Nvdia SHIELD update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroshiro

Oct 28, 2013
For those of you not aware of the Nvidia SHIELD, an update was released today that allows you to map touchscreen actions to buttons. I can finally play Pinball Arcade using the controller! This is flat-out amazing.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Yeah but... Landscape only.

Sounds like a good improvement though. I'd still choose a tablet and Sixaxis personally.

Kuroshiro

Oct 28, 2013
Understandable. I've gone that route on my nexus 10, but I really love the SHIELD and not really being able to play Pinball Arcade on it reasonably was not fun. Having to resort to "other" pinball apps to get my fix on the go was unfortunate. :)

Eric Qel-Droma

Jul 3, 2012
Aaaah. It's a Shield function, and not a TPA function. It sure would be nice if there were an official FarSight mapping out there, or even a mapping guide. It took me a while to puzzle out some of the basic mapping tools and where to put them. Anyway, better this than nothing, I suppose.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
The last update added support for the shield controls, try em out and let me know how they work. Also do you guys see any performance issues on the shield?

Damianiw

Jun 23, 2013
Totally amazing - hoping to get a nvidia tegra note 7 - not sure but its same chipset so maybe I can use controller on tpa with it !!!??

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
Anyone else ever get one of these !

I got one a week ago when they dropped to $199.00 in price...wish I would have done it a long time ago !

I just love it for Pinball Arcade....the control you have and being able to really use the nudge....so nice :)

I'll always play it on my iPad, but I do love this Shield too !!

Damianiw

Jun 23, 2013
Hi TPA is great on note 7 can you support the moga pro or other controllers please, latest update really improves the graphics

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
The last update added support for the shield controls, try em out and let me know how they work. Also do you guys see any performance issues on the shield?

It works perfect on my Shield....I couldn't ask for better !

The only thing I was curious about (and this could be just because it's a smaller screen than my iPad)....but some of the tables on View 4 are a lot closer than others.....some are pulled much farther out making it a little harder to see....but the vast majority of the tables are perfect !

Damianiw

Jun 23, 2013
For those of you not aware of the Nvidia SHIELD, an update was released today that allows you to map touchscreen actions to buttons. I can finally play Pinball Arcade using the controller! This is flat-out amazing.

Wow!! How did I miss this!!

I have a note 7, purchased a moga pro but just noticed this, in dsettings control pad it says hold start on controllers to launch nvidia mapper... connected moga via Bluetooth in his mode, held start and it opened the app so cool

I used to love sixaxis which supported this but unfortunately the Bluetooth driver doesn't work with the note 7 and I've been hunting high and low for an equivalent ! Doh!!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hi TPA is great on note 7 can you support the moga pro or other controllers please, latest update really improves the graphics

Moga Pro, and any native controller have been supported in TPA for Android for over 6 months now.
Full analogue nudging on left stick, and analogue plunge on the right stick.
Flippers on the shoulder buttons or triggers.

Damianiw

Jun 23, 2013
I got my moga last week and just getting my head around mode a (moga) and b (his) must have had it in mode a when I tried before, had a steel series before this but the moga is tons better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts