Bug Anomalies

doedje

Sep 4, 2013
While playing I discovered a couple of anomalies that are inconsequent with the real thing, at least, I think they are:

1) When changing lanes for the multiplier lanes (most pinballs have this feature) pressing both the left or right button moves the lights right. But as far as I can remember most pinballs I played had different actions for the left and right button: pressing the left button moved the lights left, pressing the right button moves the light right...

2) When the game is over, most pinball machines spit out any locked balls. The balls roll down towards the outhole. In real life the slingshots are not active, in TPA the slingshots throw the balls around...

Just a couple of things that I think are disturbing, when you are trying to simulate the real thing. It also makes me doubt the ROM emulation.... These two things could never happen with 1:1 ROM emulation...

Anyway, just my 2cents... Further I am a great fan! Only looking for improvement in every possible direction ;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
1) depends on the machine. Some you can't change lanes at all. Some you can only advance to the right. Some you can go right or left. Some only use the right button and and some you can use either button. Based on what you said you saw the most, I would assume you have played mostly modern era machines.

Just depends on the machine and most importantly when it was made. Oh how I wish I could lane change on Gorgar.

doedje

Sep 4, 2013
Heheh, yeah! I noticed that on the older games lane changing is not a feature.... But on T2, STTNG, FT, to name a few, I am quite sure that on the real thing you could lane changes left or right.... In TPA you can only change to the right...

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
2) Locked ball behavior at game over also varies. Some tables, of course, don't mechanically lock at all. Is there a specific table that you have in mind with active slingshots? I do seem to recall one TPA table where the slingshots stay active. That could be the behavior of the real machine, too.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Heheh, yeah! I noticed that on the older games lane changing is not a feature.... But on T2, STTNG, FT, to name a few, I am quite sure that on the real thing you could lane changes left or right.... In TPA you can only change to the right...

You may need to name some more. All three tables you mentioned only shift to the right in real life.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I know CV and TOTAN have active sling if you complete a mode while the machine is waiting for balls to drain, but how are you hitting the slings after game over?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
2) Locked ball behavior at game over also varies. Some tables, of course, don't mechanically lock at all. Is there a specific table that you have in mind with active slingshots? I do seem to recall one TPA table where the slingshots stay active. That could be the behavior of the real machine, too.

Fish Tales is a recent example. All modern tables have coil high voltage disabled when the match sequence starts. This is not the case in TPA.

All tables are affected by this bug.

I raised the issue in the latest round of beta testing for Android.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I know CV and TOTAN have active sling if you complete a mode while the machine is waiting for balls to drain, but how are you hitting the slings after game over?

When the balls drain into the trough on Fish Tales, the bounce back from the dead flipper always makes the ball hit the right sling.

For balls that eject into pop bumpers before draining, the same energized state behavior occurs as well.

doedje

Sep 4, 2013

STTNG and FT

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
When the balls drain into the trough on Fish Tales, the bounce back from the dead flipper always makes the ball hit the right sling.

For balls that eject into pop bumpers before draining, the same energized state behavior occurs as well.
on fish tales a lot of times while the locked balls are in process of being released and draining the table cuts to the score and continue pop up. Therefore it really doesn't matter much the game is over anyways.

doedje

Sep 4, 2013
In regard to 1) the lane change function... I stand corrected. T2 does indeed change lane to the right only....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.