PC v1.24.8 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for the PC version 1.23.9 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Bug report template
You must be able to reproduce a bug more than once before reporting.
And make sure to reproduce it yourself more than 10 times to accurately calculate the frequency.

Title Bug: Begin the title with one of the following: Crash, Art, Display, Performance, Physics, or General. Then state where the bug occurs, followed by a brief description. Ex: “General – Scared Stiff: Ball goes through Crate at high velocity”
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 555m
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen):
Display Mode: “Windowed/Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “640x480, 800x600, 1024x768”

Frequency of Occurrence: “60% of the time” , “Every ball that enters the crate”

Expected Result: “During 'Crate Multiball' ball enters the crate and is launched back into play from the right”
Actual Result:”Entering the crate at maximum velocity causes the ball to fly through the crate into the deadheads”

Comment: Please be descriptive. Explain the steps taken to produce the bug and explain exactly what happened as a result.

In cases where it crashes before the main menu:
Contents of Log.txt, and possibly the contents of MemLog.txt (only if we request it)
Both of those files will be in the Pinball Arcade installation folder within steam.

\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade Under the steam installation

For most people that is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

p6800

May 17, 2013
STTNG "search the galaxy" mission is broken!

It doesn't end after the gamma shot and doesn't award the wizzard goal. Tried it 5 times and got the same result.

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
I still have the high score two player bug. It happens literally every time I get a high score in two player. My girlfriend really wants to like playing this with me, but that bug is a showstopper. Its been there since launch, please fix this.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Title: Scared Stiff Monster Mania Plunger Cam Bug
Ram: 8gb
Frequency: once, but only achieved it once, so unsure.
What happening: plunger can stuck through the entire multiball duration.

Pinballs

Feb 20, 2014
Title Bug: Camera - Medieval Madness: Flyover (Intro camera) is set way too low.. it passes through the front of the pinball cabinet.
OS Version: Windows 8 - 64 bit
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 460 1GB DDR5
Ram: 8 GB
Version #: 1.24.8
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1280x720 / 1920x1080 / 1920x1200

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Comment:The camera is also set too low on "Goin' Nuts" and "Flight 2000", but not as bad as "Medieval Madness".

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I believe this is a physics issue.

if the back target isn't struck when the ball drops into the NZ hole you get credited with command decision/rank increase instead. Happens on real table too on weak shots.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
STTNG "search the galaxy" mission is broken!

It doesn't end after the gamma shot and doesn't award the wizzard goal. Tried it 5 times and got the same result.

are you sure that you do shots in right order (alpha, beta, gamma)? had no such problem

p6800

May 17, 2013
are you sure that you do shots in right order (alpha, beta, gamma)? had no such problem

Doh...

The bug is new. In the past it wasn't an issue, but after i lost all goals and scores i found out about this. I did this more than five times. After the gamma shot you get a crystal, the mission doesn't end and you hear the voice telling you to shoot for gamma.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Central park - unlimited replays
Draining ball 5 automatically switched the counter back to ball 4. Aborted after a decent score :)
Restart of game fixed it.

p6800

May 17, 2013
I want to add something about the 360 wireless gamepad and some othe stuff:

- If you start TPA without first powering up the wireless gamepad, force feedback wil NOT work. Even if you go into settings and disable/enable force feedback, it won't work. The gamepad woks just fine if it's started whenever, just the force feedback is dead. For proper force feedback, the gamepad must be started befor TPA launch. Could this be fixed?

- I love black rose! After all this time, isn't anyone at Farsight fixing the ball shine? I've posted here with pictures how it shoul look - http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...n-and-Feedback?p=129141&viewfull=1#post129141
Besides the ball, i also feel the rails and other silver elements need that nice silver SHINE! Can anyone argue that the ball and rails look fine here? http://s12.postimg.org/p4dae3fwt/2014_01_19_00005.jpg

- I also love BK2k. I see this thread where a guy does a nice job pointing out wrong things http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/7374-BK2K-feedback-from-a-(somewhat-nit-picky)-owner Why not work on making it better with that feedback?

Here is an idea:

As we only have a new table per month, why not have a new table plus a rereleased/fixed/updated table? Where is the shame in that? So you got the wrong cap orientation in bk2k. Ok, you fix that in no time along with what the community finds wrong and easy and you update the table!

The more you don't fix stuff, the more they pileup as new tables get released!

Last edited:

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
I want to add something about the 360 wireless gamepad and some othe stuff:

- If you start TPA without first powering up the wireless gamepad, force feedback wil NOT work. Even if you go into settings and disable/enable force feedback, it won't work. The gamepad woks just fine if it's started whenever, just the force feedback is dead. For proper force feedback, the gamepad must be started befor TPA launch. Could this be fixed?

This should be fixed in the next build. I'll pass the rest of your feedback on.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Here is an idea:

As we only have a new table per month, why not have a new table plus a rereleased/fixed/updated table? Where is the shame in that? So you got the wrong cap orientation in bk2k. Ok, you fix that in no time along with what the community finds wrong and easy and you update the table!

The more you don't fix stuff, the more they pileup as new tables get released!
*cough*FP/BK emulation*cough*
(and also the laughing sound when locking a ball in BK2K shouldn't be there, as someone pointed out in the BK2K area of the forum)

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Title Bug: Camera - Medieval Madness: Flyover (Intro camera) is set way too low.. it passes through the front of the pinball cabinet.
OS Version: Windows 8 - 64 bit
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 460 1GB DDR5
Ram: 8 GB
Display Resolution: 1280x720 / 1920x1080 / 1920x1200

Comment:The camera is also set too low on "Goin' Nuts" and "Flight 2000", but not as bad as "Medieval Madness".

bad camera on lot of tables (MM, TOM, WD). happened after last update of nvidia driver 335.23

Update: installed old driver - camera is still messed up. Also the playfield is cut off at the front right at the flippers. Central drain hole is not visible any more.
Pleas fix this. Before it was fine.
I'm playing in portrait mode 1920x1080 by the way (cabinet).

Maybe it was the french language update...

Last edited:
R

Rhandos

Title Bug: Flashers on CV are broken
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 650m
Ram: 8GB
Display Mode: Full screen
Display Resolution: 1680x1050
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
Expected Result: The orange/red flashers around the edge of the playfield should contribute to the light show - one prominent example: During ball lock, all flashers fire after each other to a drummroll.
Comment: The are just a dull orange for the entire game. They have been working during beta, but have been broken since vs 0.015.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
bad camera on lot of tables (MM, TOM, WD). happened after last update of nvidia driver 335.23

Update: installed old driver - camera is still messed up. Also the playfield is cut off at the front right at the flippers. Central drain hole is not visible any more.
Pleas fix this. Before it was fine.
I'm playing in portrait mode 1920x1080 by the way (cabinet).

Maybe it was the french language update...

Flyby cameras were changed for PS4, and someone accidentally overwrote wrong positions on a few tables. That should be fixed in our next release.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Thanks for the news about the cameras.

I don't know if fs is aware of "The PINK", but it was mentioned in many table threads. The issue is a pinkish hue, that mostly affects metal and white surfaces on the playfield. Some tables really look very unnatural / funny / awful.

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
Title: Black Rose Replay @ 30,000,000: General - When I reach about 30,000,000 points in a game, I'm suppose to receive a replay (extra ball). However, I never received one when I reach 30 million points.
OS Version: Windows 7
RAM: 4 GB (3.25 GB usable)
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670 @ 1GB
Version: 1.23.7 (I think...)
Display Resolution: 1366x768

Expected Results: Earn a replay once reached 30,000,000 points
Actual Results: No replay is earned once reached 30,000,000 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online