camera which "wants" to move to the plunger view, when a ball is automatically launched during a multiball.

It happens also on TOTAN right after the ball is launched in the Snake's hole. The camera moves a little (like when the camera event is on), but come back quickly to the normal view.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
nah this is the inability to select ON or OFF its just always on, should I try deleting save file?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
nah this is the inability to select ON or OFF its just always on, should I try deleting save file?

Oh, ok, I didn't understand. To check if there is a corruption problem, I would copy the save file on a USB stick (which contains local highscores, goals, and settings), delete it on the PS3, and then launch TPA.
Toggle the camera event setting to off. Play one game. If everything is right, replace the new save file by the one you copied on the USB stick (which normally have the camera event setting set to off). And see if the problem still happens.

Last edited:

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Yeah something is broken. Just had my BEST Dr Dude game ruined by it. In the tournament, no less.

Got the Reflex multiball, and both shots went into the mixer... the event camera went to the swirling mixer platform, and when the balls dropped down the ramp to the right flipper, it stayed in event camera mode, stuck on the mixer... I flailed around mashing flipper buttons for a couple minutes, but obviously the balls went down the drain quickly since I couldn't see any of the table. Totally trashed my game. And I HATE Dr Dude, I'm only playing it for the Tourney.

Good stuff!!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
this isnt a view glitch Im talking about the ON OFF ability the FS implemented a few updates ago no longer works, ON or OFF it acts like it used to before there was an option.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Right, which is why I almost always kept it OFF.

Right now, there's no way to turn it off and it's glitching like crazy.

More solid QC from our friends at FS.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
oh so your event camera is doing the same thing? just seeing if I was the only one. It was nice while it worked.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
this isnt a view glitch Im talking about the ON OFF ability the FS implemented a few updates ago no longer works, ON or OFF it acts like it used to before there was an option.

Since the 2.16 update, have you change the camera event to ON ? Maybe the bug happens because of that:

2.15 --> OFF
2.16 --> OFF to ON (to play on ST:TNG for example)
Now, the setting is stuck on ON even if you choose OFF again.

I was on OFF before the update, and stay on OFF after... I could try to test ON one time and then go back to OFF, but now, I'm scared to be stuck on ON like you, guys!

If somebody wants to test...

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
no I hadd it OFF and never switched it back it just quit working, I tried setting it ON then back to OFF nothing happened.

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Grrr..

When can we expect this event camera bug to be fixed? Having NO event camera in Champion Pub makes it almost impossible to complete the two events at the far end of the table...

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
When can we expect this event camera bug to be fixed? Having NO event camera in Champion Pub makes it almost impossible to complete the two events at the far end of the table...
How so? And can't you just go into the table options and set your event camera on for that table? SKILL_SHOT's problem is that he can't seem to turn his event camera OFF.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
SKILL_SHOT, did you ever try deleting your save file (I think maybe you can back it up first?) or uninstalling and reinstalling the game (which admittedly is a big pain considering you have to redownload all the table packs)?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
No I haven't yet I should to see if theres a work around but yeah deleting the game then reinstalling all the DLC will be a chore.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
No I haven't yet I should to see if theres a work around but yeah deleting the game then reinstalling all the DLC will be a chore.

Do a quick back up of your game save then delete it. If you have a USB stick or Plus this should only take a minute or two.

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
I've had this happen to me pretty regularly on Dr. Dude, and it totally ruins any chance of getting a good score. It has also happened on a few other tables that I can't recall at the moment, but not nearly as often as on Dr. Dude.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
OK so Im an idiot! Im sure Ive posted that on here before :p turns out I had cam lock off I must have hit square mid game, so if you get event effects and event camera is OFF check that your table position angle is locked by an icon at lower left of screen.
This can be closed and de-BUG'd

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts