PC Version 1.22.7 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for the PC version 1.22.7 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Bug report template
You must be able to reproduce a bug more than once before reporting.
And make sure to reproduce it yourself more than 10 times to accurately calculate the frequency.

Title Bug: Begin the title with one of the following: Crash, Art, Display, Performance, Physics, or General. Then state where the bug occurs, followed by a brief description. Ex: “General – Scared Stiff: Ball goes through Crate at high velocity”
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 555m
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen):
Display Mode: “Windowed/Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “640x480, 800x600, 1024x768”

Frequency of Occurrence: “60% of the time” , “Every ball that enters the crate”

Expected Result: “During 'Crate Multiball' ball enters the crate and is launched back into play from the right”
Actual Result:”Entering the crate at maximum velocity causes the ball to fly through the crate into the deadheads”

Comment: Please be descriptive. Explain the steps taken to produce the bug and explain exactly what happened as a result.

In cases where it crashes before the main menu:
Contents of Log.txt, and possibly the contents of MemLog.txt (only if we request it)
Both of those files will be in the Pinball Arcade installation folder within steam.

\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade Under the steam installation

For most people that is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

R

Rhandos

Title Bug: Flashers on CV are broken
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 565m
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.22.7
Display Mode: Full screen
Display Resolution: 1680x1050

Frequency of Occurrence: All the time

Expected Result: The orange/red flashers around the edge of the playfield should contribute to the light show - one prominent example: During ball lock, all flashers fire after each other to a drummroll.

Comment: The are just a dull orange, as if in a state between on and off and never change state. PP is on, if that's relevant. They have been working during beta, but have been broken since vs 0.015

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Title Bug: Some of the playfield lamps are looking weird on some tables.
OS Version: Windows 8
Graphics Card: AMD HD 5770
Ram: 6GB
Version: 1.22.7 (Not sure about previous versions)
Display Mode: Full screen (Window)
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Some of the lamps are using a texture with different size or rotation in they on/off state. (For example, the center arrow, pointing to the force field at AFM, or the left safe escape lamp at ToM.)
I'm not sure about the Theatre of Magic, without pro mode it's hard to tell. There might be more affected lamps, I only found these.
Screenshot:
pTiTmqi.jpg

Last edited:

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
Oh, I guess I posted my bug in the old thread.

Title Bug: General/Sound. Black Rose: Menu music cuts out.
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 (sadly)
Ram: 16GB
Version #1.22.7
Display Mode: Full Screen

Frequency of Occurrence: Every time.

Expected Result: The music should play all the way through (and loop).

Actual Result: After ten or so seconds the music abruptly cuts out until either playing the table or quitting to the table selection screen.

Comment: As above, really; If I select Black Rose and let the music run on its menu it simply cuts out. If I play the table and go back to its menu it happens too.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Title Bug: Gorgar Scoreboard
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200
Version 1.22.7
Display Resolution: 1366x768

Screenshot:

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
Title Bug: Black Rose most ships sunk record does not save.
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce 670
Version #1.22.7

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Expected Result: After sinking less ships than I have previously I would expect the game not to ask for my initials as the person who has sunk the most ships.
Actual Result: Game asks for my initials for most ship sunk any time I've sunk at least one ship.

Comment: The worst part of this bug is even after saving my initials the "enter your initials" overlay will stay on the screen until the high score table is shown. Normally it shows and the "enter your initials" overlay disappears but if my actual score was over 30,000,000 but short of one of my 5 best scores then the game automatically gives me the free replay I earned at 30 million and restarts with the "enter initials" overlay on the screen. I can play another game but can't see the flippers and the Pause and Camera View buttons do nothing. Also, since the "enter initials" overlay is still in focus the game ignores the regular game keyboard commands. The only way out of the game is to hit ctrl-alt-del or alt-esc or other windows commands. It's either that or play the next game with flipper blindness until the 3 balls drain. That resets the game.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Title Bug: Gorgar Scoreboard
OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB
Ram: 4GB
Version 1.22.7
Display Resolution: 1280x720

Screenshot:
2014-01-18_00003.jpg

Vegard

Jan 2, 2014
Title Bug: Black Rose high score bug
OS Version: Windows 7 64-bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670
Ram: 12GB
Version #1.22.7
Display Mode: Full Screen Portrait
Display Resolution: 1080x1920

Frequency of Occurrence: 30% of the time

Expected Result: When asked to enter initials for a new high score, it should register and show the high score table.

