Pack 18 quick test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Now I had a little bit more time. In HH the tips of the flippers are cut off in the lower playfield when the flippers are up/released.

The Hiscore Table of Teed Off seems pretty extreme (top entry about 750M, lowest entry 28M) but I don't know this table enough to really judge.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Oh crap, is it that time of the month again?

Haunted House - Yes, the cameras. :p

Tee'd Off - I got a high score, entered my initials (although it was very flaky on the inputs), and it started a new game instead of showing my score and doing all that end-game stuff. It wouldn't accept input at this point, it kept yelling at me to launch the ball, but the only thing I could do was kill off TPA through the task manager.

No lag to speak of. So far so good I guess. :p

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Oh crap, is it that time of the month again?

Haunted House - Yes, the cameras. :p

Tee'd Off - I got a high score, entered my initials (although it was very flaky on the inputs), and it started a new game instead of showing my score and doing all that end-game stuff.

No lag to speak of. So far so good I guess. :p

Definitely can confirm the difficulty entering initials on the score entry bug on Tee'd Off. Happened to me when I was madly screen capturing everything. ;-)

K

Korven

Anyone else having problems with connecting to the leaderboards? All I get is network error.

VenomPlug

Oct 30, 2012
Ugh...still no animated bumpers and slingshots :mad: and HH has "Upstairs Scores Double" sign blurred out. I can confirm pretty much every single issue mentioned above, no performance problems tho, runs very smooth. Tested on SGS3

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
20min lunch break test.

Confirm invisible ball on lower level of HH (changing skins has no effect).

Cameras are a work in progress I guess.

Hi-score entry not responding to button press in Tee'd off.

Tee'd off - during 10min game, had 2 performance stutters on N7, and at same time had interrupted flipper input. Very minor though.

Minor thing but TPA start screen text is cut off and incomplete.
3upyzada.jpg

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I think we can assume that most of the cam issues and graphics observations are due to this particular build being released for the purposes of testing performance issues only, right @Ryan Routon

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Performance is fast on a first generation Nexus 7, latest Android, not rooted. Same table-specific issues as others have noted with displays, goal indicators, sluggish initials entry.

Feels like the ball-drain and end-of-game music on HH is rushed, but I'm not familiar with the real table enough to tell. I'll have to go trawling through online videos, but the bonus is counted up very quickly or the game ends as soon as the drain takes place. Since this also happens on BH, perhaps it's just how that chipset is emulated right now?

Tee'd Off is such a vast improvement over the PHoF version that I actually like this table now. I've been counting down the days to the final build because of HH, but now I have a second table to get excited about, too. :D

Last edited:

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
On HH:

Confirm lower level hidden ball above flippers.

Sound samples are dirty... Definitely could be cleaned up, sounds like an LP (record album) complete with pops and scratches.

Table lighting appears bright (colors seem saturated a bit)

Upstairs camera bug where right - hand side is chopped off.

QUESTION : does the upstairs music begin immediately after the top right kick-out hole, or when a trigger is hit in the upstairs playfield?

No performance issues on 2nd Gen Nexus 7

Last edited:
N

netizen

Anyone else having problems with connecting to the leaderboards? All I get is network error.

There is no leader boards for these tables. IF you do connect you'll get a NONE for HH and TO.

But don't scroll to the tables beside them on the leaderboards because that will then populate the leaderboards for both TO and HH with the values for either T2 or GN, depending on which table you last looked at.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
When entering initials in Teed Off, it was very slow and laggy. So slow it timed out before I could finish. This is on Nexus 7 FHD.

N

netizen

"Upstairs Scores Double" sign blurred out.

Have you turned mipmapping OFF? (First menu, options, mipmapping ON/Off)

on most devices this will disable the switch that will tell TPA to use the lower quality assets. However, there are no guarantees for performance.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Here is a pic of a real HH everything inside the white lines shows the area in which the ball disappears, tried to capture it live and I can't do it.

151m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Game music is gone in HH after about three or four games, the title page still has music until you start a game then it is only flipper and ball rolling sounds.

N

netizen

Game music is gone in HH after about three or four games, the title page still has music until you start a game then it is only flipper and ball rolling sounds.

I encountered this, but it only happened when I had been for pausing, quitting and restarting games. When I play them through to completion I haven't been able to replicate this sort of thing again.

Maybe it's a timing issue?

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Here is a pic of a real HH everything inside the white lines shows the area in which the ball disappears, tried to capture it live and I can't do it.

...which is right where the clear plexi "spiderweb" panel is on the real-life table. Likely some kind of transparency glitch or clipping error with that element in the model. The ball is down there, but you simply can't see it. Flailing wildly at the flippers will register a bonus, though, and you can see the ball rolling down the flippers or the outlanes. Performance-wise, the ball appears to be moving fine down there.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
Can someone explain mipmapping to me? Is it better to have it on or off? I have the new Nexus 7 fhd. Thanks

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks guys! Yeah I know about most of these issues, especially the cam ones. Bobby wanted me to get a (Alpha?) out to see about performance before we moved any further.

Mipmapping on = A chain of bitmaps will be created and the gpu will pick the "best" one. So a 64x64 will turn into a 32x32 16x16 8x8 4x4 etc.....

so turning it off you will only display the 64x64 one. Its meant to improve performance but might be negligible as a whole. So if it is on and blurry your gpu is picking a smaller texture, most likely due to the polygon its textured to being at an angle and your hardware not having anisotropic filtering.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
we are going to make a final pass on cameras and fix some of the art issues and I will send another beta. As always thanks you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.