PC v1.25.10 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Please post your PC version 1.25.10 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Change list for v1.25.10, from Mike Reitmeyer:

- Changed TM to (R) for Gottlieb.
- Added High Speed
- Added Challenge Mode

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Yes, finally it's there, thanks so much guys! This is beyond awesome! My favourite pinball machine of all times, I am sooooo happy right now. :)

You did a great job on this (as usual), it feels like being back in the 80's, spending hours and hours with friends playing this table.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
I think I already can guess the answer, but did any of the old tables get the updated lighting that High Speed uses?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I like the new lighting technique they are using on this table. Any ideas if this will be added to previous tables at all??

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I can't purchase HighSpeed on steam. The price in TPA appears as ERROR. Clicking BUY does nothing........................ disappointing.

I'm not keen on the dark lighting either. Having played the Android release with new high quality textures I actually much prefer the Android version on my Nexus 7!!! :-0

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
Besides from High Speed and the "Challenge" tab, there's really nothing different about this version...

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I get CTDs at random, 4 so far (I think), 3 in High Speed, once (just now) in Attack From Mars. All since upgrading to 1.25.10, and also all since starting to use an X360 wireless controller.

These are not genuine CTDs, in so far as the PinballArcade.exe process is still running, and there's still an icon on my taskbar, but I can't force the game back to the foreground and I have to kill the process. I can't reproduce it - it happens at random. I sometimes see similar things happen with other games, but only after I've deliberately pressed Alt+Tab. I'm definitely not touching the keyboard when this happens, both my hands are on the controller.

System specs, in case they're relevant: i7-2600, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, GTX760 2Gb, 1280x1024.

N

netizen

I'm not keen on the dark lighting either. Having played the Android release with new high quality textures I actually much prefer the Android version on my Nexus 7!!! :-0

I'm split. I really like the way they use the false GI lighting to over accent alpha planes during the light shows. I can totally imagine how it would be blinding on the HD resolution of newer 'droids, but at the same time I do appreciate being able to see all the little details with no mipmapping and higher LOD settings in a "brighter" atmosphere.

it's a balancing act to try and show what can be done in many ways.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm split. I really like the way they use the false GI lighting to over accent alpha planes during the light shows. I can totally imagine how it would be blinding on the HD resolution of newer 'droids, but at the same time I do appreciate being able to see all the little details with no mipmapping and higher LOD settings in a "brighter" atmosphere.

it's a balancing act to try and show what can be done in many ways.
Exactly. I'm glad they chose to try it with HS though, because the light show kinda looks arse without the GI effect on iOS.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Well hopefully they add an option in the future to have this lightning tech enabled or disabled

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Really? It's not like the balls ever in play while the GI is fake off. I think it's a great look personally. You can barely even see it with it disabled.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Really? It's not like the balls ever in play while the GI is fake off. I think it's a great look personally. You can barely even see it with it disabled.

Agreed, I hope they try something like this with AFM for strobe multiball.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Agreed, I hope they try something like this with AFM for strobe multiball.
Yup. Although strobe is just a few flashers (vs GI flashing), yes? I don't see any reason the lighting couldn't be faked for that as well, at least on PC.

Good thinking!

R

Rhandos

I hope they continue to bring GI lightning into both new and old tables. The current tech on HS still looks a little bit weird, like a texture getting replaced instantly, but it's a welcome start :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts