Pack 18 quick test

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Anything in particular you'd like us to look for, Ryan? New tables, of course, but anything else?

ETA: OK, the basement in HH isn't quite functional. The ball goes invisible except when it's near the flippers. Perhaps it's being clipped by the spider web overlay? Also, the bonus numbers look vertically stretched. And I'm also having crippling bouts of nostalgia, but that's not the build's fault. :)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
*Description*

When playing haunted house in Landscape, the views are really far away, making it impossible to reliably play.

jemasy8u.jpg

ubumu9aq.jpg

*Additional Info*

Perhaps the View issues are known at this stage.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hey guys, we are having some cpu issues with the new chip sets and they wanted me to throw a build out there for you guys to test out to see how bad it is. So still a work in progress, but let me know how this build runs. Thanks!

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity18a.apk

*Description*

In portrait view, Haunted House has some issues with the Mini Playfield getting cut off on the right side.

qa8egesy.jpg

*Additional Info*

There are other issues with views 1 to 4 but because I can only insert 4 images per post I will cover those in the next one.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hey guys, we are having some cpu issues with the new chip sets and they wanted me to throw a build out there for you guys to test out to see how bad it is. So still a work in progress, but let me know how this build runs. Thanks!

When you shoot down into the mini-playfield, the ball vanishes as soon as it leaves the flipper region. 100% reproducible in both landscape and portrait orientation.

Nexus 7 FHD

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

The portrait cams are less zoomed out in portrait compared to landscape, however they cut off key detail you need to play and some views have important areas like flippers obscured by your thumbs.

tyny4umu.jpg

^^^ View 1 just barely allows you to see the right 2 flipper under your thumb ^^^

The other views have similar issues in portrait.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

ry8y6e4u.jpg

^^^ View 3 is probably the only playable view in portrait at the moment ^^^

Now, onto the others...

qa2ytuvy.jpg

^^^ View 2 cuts of the flippers at the bottom and makes thumb positioning challenging. ^^^

yrate7er.jpg

^^^ View 4 is way too close ^^^

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Landscape Cams Haunted House

Just for reference, these are the landscape cams.

6u8eqybu.jpg

^^^ Camera 1. I could probably live with this. Enough room for the thumbs. ^^^

utusy7e4.jpg

^^^ Camera 2. Flippers cut off ^^^

2a9avyva.jpg

^^^ Camera 3. A little too zoomed out to read finer detail. ^^^

qa9umuju.jpg

^^^ Camera 4. Provided without comment... ^^^

Last edited:
N

netizen

I can confirm the ball disappearing on the lower playfield once it goes away from the flippers when in portrait view; this happens with the event cam ON and OFF.

However the lower playfield being off centre doesn't appear to be the case in any of the portrait views on my nexus 10.

View 1
View 2
View 3
View 4

I compared view 3 with this image from IPDB

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
On haunted house's lower playfield it's almost like the texture is too high in the z-plane relative to the table surface and the ball is going under it.

Old nexus 7 and performance is top notch as always.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
When you trigger the playfield roulette wheel, the event cam focuses on the backbox. This needs to be adjusted to focus on the wheel during a captured ball spin event.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I can confirm the ball disappearing on the lower playfield once it goes away from the flippers when in portrait view; this happens with the event cam ON and OFF.

However the lower playfield being off centre doesn't appear to be the case in any of the portrait views on my nexus 10.

View 1
View 2
View 3
View 4

I compared view 3 with this image from IPDB

Hmm, that is very interesting netizen. I wonder why the 1080p screen of the N7 FHD is displaying this differently to the super HD screen on the N10?

N

netizen

Tee'd Off Operators menu UX is broken.

According to the initial HUD menu UI screen L flipper is to step and R Flipper is to select. However, R flipper does nothing, Enter selects, Start cancels, some Menu adjustments do not adjust when they should - replay levels should not be disabled for any reason which leads me to believe the UX is the broken thing.

When Multi-Ball in any fashion is activated the camera doesn't go back to plunger mode to launch the next ball, yet the DMD and voice calls tell you to launch a ball. By pressing the screen on the right you launch a ball. This repeats 2 x to complete the lock sequence.

Achieving a jackpot during Multi-Ball doesn't check off the Standard Goal.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No performance issues for either table on my Galaxy S4 running Android 4.2.2. Smooth as silk!

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Ran decent here, weird gameplay aside, the only issue was HH seemed to have a small lag every few seconds but both ran smoothly enough to be called acceptable.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013

Same here on a Galaxy Tablet. The balls are just invisible and the game continues. Teed Off has no obvious flaws. The lowest highscore comes very quick considering that I didn't know this table at all.

Nice to have Elvira for October;)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Quick 5min pre-work test gave no performance issues on either the SGS4 GT-I9505, or N7(mk1).

You can tell it's working harder than on other TPA tables, as I could feel the tegra3 chip warming up on the N7, which is common with Zen but not TPA.

More in depth testing tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts