Android - Request One more touch scheme for portrait

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I find myself switching back and forth between type A and type E and I'm not satisfied with them. A is good for shake nudge but that leads to some other issues with oversensitivity and then tilts, especially on some video modes.
The issue with A is that L/R nudge zones are to high.
The issue with E is that L/R flipper zone is to narrow.

Proposition is, make another one (or modify C) with one that has flipper zones as wide as on A but at least as low as on E. Ideally, height shoud be the same as width on A.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I find myself switching back and forth between type A and type E and I'm not satisfied with them. A is good for shake nudge but that leads to some other issues with oversensitivity and then tilts, especially on some video modes.
The issue with A is that L/R nudge zones are to high.
The issue with E is that L/R flipper zone is to narrow.

Proposition is, make another one (or modify C) with one that has flipper zones as wide as on A but at least as low as on E. Ideally, height shoud be the same as width on A.

It would be so awesome if we could scale the zones ourselves. Dunno how hard that would be to implement though.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
It's been discussed a bit here with programmers, you could say it seems the way it is now is the best that could be done at that point.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
It's been discussed a bit here with programmers, you could say it seems the way it is now is the best that could be done at that point.
hmmmm...... but it isn't. Tablets have much bigger bezels than phones. And while I do agree that customizable touch zones are maybe to much to ask (and I dont need that) I don't see why adding one more fixed scheme would be such a big problem.

N

netizen

Were lucky we even got the E touch zone template. Originally it was just going to be A-D, but feedback directly to a programmer got E laid out and mocked, mostly for my big hands playing in portrait after the adjustable special button had been implemented.

Damn Stuart was one cool dude.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Bumping this request, [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]. How hard would it be to add this layout for iOS and Android?

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
THX
something like this is what I have in mind
2mwxroz.jpg

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Bumping this request, [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]. How hard would it be to add this layout for iOS and Android?

So the touch scheme (g) would have the width of A, but with the height of E? And everything else the same?

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
So the touch scheme (g) would have the width of A, but with the height of E? And everything else the same?
thanx for looking into this...
no, G would have width of A and the height shuould be approximately the same as the width. I'm bad at photoshop but there's that grey line just below the original scheme frame. Maybe a bit higher, up to the coin door.
I'm playing in portrait only and nugde zones are to high. I tried to hold the tablet more on the sides an not on the corners but then my thumbs blocking the view. And the bottom corners are empty so perfect place for tapping.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
thanx for looking into this...
no, G would have width of A and the height shuould be approximately the same as the width. I'm bad at photoshop but there's that grey line just below the original scheme frame. Maybe a bit higher, up to the coin door.
I'm playing in portrait only and nugde zones are to high. I tried to hold the tablet more on the sides an not on the corners but then my thumbs blocking the view. And the bottom corners are empty so perfect place for tapping.

Absolutely, I'm always happy to look into features that you guys want. The fact that we have multiple touch schemes makes me hopeful that it won't be hard to have another, so I will definitely be looking into this. When I get to actually putting values in I will come back and ask for specifically what the touch scheme should like so that it can be exactly what you guys want. What I'm hearing so far is:

- Flipper left and right: Width of A and height = width of A.
- Nudge zones: lower?

So just let me know (or draw out) exactly what you guys are looking for so that when I get to it I'll be able to put it a touch scheme that works best for you!

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
man, I'm so bad at PS so I'll try with words first.
So the idea is to use scheme A as a base, keep the width of the flipper zones as is and the upward nudge as is but make them shorter so that L/R nudge zones are lower, even lower than on scheme E.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
man, I'm so bad at PS so I'll try with words first.
So the idea is to use scheme A as a base, keep the width of the flipper zones as is and the upward nudge as is but make them shorter so that L/R nudge zones are lower, even lower than on scheme E.

Aha! That helps a lot. I'll work on this when I have some free time and get back to you when I have something to show!

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
THX, I'm really glad that that you'll look into this.

....and a lousy PS
11gnjow.jpg

I scaled this to fit my tablet and this should work. But I would like to hear others on this subject. If this happens I don't want to be "the" guy responsible for lousy scheme.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
THX, I'm really glad that that you'll look into this.
Thanks for investigating this. Kinggo raised this as a pain point in another thread so I thought it deserved another look. As always, thanks for continuing to improve the offering [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION]

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Thanks for investigating this. Kinggo raised this as a pain point in another thread so I thought it deserved another look. As always, thanks for continuing to improve the offering [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION]

Absolutely. This is why I love these forums. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have ever known people wanted a different control scheme.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I forgot to add those diagonal nudge zones. So upper part should be divided in 4 parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts