Beta 1.30 (8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Hey Pin wiz,

I'm looking to fix as many of these as I can today! I wanted to ask you first about the nudging issue. This does not occur on my device, and i'm guessing its because we have different options selected. When you get a chance could you go into the options menu and tell me what your "Button position" and your "Touch scheme" is? Mine is:

Touch Scheme: A
Button Position: Top

And i'm not having the issue.

Thanks!!

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Possibly related, I have my plunge button configured in the extreme bottom right corner. when i press the button to launch the ball, the DMD switches from gargoyles to STATUS REPORT and then back to gargoyles. Very weird.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Hey Pin wiz,

I'm looking to fix as many of these as I can today! I wanted to ask you first about the nudging issue. This does not occur on my device, and i'm guessing its because we have different options selected. When you get a chance could you go into the options menu and tell me what your "Button position" and your "Touch scheme" is? Mine is:

Thanks!!

I've got the button set to 40% which puts it right above the flipper zone but into the nudge zone. I had a brief foray into touch nudging until I quickly got annoyed with it and went back to shake...it does occur, but the button has to be in one of the touch zones. It will activate the flipper if it's in the flipper zone.
If you change the button position to 40% it should happen for you as well. [MENTION=31]PiN WiZ[/MENTION] for notification purposes.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
yes, button must be in the touch zone and nudge is 100% certain. The question is why do we need to use launch button at all? On other tables touch anywhere on the right is enough.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
yes, button must be in the touch zone and nudge is 100% certain. The question is why do we need to use launch button at all? On other tables touch anywhere on the right is enough.

To hit Dracula when he crosses his eyes to activate Fluffy.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
Yes, I hate having to use the launch button on this table! So uncomfortable to have to reposition my hands on the tablet after launch. Really hoping we can lose the event camera view for launch and just be able to use right flipper button to launch. Would make for a much better, and much more consistent user experience.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Yes, I hate having to use the launch button on this table! So uncomfortable to have to reposition my hands on the tablet after launch. Really hoping we can lose the event camera view for launch and just be able to use right flipper button to launch. Would make for a much better, and much more consistent user experience.

Were working on increasing the size of the dead zone around the launch button and the camera bug that's zoomed in as well.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
My short finding :
* Launch ball & Nudge Zone(see above)
*The Highscore in the Hud is not correct, if the 3rd ball served
* during multiball (2balls) suddenly the flippers are not reacted, ball drained and I was in the 1st wave to shoot. the Werwolf

Working on the ball lunch button.
The high score that is displayed is the high score you are close to passing.
We are aware of the ball count issue that is allowing Video mode to start while there are other active balls on the table.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hey Pin wiz,

Thanks!!

Touch Scheme : E
Button Position : 35%

...and as I stated, I have this same setup on all tables with a launch button and they all work as expected which means when I press the launch button, the nudge zone directly beneath it doesn't activate. I only have this issue on BSD.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
To hit Dracula when he crosses his eyes to activate Fluffy.
I get that, it has to be there. But can't we get the option to launch just like on other tables? Repositioning hands for launching is uncomfortable.
But please, before all that fix that ball speed issues on the inlines.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
[MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]

Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Pressing the launch button activates the nudge zone underneath it at the same time. When pressing the launch button, it should not activate the nudge zone directly beneath it...see Attack from Mars (or any other table with a launch button) for reference.

The ball has too much momentum when dropping down from the left habitrail onto the inlane that feeds the left flipper. The ball should slow down a bit when it drops down from the left habitrail onto the inlane.

• Pressing the Home or Power button on my device then returning to the game results in the "Up" flipper sound to become inaudible.

• Nudging is way too forgiving and needs to be adjusted.

• All three pop bumper caps (tops) should be transparent.

• The artwork on the left slingshot plastic just below the screw that secures the habitrail to the slingshot plastic needs to be cleaned up as there seems to be a patch of white that shouldn't be there.

