(An attempt at) The top 40 TPA players from leaderboard scores

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
Thank you invitro. Would have been nicer, I did a marathon 24hr stream the day the leaderboards were off. I had a top 10 score in goin nuts, improved on a few others too. Was quite an amazing run for me. I am curious though how they come up with the Frankenstein rank? I made sure I pushed that machine the first night it was available on PS4 to get 10th, and I show up for 10th on the boards, why am I 11th here? 1st to max it out on PS4 though so I have that at least ;-) Other then that I've just been enjoying the machines! Keep on Flippin' guys.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I am curious though how they come up with the Frankenstein rank? I made sure I pushed that machine the first night it was available on PS4 to get 10th, and I show up for 10th on the boards, why am I 11th here?
I am going to average the points for tied scores. I haven't done it yet. Thanks for the reminder. I'll edit the list when I've got it done.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I am going to average the points for tied scores. I haven't done it yet. Thanks for the reminder. I'll edit the list when I've got it done.

As I said last month Frankenstein should be excluded from the list. It makes no sense, all first eleven places at 999....
Or give me the #1, I stood with 1999... above all at the first release day, corrected by Farsight later. :)

invitro

May 4, 2012
As I said last month Frankenstein should be excluded from the list.
If I ever implement the idea of "mastering" a table to get max points for it, there will be many tables with at least eleven people tied for first on it. So I'm not going to yet... there is still plenty of useful data in its leaderboard.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
As I said last month Frankenstein should be excluded from the list. It makes no sense, all first eleven places at 999....

here's a visual example of what invitro meant by "average the points", as the number of first places increases the [R] rank thats given for the point formula decreases, so no one gets 100 pts for Frankenstein but ranking first on Frankenstein at the moment awards you 81.12 pts, if there becomes a 12th person with a maxed score it becomes 79.25 pts and so on.

excluding No Fear I should be at 162 pts, versus 180.89pts, with the rank averaging on Frankenstein.. well probably more I didn't factor in deleted scores on my recent big shot PR

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I think there's a new suspicious score on Haunted House (bogus/glitched, not hacked):

Code:
garett44  Rank: #6 (psn)  Score: 7,797,420

He played on 21 tables, his best ranks after this one are #592 on Victory, #1124 on Space Shuttle, #1457 on White Water, #1748 on T2, then all of his scores are above #2000.

http://www.pinballarcade.com/Leaderboards/UserDetail/?r=/GPePJ43mBS/xq+gtiukeMEspz4a6F7trngVuTzfzak=

Haunted House not being a table on which an "accidental" very good highscore can happen...

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
[MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION], On the Supergame, my game got bugged by the rollover and registered as 12 billion. Can you remove the 10 billion points and adjust rankings as needed?

invitro

May 4, 2012
@invitro, On the Supergame, my game got bugged by the rollover and registered as 12 billion. Can you remove the 10 billion points and adjust rankings as needed?
Like SC Assault, I'm not going to use the Supergame in rankings. But thanks for letting me know! :) Hopefully regular JD doesn't have rollover troubles.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
How do you get a chance to be ranked in the top 100 TPA tables? Is it by playing a normal 'my tables' game etc? Would give me something to aim for. :)

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
How do you get a chance to be ranked in the top 100 TPA tables? Is it by playing a normal 'my tables' game etc? Would give me something to aim for. :)
This is a fan made leaderboard with a point system across half the current table selection so you need to be logged into a Farsight account while ingame, connected to the internet (perferably LAN or wifi (some people report mobile data not posting scores)), and score high on a bunch of tables. a single player game, under My Tables

I'm trying to keep track myself of what kind of effort is required on what, if only half the tables are counted towards a score just focus on the tables you do well on.

Last edited:

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
"
This is a fan made leaderboard with a point system across half the current table selection so you need to be logged into a Farsight account while ingame, connected to the internet (perferably LAN or wifi (some people report mobile data not posting scores)), and score high on a bunch of tables. a single player game, under My Tables

I'm trying to keep track myself of what kind of effort is required on what, if only half the tables are counted towards a score just focus on the tables you do well on.

I'm pretty sure invitro bases the scores on all tables. If you go further back and read some more of the thread the scoring is explained. invitro is,I'm pretty sure, some kind of numbers genius. He does an amazing job here. It is a noble cause to chase a spot on the coveted top 100.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
It's half the tables because not all platforms have access to newly released tables, some platforms are perpetually 4 months behind, and it also gives players a sort of choice instead of an obligation.

I've read through this whole thread and I've been able to recreate his score system for myself in excel, his forumla looks like this as an array formula
{=SUM(100*EXP(-0.0465*SMALL(C4:C69-1,{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33})))}
sorts the array from smallest to biggest up to the 33rd spot, does the scoring system with exponents, then sums them up.

the specific post by invitro

I've only posted well on 9 tables which gets me around to the mid-high 40's, I have to double/triple that number to get to the top 20, more than triple to get into the top 10.

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'm pretty sure invitro bases the scores on all tables. If you go further back and read some more of the thread the scoring is explained.
Nah, a person gets points for only their top ceil(N/2) scores, where N is the current number of tables, and ceil() is the round-up function. As long as the code works anyway :). This is done to give a bit of a break to people who don't want to have to play all the tables, or who haven't purchased them all, or don't have them all on their platform. Like many good ideas, it comes from vikingerik, IIRC.

I'm getting ready to run the next top 100. I still don't have averaging in for Frankenstein, and I haven't looked for new hack/glitch scores yet.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
tables like TAF Gold, modes like Assault on the Vault and Super Game are excluded from the equation.

Well, something happened on Bride of Pinbot.. I don't know if that persons scores have already been omitted from your listing or not invitro. looks like they continued their score editing to AFM, CC, CPark, CV etc.. BoP might have been the first or perhaps big shot some time ago.

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Well, something happened on Bride of Pinbot.. I don't know if that persons scores have already been omitted from your listing or not invitro.
A quintillion! I've marked it as bad. Thanks for letting me know. That username, LYK, is familiar, but I don't know why, maybe some tournament... I don't have any record of bad scores for him.

invitro

May 4, 2012
A quintillion! I've marked it as bad. Thanks for letting me know. That username, LYK, is familiar, but I don't know why, maybe some tournament... I don't have any record of bad scores for him.
Check that last statement: LYK also has impossible scores on CV and CC, and appeared to have sniped the #1 scores on AFM, BH, CentPk, and maybe more, by having a score like 1,010,010 greater. I've added him to the hackers list.

Edit: oops, I didn't read relaxation's edit above before posting this... thanks for the extra info. :)

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
I've tagged several scores from OSX players on certain tables as glitches. I think many or all happened around August 10, 2015... I didn't record the date when I was making notes. The usernames are drimblewedge, righty59, phonie, cinebxl, kaili, LeasideDad, steve.etchie@gmail.com, and the tables are BK, CC, CentPk, CPub, Cyclone, DrDude, Funhouse, HS, PinBot, SST, and Victory. Find and view the pages of these users for more info. :)

I want to look at more scores before running the top 100. I'll post it today (Monday) for sure. I guess it's time to move this thing to Monday permanently.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.