Bug Android Version 1.18.1 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Android version 1.18.1 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Korven

Device/OS: Nexus 7 / 4.3

Bug Description: Scoring over 1M on HH won't register.

Steps To Reproduce: Score 1M+

Frequency: ?

Additional Comments: This bug was present in early beta but fixed in the 18c update.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Device/OS: Nexus 7 1st gen / 4.3

Bug Description: HH does not register extra balls from main floor kickout

Steps To Reproduce:

Light the EB target by knocking down four drop targets and shoot into the kicker.
Extra Ball is not awarded and light remains lit.
Achievement is not unlocked, and "Shoot Again" light is not lit.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: An early beta did award the achievement, but I've since cleared the table data and re-downloaded the rez with the new release.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Device : kindle fire hd 7" android amazon 4.2'2?

Bug description: entering high score initials in teed off does not recognize all input presses

Steps to reproduce: obtain any high score in teed off

Additional comments: rapid taps missed more often but even slow deliberate taps are regularly missed.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Device : kindle fire hd 7" android amazon 4.2'2?

Bug description: entering high score initiative in teed off does not recognize all input presses

Steps to reproduce: obtain any high score in teed off

Additional comments: rapid taps missed more often but even slow deliberate taps are regularly missed.

This was a hangover from the 18 beta. Shame this wasn't fixed before GA.

K

Korven

Pin*Bot STILL won't hand out EBs for score or collecting the special, what a surprise..:thumbdown:

(Yes, I even emaild support about it)

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Device: kindle fire hd 7" Amazon android

Description: mipmapping option not changing actual behaviors

Steps to reproduce: change mipmapping option,observe table graphics

Additional comments: was working afaik in 18c using the t2 autofire light primarily as reference but confirmed on several tables

Last edited:

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Device/OS: Nexus 7 1st Gen / 4.3

Bug Description: Scoring Special in cellar does not award extra ball

Steps To Reproduce: Light and shoot the Special eject hole in the Cellar. No EB is awarded by the table.

Additional Comments: I'm assuming that HH is following the example of other tables in TPA and awarding EBs for specials earned.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Let me put up another build here I think some of these issues were addressed last minute. Does no good to complain about management decisions though they don't read the boards.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Just tried it and appears to be working as intended.

Test:
Turned textures to normal
mipmapping on
Tales of the arabian night texture in the back blurry
mipmapping off
Tales of the arabian night texture sharp

Can you be more specific?

Additional comments: was working afaik in 18c using the t2 autofire light primarily as reference but confirmed on several tables

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Sorry to be confusing...as best I can tell, all the table graphics look the same with the option turned on or off, I just did a little testing with my wife and I side by side watching the monitor and couldn't agree if there was any difference at all (she thought the option:Off produced slightly better color saturation) and if either looked "better".

I used TOTAN and T2 as a reference. Previously on my screen in landscape the T2 Auto-Fire Ball Rescue label was just a grey smudge (completely illegible). With the mipmapping option turned OFF in beta 18c this would fix the problem at the expense of a small amount of performance (HH mostly). In the beta, I was able to toggle the option and observe a dramatic change in table appearance, both on and off. Now, it always appear to be set to OFF regardless of my actual setting choice, there is no visual change anymore. TOTAN is always clear and I now know it says "Ball Rescue" under "Auto-Fire" when before IN LANDSCAPE I didn't even notice there were 2 lines of text.

I hope this helps.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
It "seems" like it's doing "something".
I apologize we're having a hard time getting a solid read on this one way or the other. It does appear to make a small difference as expected but I had to use a slightly different reference, the wheel on no good gofers. No matter what I pick, the T2 auto-fire label is now quite readable, but the wheel in NGG appears slightly more blurry when the mipmapping option is turned on. TOTAN really does appear about the same either way. in T2 the upper arrow shaped lights for the skill shot also appear a bit more jagged with the option turned OFF. Again, I'm sorry if we're just mucking around because without a side by side, it's purely subjective.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Just played HH with the 18d build (after the Google Store build) and I am still seeing issues with the attic being cut off on the right hand side using view #2 in portrait mode. I have not tried any of the other camera angles, but I am expecting the same. Also have had the table crash on me a few times as well when playing, but can't see anything specific that is making it crash.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

On the Kindle 8.9" the Mipmapping function doesn't seem to do anything either, but the good news is that it appears to be stuck ON and the tables appear to look much nicer. I posted HOW T2 looked in another thread.

Here is the T2 table with Mipmapping on and off

First is ON
TPA-T2-Mipmapped.png

And now OFF
TPA-T2-Not_Mipmapped.png

Also, I posted a couple other bugs in the Kindle Fire forum, but I don't think anyone checks that area so I'll post the link with video proof below. The flippers in Haunted House make the table really hard to play with the sound turned on. :(

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...mp-auto-rotate-is-strange?p=105033#post105033

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Device/OS: Nexus 7(mk1) & SGS4

Bug Description: HH camera views are not correct to normal setup.

Steps To Reproduce: start HH, cycle through camera views

Additional Comments: portrait views 2 & 3 are too zoomed out, with a lot of real estate wasted at both the top and bottom of the screen.
Views 1 & 4 crops the left and right sides of the screen too much. (This is more pronounced on the SGS4.)
(Screen captures are available in the 18 quick test thread).

Last edited:

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Ok seeing the T2 side by sides something is definitely changing. The labels on the arrows leading into the skull for instance appear ever so slightly out of focus in the first SS posted (top down). It's subtle but areas like the red ring border around the 3 drop targets in the center and the shape of the arrow targets on the skill shot side all seem slightly smoother. These are not the changes I noticed the first time around when "it worked" in the betas so I was looking for the obvious glitches from the past to compare but honestly don't remember if I ever tried "changing it back to ON" in the betas since HH was the only table that seemed to be unable to handle the performance hit and I'm not a crazy huge HH fan in the first place ;).

For whatever it's worth, I think it's doing something......

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Let me put up another build here I think some of these issues were addressed last minute. Does no good to complain about management decisions though they don't read the boards.

Ryan was helping me off and on over the past couple days trying to figure out why I couldn't get the new video content stuff working. They're not always the ones at fault. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online