Actual Result: When asked to enter initials for a new high score, the game sometimes bugs out after having entered the initials and starts a 4 player game instead, and disables the pause button (start on the 360 controller / Esc on the keyboard), forcing an Alt+F4.

Comment: The score registered fine several times, but today the bug occurred. Several people are saying it only happens when you get a new high score for ships sunk, which seems logical in my case as I did get a new score there as well as a new regular high score.

----

Title Bug: Black Rose extra ball not awarded at 30 million
Version #1.22.7

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Expected Result: When getting a score higher than 30 million, an extra ball should be awarded.

Actual Result: The game has never awarded me an extra ball for scoring over 30 million.

Comment: Not much else to say. I have gotten extra balls by completing video modes, but never for scoring.

---

Title Bug: Black Rose - two standard goals reset after having previously completed all 5 and gotten the achievement
Version #1.22.7

Frequency of Occurrence: Once

Expected Result: Having completed all standard goals, the wizard goals become available and don't reset on a whim.

Actual Result: The day after I had completed them, I noticed I was suddenly missing two of them (sneak attack and extra ball)

Comment: I got the Steam achievement, but now I'm forced to once again complete the sneak attack and extra ball objectives in order to have wizard goals become available again. I had not gotten any of the wizard goals before they were reset. This was on the same computer, and I had not played it on a different computer in between completing them and the reset.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Title Bug: Begin the title with one of the following: Medieval Madness Camera Issue
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 7950
Ram: 32GB
Version #1.22.7
Display Resolution: 2560x1440

Frequency of Occurrence: During Table Attract Mode

Comment: The attract mode camera for Medieval Madness is now far too close to the table and even passes through some polygons.

MedievalMadnessAttract.jpg

Title Bug: Black Rose DMD
Version #1.22.7
Display Resolution: 1440x2560

Frequency of Occurrence: Always

Comment: The DMD attached to the backboard is out of position.

BlackRoseDMD.jpg

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Title Bug: Begin the title with one of the following: Medieval Madness Camera Issue
Version #1.22.7
Display Resolution: 2560x1440

Frequency of Occurrence: During Table Attract Mode

Comment: The attract mode camera for Medieval Madness is now far too close to the table and even passes through some polygons.

MedievalMadnessAttract.jpg
I had that same weird problem. I can't remember exactly what I did, but when I re-opened it to get a screenshot, it was fine. Are you using RadeonPro by any chance?

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Title Bug: Cirqus Voltaire Cannon ball run sideshow - Game camera not showing the backglass
Version: 1.22.7
---
Title Bug: Cirqus Voltaire: Flashers missing/not working
Version: First released version at steam - 1.22.7
Comment: Three of the yellow flashers are not doing anything, and I think the fourth one is missing.
Here's a photo of the real table, you can see the fourth flasher on the right.
http://i.imgur.com/E6SULWD.jpg
Pinball Arcade Table:
http://i.imgur.com/IsFBvsn.jpg

Last edited:

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
I had that same weird problem. I can't remember exactly what I did, but when I re-opened it to get a screenshot, it was fine. Are you using RadeonPro by any chance?
I have this problem too, but only in 1.22.7... Not using RadeonPro

russh1

Sep 1, 2012
Title Bug: Champion pub flasher not working
OS Version: Windows 7 64bit
Graphics Card: gtx 780
Display Mode: Full screen (portrait)
Display Resolution: 1200x1920

