It's out! (PC Initial Release Discussion And Feedback)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Help please.
I'm new to steam and windows 8. when I first launched TPA a settings screen comes up to set AA and I think ball reflections. I chose the low default settings first to check TPA would run. It's running good but I don't know how to access this set up box to try more advanced settings. Thanks for any help.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Help please.
I'm new to steam and windows 8. when I first launched TPA a settings screen comes up to set AA and I think ball reflections. I chose the low default settings first to check TPA would run. It's running good but I don't know how to access this set up box to try more advanced settings. Thanks for any help.

In the STeam Client, right click Pinball Arcade and choose Launch Configuration Utility.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
Does anyone have there steam friends show up in the leaderboards? I now have a few but there is only "me" on the friends leaderboard.

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone have there steam friends show up in the leaderboards? I now have a few but there is only "me" on the friends leaderboard.

It seems the leaderboards are not pulling from your steam friends list.

Can anyone at Farsight comment on how these leaderboards work for the pc version?

TwinsensBrain

Jan 2, 2013
Absolutely loving it. Purchased all the tables (wow what a surprise there). The only flaw I've found so far is that when you enable post processing the edges of everything kind of go jagged. Otherwise it's super nice looking with maxed settings (1920x1080 and 1920x1200 resolutions). Oh and I'm using Intel Core i7 3930K my graphics card setup is 2x ASUS AMD HD Radeon 6970's in a crossfire (runs 60 FPS all the time no slowdowns) And with latest drivers.

Last edited:

danceandfight

Apr 22, 2013
Runs perfect on my old PC. I've never played on other platforms except iOS and so I immediately bought both seasons on PC because of these lights and lightnings! Now it is completely new game for me! I dunno how I'll play TPA on my iPad from now on! And Xbox 360 gamepad is very comfortable!

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
It seems the leaderboards are not pulling from your steam friends list.

Can anyone at Farsight comment on how these leaderboards work for the pc version?

Since you need a farsight username to be able to use the leaderboard I think it uses the friends from there. How can I add people as friends as a farsight user?

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Unless it uses Facebook or Twitter, I don't see any option at Farsight to add friends, at least not from the same site that I created a profile on for my name to show up in the leaderboards.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's usually based upon Facebook friends, but the option to sync with Facebook didn't make it into the PC version. Hopefully they'll just add an option for Steam Friends. That would be much better than using Facebook.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
It's usually based upon Facebook friends, but the option to sync with Facebook didn't make it into the PC version. Hopefully they'll just add an option for Steam Friends. That would be much better than using Facebook.

If there was one thing that disappointed me with TPA is that Farsight didn't take advantage of the Steam Leaderboards.

pcraenme

Jun 18, 2013
Seems FPS is fixed to 60FPS in game? When I override this in nVidia control panel and force vsync off, I only get a few frames extra above 60. I have maxed out all setting on a 1080p resolution and my CPU and GPU is far from maxed out.

wascillywabbit

Nov 5, 2013
Any chance of adjustable camera angles in the game some tables are very hard for me to play with the angle they have. Apart from this its a great game.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Seems FPS is fixed to 60FPS in game? When I override this in nVidia control panel and force vsync off, I only get a few frames extra above 60. I have maxed out all setting on a 1080p resolution and my CPU and GPU is far from maxed out.

Yes, locked to 60 (or 30 if your hardware can't handle it), I believe. I think they mentioned this is due to the way the physics and timings are running.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
wikipedian_protester.png

Well, they did order a cab. Can you point out where they promised an HD remake?
Oh yeah and let's get "HD" sorted out. HD is a resolution (ie 720p or 1080p) at which the game runs, not DX11 effects...which will still most likely come after cab support since they are actively awaiting the delivery of a cab. [1]

Volitar Prime

Jun 24, 2012
Downloaded and played ToTAN. The low res textures are a big turn off. Especially the near playfield. It is almost impossible to read the text which should be crystal clear at 1080p. Also, is it me or is the genie's hand sticking up through the top glass?

Loadedweapon

Oct 26, 2013
Well, they did order a cab. Can you point out where they promised an HD remake?
Oh yeah and let's get "HD" sorted out. HD is a resolution (ie 720p or 1080p) at which the game runs, not DX11 effects...which will still most likely come after cab support since they are actively awaiting the delivery of a cab. [1]
Superballs it's ok to be a fanboy but people really dont need your trolling/comments on every post. We get that you like it so go spend some time playing it. People are posting to what they would like to see worked on.. Like and HD update be cause alot of the textures look pretty bad esp most of the playfields and aprons and backglasses. And cab support because not everyone likes to set at a desk and play pinball it's just not right.. I know they have a cab and are working on it and that dx11 will be updated next year after ps4. The game is good and I love pinball there is just a few things I would like to see done before it will work for me..
I will be glad to support PA they have done a great job so far and I understand they are a very small team so we will wait and see..

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Downloaded and played ToTAN. The low res textures are a big turn off. Especially the near playfield. It is almost impossible to read the text which should be crystal clear at 1080p.

Yes, absolutely agree about the text not being clear. It seems much clearer on my iPad (3rd generation with 2048x1536 resolution). It should not be as grainy and blurry as it is. Biggest graphics disappointment for me.

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
Bummer that TPA was knocked off Steam's front page by a deluge of You Don't Know Jacks. Hopefully sales are good anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts