Round 3: Q&A With Bobby King

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Here ya go folks. It was great to have SYT join up with me for the interview. We apologize that we had a bit of technical difficulty with Bobby's mic, but nothing too major...hope you enjoy the show!

Youtube version:

MP3 Download:

Mirror 1

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Awesome Job guys, I loved it. I am really happy to hear about Sterns S.A.M. Games in the future, the only real S.A.M. game I'm really looking forward to, Would have to be Family Guy ( love that game) and Tron Legacy. I was also happy to here about Jersey Jack, I can just imagine playing one of my favorite Pinball Games The Wizard Of Oz on my Playstation 4 just Awesome. I was also very happy to here about some of the older games like Black Knight getting Rom emulation, so this means now I will be able to hear The Black Knight laugh at me when I'm playing the game. To finish it off again I want to thank you guys for taking your time to go up their and interview Bobby King, likewise to Bobby for letting you talk to him and get some info. Well gotta go, so thanks their never enough thanks to what everybody does on this Forum, so Chow for Now.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks goes out to Jeff, Chris and Bobby for another great interview with promising details on what we can expect for The Pinball Arcade. The future looks bright! :)

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Only made it past the first 2/3rd of the interview but stuff like this snaps me out of the grumpy pessimism that gathers over a few months. Loved hearing about the new patching path they are taking. Was also great hearing about the half off price on ps4 if ya bought enough already.
Great job guys and BIG thanks to Bobby and the guys at FS for working hard and sorting this stuff out. Can't wait to play the improved tables.

Edit: you do the interview theme song Jeff?

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Only made it past the first 2/3rd of the interview but stuff like this snaps me out of the grumpy pessimism that gathers over a few months.

Exactly why we want to do this sort of thing. I think even the most jaded poster here on the forum would change his tune after visiting.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Wish you guys asked about the megapatch in regard to the Vita version. It needs it way more than the PS3 does.

Next time we ask you guys for questions, give us something specific to ask about regarding the Vita. Unfortunately, neither of us owns one so we are completely dependent on you guys for what the issues are.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Great work guys, and Bobby :)

Boy I guess if they're gonna do the Tournament-level difficulty setting (especially with its own leaderboard? Sweet) then I don't need to go buying the Pro Packs. Now I just wonder when that'll be out!

(About the chrome effect, there would be no need for true reflections on chrome table details--just a simple secular highlight, other games have done that kind of thing for ages now.)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Boy I guess if they're gonna do the Tournament-level difficulty setting (especially with its own leaderboard? Sweet) then I don't need to go buying the Pro Packs. Now I just wonder when that'll be out!

(About the chrome effect, there would be no need for true reflections on chrome table details--just a simple secular highlight, other games have done that kind of thing for ages now.)

Thanks man!

I'm really not hip on all the graphical lingo, as you could tell from my comments on that subject :). I was only going off of what Ryan told us.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

I'm not quite so sure about that...in the single player game, those tournament level settings might just be only in the pro mode. For some reason I thought that was the way I heard it at some point in our visit. Just saying, temper the excitement level there. But yeah, tournament leaderboards I love.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Well, from the way you and Bobby put it in the interview, the single-player stuff *sounded* unrelated to Pro mode--also there wouldn't be a whole lot of point to it if it was wrapped into Pro Mode, because you can make those settings yourself in Pro Mode already. And Pro mode disables leaderboards because of all the other stuff you can set once the "coin door" is open, so I'd be pretty surprised if they were considering a leaderboard that had anything to do with Pro mode at this point.

EDIT: Also also, not all tables have Pro mode, and you wouldn't think they'd want to exclude a bunch of tables from tournament play because of that.

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Thanks Jeff and Chris for a great interview with Bobby. I am glad Bobby was able to give some time to the two of you. You guys make a great interview team with pleasant voices. Also enjoyed listening to your post interview comments.

Sure looking forward towards the upgrades to Black Knight, Gorgar and Fire Power; plus all other improvements coming to TPA in the future.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Thank you, for this very interesting and entertaining interview! :)

It's so true that TPA makes people buy the real machines. I just ordered a RBION - hopefully delivered today - only because of playing it in TPA. This makes the third machine I bought for that very reason ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.