Comment: right red flasher under boxer is not working. You can check this by going to operator menu, then under flasher tests check boxer red. The left one works ok.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
Title Bug: New flipper delay
Graphics Card: Radeon 4870
Version #1.22.7

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Comment: I know there have been issues with flipper delay since launch but I never experienced them till now. I installed RadeonPro and set the Flip Queue Size to 0 and that did resolve the issue but I'm curious why this issue popped up all of a sudden? I haven't made any hardware/driver/etc. changes to my system that I think could have caused it.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Title Bug: Black Rose Special, when hitting the special in pirates cove correctly program tells you (DMD):"Special:0" no award, no Extraball
OS Version: Windows Vista
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 640
Version #1.22.7
Frequency of Occurrence: 80% every ball that enters pirates cove in Special mode

Expected Result: If you enter pirates cove while special is lit there, the game normally gives you an Extraball (description)

Actual Result:Entering pirates cove, when special lit don`t give you an Extraball as expected and shows "special:0" on DMD

Comment: I`m sinking two ships. Then I´m waiting, if I must hit the cove or the right lane for Special EB (limited time). Mostly it is pirates cove. I stop the ball with the right flipper and hit the cove in time. Unfortunately no Extra Ball. Sometimes the program works correct (about 2 out of 10 tries).

Last edited:

Vegard

Jan 2, 2014
Title Bug: Ball stuck during Monster Bash
OS Version: Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Graphics Card: GTX 670
Display Mode: Full screen (Portrait)
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: For the ball NOT to get stuck.
Actual Result: After I lost what I thought was my last ball (in multi-ball - but it was my first ball out of three), the counter during Monster Bash kept going down and wouldn't load the next ball.
Comment: Tried Call Attendant. Didn't work. Tried tilting the machine. Didn't work. So I started shaking it violently to try and pry the ball loose, but no. I did this for several minutes. I then paused it, alt-tabbed and came here.

However, when I nudged it, sometimes the bumper sounds would play. So I guess it probably got stuck at the top. Lights would flash down in the other area I put a blue circle around though, so I don't know.

Edit: Seems the alt-tab did the trick - after I went back to the game, it suddenly worked, gave me my next ball and I ended up with a new high score of 907 million. Weird bug; glad I didn't quit the game. I'm leaving the post up - if I hadn't been exceedingly patient, I would have lost a nice game.

k20Clxa.jpg

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Title Bug: Black Rose Special, when hitting the special in pirates cove correctly program tells you (DMD):"Special:0" no award, no Extraball
OS Version: Windows Vista
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 640
Version #1.22.7
Frequency of Occurrence: 80% every ball that enters pirates cove in Special mode

Expected Result: If you enter pirates cove while special is lit there, the game normally gives you an Extraball (description)

Actual Result:Entering pirates cove, when special lit don`t give you an Extraball as expected and shows "special:0" on DMD

Comment: I`m sinking two ships. Then I´m waiting, if I must hit the cove or the right lane for Special EB (limited time). Mostly it is pirates cove. I stop the ball with the right flipper and hit the cove in time. Unfortunately no Extra Ball. Sometimes the program works correct (about 2 out of 10 tries).

I think you are running into an extra ball stacking limit. if you already have an extra ball, you won't get the extra ball from the special. just a theory though.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Title Bug: All Tables
OS Version: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit
Graphics Card: Intel HD3000
Version 1.22.7
Display Resolution: 1366x768

Post processing causes big aliasing problem with large visible stepping all over the table but particularly at the top (almost as if viewed through a lenticular glass). This was previously an issue for many Radeon owners but was fixed a couple of versions back.

Also, having the graphics setting at maximum quality in the Intel HD3000 control panel causes some textures to corrupt (namely those that change due to flashing lights etc.) turning them into fuzzy multicoloured patches.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Title Bug: Black Rose high score bug
OS Version: Windows 7 32-bit
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 5870
Version #1.22.7

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time when a score higher than last place is achieved the game resets and pause is disabled with no record of the score or goals being saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.