Apple Delay Frustration (Derailed by Driveway Cheese after Post # 81)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2013
If it's going to come to season 3 refunds I think this could end up getting drawn out longer.

The fact that nothing has happened and it's a Monday means it most likely hasn't been resubmitted yet meaning the issue between Farsight and Apple hasn't been resolved and there are negotiations going on as we speak... Which could mean something drastic.

Or Apple is just really slow.

A season pass withdrawal would actually benefit Farsight as people would be forced to pay full price. But fans will be pissed.

That can't happen... Can it? As others have stated plenty of games/movies do season passes. Not to mention this is Farsights second time doing this in advance...

Many questions, no answers. If we don't get it by Wednesday then something is definitely up.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I really want to know what this Driveway Cheese is!

Anyway, I would like to ask you if the deal is almost complete.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Isn't there a way FarSight could just ignore the whole Crapple Joke and let us download it directly from them?

No, Apple will not allow that. If you're going to sell apps to users you have to go through the App Store. If those apps can download additional levels or other in-app consumables, you have to sell them using Apple's IAP system.

Just be patient, I'm sure this whole mess will be resolved shortly.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Trolling is intentionally derailing discussion, intentially pushing buttons, saying something crazy/uninformed on purpose to do the latter, or saying something crazy/uninformed because the person just doesn't know any better. Or just being a prick to someone for no reason according to google: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

Saying it's time to pack it up, bulldoze the game, and get drinks with the 360 crowd is clearly a joke, maybe not a good one maybe I suck at humor, but if you have to read it more than once to figure it out, I'm kinda pondering your mod cred. A troll would be if I was being serious. It was meant as pure hyperbole and sarcasm and I thought referencing Major League would make that clear.

Apologies if you weren't singling me out, but I read the thread and besides some outright angry and frustrated folks, I couldn't find anything that reads like trolling and/or attacks really.

I mean the thread is titled "Apple -frustration-" so letting people vent here is kinda the point.
I was not singling out anyone in particular, but since you asked, the suggestion that someone go play with something that would require them to wash up afterwards and that might lead to blindness were the two posts that led me to think something was about to go wrong here. Hence my general warning to keep things civil.

Also, the venting threads in this forum tend to descend into madness very quickly if not carefully watched. You weren't here for the last one, but we had a "Designated Complaint Area" thread for people to kvetch in when the PC release was delayed, since people were tired of hearing the complaints in other threads. That experiment failed spectacularly, to say the least, and had to be closed down.

But things in this thread seem to have resolved themselves for the moment, if only due to the distraction caused by the introduction of driveway cheese.

deimos256

Jun 4, 2013
If it's going to come to season 3 refunds I think this could end up getting drawn out longer.

The fact that nothing has happened and it's a Monday means it most likely hasn't been resubmitted yet meaning the issue between Farsight and Apple hasn't been resolved and there are negotiations going on as we speak... Which could mean something drastic.
Or Apple is just really slow.

A season pass withdrawal would actually benefit Farsight as people would be forced to pay full price. But fans will be pissed.

That can't happen... Can it? As others have stated plenty of games/movies do season passes. Not to mention this is Farsights second time doing this in advance...

Many questions, no answers. If we don't get it by Wednesday then something is definitely up.

I'm willing to bet nothing happened today because it's a holiday and perhaps Apple recognizes said holiday. I know I had today off.

Dec 7, 2013
No, Apple will not allow that. If you're going to sell apps to users you have to go through the App Store. If those apps can download additional levels or other in-app consumables, you have to sell them using Apple's IAP system.

Just be patient, I'm sure this whole mess will be resolved shortly.

Just cause there's nothing else to talk about. I hate that word, "consumers". Yuck. We are customers and human beings. I feel like that term degrades us all. I buy stuff from time to time I might enjoy watching a film, playing a video game, or reading a book and some stuff I buy I consume like alcohol but I am certainly not a "consumer" nor the biproduct of a lifestyle obsession.

I have a feeling Driveway Cheese when it's revealed is going to cause a rupture in the space time continuum.

Last edited:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Sean I understand where you are coming from on that but we where just trying to lighten the mood.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
These complaints as usual are just plain silly. Asking refunds....really? I honestly feel the PA community is one of the whiniest group of babies I have ever been a part of. I wouldn't blame FarSight to just pack it in and go another direction, it's that bad. Look, Apple had some questions and it will get sorted out in a few days. It's not a big deal. Telltale has a season pass for "The Walking Dead" games on all platforms including iOS so just a misunderstanding.

We can be friends...I like you.

A wild Employee appears!

Are abreast of the situation and allowed to speak about it? Any input is welcome. Were just wildly speculating at this point.

Read this in an Australian accent, it was great.

I was not singling out anyone in particular, but since you asked, the suggestion that someone go play with something that would require them to wash up afterwards and that might lead to blindness were the two posts that led me to think something was about to go wrong here. Hence my general warning to keep things civil.

Also, the venting threads in this forum tend to descend into madness very quickly if not carefully watched. You weren't here for the last one, but we had a "Designated Complaint Area" thread for people to kvetch in when the PC release was delayed, since people were tired of hearing the complaints in other threads. That experiment failed spectacularly, to say the least, and had to be closed down.

But things in this thread seem to have resolved themselves for the moment, if only due to the distraction caused by the introduction of driveway cheese.

I thought that was a funny post...really funny actually.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
The secret of Driveway cheese will remain hidden only to those few...

Now, would you like some driveway cheese with the Black Rose pinball game?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

Sorry for my part. I was actually trying to add some humor and tie it all back to pinball. No malice intended from me and I would never attempt to make the pot boil over.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
OK, the consensus is that the moderator is a grumpy old man who thinks the kids are having too much fun these days. :p

Carry on then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts