The PS3 "super patch"

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
There aren't that many bugs that, well, bug me, but I'll be glad to be rid of the WH2O freezing glitch and Arnie's hollow neck in T2.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
There aren't that many bugs that, well, bug me, but I'll be glad to be rid of the WH2O freezing glitch and Arnie's hollow neck in T2.

For me, the big one is the random kickout from the loop on AFM. Getting rid of that alone is worth however huge the download is. I played AFM the other night and had a stretch where I lost something like 8 straight balls to that kickout.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
For me, the big one is the random kickout from the loop on AFM. Getting rid of that alone is worth however huge the download is. I played AFM the other night and had a stretch where I lost something like 8 straight balls to that kickout.

It seems to be fixed on the PS4 so it should be fixed in the mega fix.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
According to smbhax on the PS4 topic, TPA PS4 is free of any lag (but sound quality is still crappy).

Crossed fingers with this upcoming megapatch for the PS3 version...

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hello Tabe,

I am currently testing Attack from Mars and I am not quit sure how you are losing balls to the kick out. I have tested all three, Stroke of Luck eject, Multi-ball eject, and Flying saucer eject which is ultimately the same as the Multi-ball eject. Is there any more information or a screen shot that you can provide so I can forward this and make sure it is taken care of in the next Patch?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't think he's talking about an actual kickout, but the balls will bounce off an invisible object when going around the top loop, causing it to drain down the middle.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I don't think he's talking about an actual kickout, but the balls will bounce off an invisible object when going around the top loop, causing it to drain down the middle.

Yeah so Annoying. Most of the time it doesn't then all of sudden it does it. Was frustrating the other day playing AFM for the PSN tournament. This Happens in AFM and Cactus Canyon to name a few. I'm not sure what other tables have this annoyance.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
or if a ball doesnt go into the back of the scoop and goes to the right, it doesnt happen every time and thats how it catches you off gaurd. Just played AFM in PS3 tournament it got me :( but not before I scored 130 BILLION! :)

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I'll be looking into it, I believe it may have something to do with locked balls and collisions not resetting from game to game. Of course this shouldn't be happening and this is the first I've heard of it occurring on these two tables.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012

Yeah, that's correct. Shouldn't have used a pinball term that means something else entirely :)

I'm referring to when you shoot the top loop from the left. When it comes back around on the right side, it hits something and bam, STDM.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I'll be looking into it, I believe it may have something to do with locked balls and collisions not resetting from game to game. Of course this shouldn't be happening and this is the first I've heard of it occurring on these two tables.
You're new here so I'll be gentle :)

This has been posted on here multiple times though probably not recently which is why you haven't seen it. I know it occurs in at least one other game though I forget which one right now. The bug has apparently already been fixed in the Android version of TPA. When it was first reported, someone from Farsight said on here that the random "bump" of the ball was intentionally added because the game was too easy without it.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks!

There should not be any unseen collision as described. Whether the game is too easy or difficult, we try our best to emulate the real table. If there isn't a bump on the real table, there shouldn't be in the game.

In regards to the ball going up the left side and hitting something, could this be the wire gate? Here is a video of a live table being played where it hits the wire gate. to hit the top two rollovers.

http://papa.org/2012/11/30/attack-from-mars-gameplay/
From 5:12 to 5:15 you can see the ball hit from the right flipper into the top left lane which loops around then hits a closed wire gate.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Hope this helps:

AFM_loop_bug_PS3.jpg

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks!

There should not be any unseen collision as described. Whether the game is too easy or difficult, we try our best to emulate the real table. If there isn't a bump on the real table, there shouldn't be in the game.

In regards to the ball going up the left side and hitting something, could this be the wire gate? Here is a video of a live table being played where it hits the wire gate. Is the issue mainly with the Stroke of luck scoop?

http://papa.org/2012/11/30/attack-from-mars-gameplay/
From 5:12 to 5:15 you can see the ball hit from the right flipper into the top left lane which loops around then hits a closed wire gate.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Not to change the subject, but will the inner cabinet of Funhouse be blue? Will Black Knight and Genie still have funky colored artwork?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.