• There's a weird flasher effect (that doesn't look right) at the base of the front of the coffin when the top of the coffin flashes. This can be seen when you're getting ready to launch a ball and Dracula says "Welcome to my home".

• The mist ball needs to shake a bit more (as it did in the previous builds) as it's being dragged across the playfield.

• When the Castle Lock lightning bolt cutout flashes slow, you can see quick flashes of purple when it should actually be quick bright flashes of orange. The Castle Lock lightning bolt cutout should flash the same way the 2X lightning bolt cutout flashes.

• When two balls are locked, you can hear them repeatedly banging against each other after your game has ended.

Suggestions

• Please consider removing the event camera that zooms in on the gargoyle lights on the back wall of the table when a ball is in the plunger lane. This feature seems very out of place and is unnecessary when most players prefer using the DMD to gauge the skill shot.

• Please implement a splash screen that displays info about The Addams Family kickstarter with a direct link to it.

Launch button fix will be in the next build.

Ball momentum and the collision at the end of the rail is still in the works.

Were looking into the odd flipper sounds after selecting home.

Pop bumper caps should have some transparency in the next build.

The weird coffin lighting effect that makes the coffin look weird is because of slightly misplaced alpha.

We can't make the mist ball shake more because it will allow the ball to be easily nudged off it's path. This was resulting in a few ball count issues.

The flasher for the cutout should be fixed in the next build.

The knocking should be fixed in the next build.

The "event camera" is not supposed to be in the game and should be fixed in the next build.

The kickstarter screen cannot be put in until we have the link available which will be tomorrow.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Launch button fix will be in the next build.

Ball momentum and the collision at the end of the rail is still in the works.

Were looking into the odd flipper sounds after selecting home.

Pop bumper caps should have some transparency in the next build.

The weird coffin lighting effect that makes the coffin look weird is because of slightly misplaced alpha.

We can't make the mist ball shake more because it will allow the ball to be easily nudged off it's path. This was resulting in a few ball count issues.

The flasher for the cutout should be fixed in the next build.

The knocking should be fixed in the next build.

The "event camera" is not supposed to be in the game and should be fixed in the next build.

The kickstarter screen cannot be put in until we have the link available which will be tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm going to assume that the nudging sensitivity will remain the same...correct?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks for the feedback and I'm going to assume that the nudging sensitivity will remain the same...correct?

It's something that were looking into. I pushed the issue again this morning when I came in but the idea is that the nudging would resemble the blackrose and bk2k nudging.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Why not move the button into the flipper zone then?
and then what? I mean, I am open to all ideas because touch schmes as they are are not good enough. The button has additional function and as on all other tables that have extra buttons or launch buttons with additional functions (T2, magnasave....), placement is an issue for people who play on large touch screens. If one uses shake nudge (I don't) then he can place them lower and then maybe he can reach them easy but if one use touch nudge then using those extra button is a pain or even impossible because they are to high. I don't (can't) use magnasave at all, there's no time to reposition tablet/my fingers on time to activate it or to return to normal holding position if I miss.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Had two castle locks, manually plunged the third ball into play and another one was incorrectly auto plunged so I had two balls in play.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
and then what? I mean, I am open to all ideas because touch schmes as they are are not good enough. The button has additional function and as on all other tables that have extra buttons or launch buttons with additional functions (T2, magnasave....), placement is an issue for people who play on large touch screens. If one uses shake nudge (I don't) then he can place them lower and then maybe he can reach them easy but if one use touch nudge then using those extra button is a pain or even impossible because they are to high. I don't (can't) use magnasave at all, there's no time to reposition tablet/my fingers on time to activate it or to return to normal holding position if I miss.
Go into Table Options, scroll down until you find Button Position, and adjust to your liking. There are 21 different vertical positions.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Go into Table Options, scroll down until you find Button Position, and adjust to your liking. There are 21 different vertical positions.
OK, now we are really off here......... I know that. But buttons have advantage over touches for flippers or nudge. I'm using scheme E which has the shortest touch zone. And IMO, it is still to high to comfortably reach the nudge zone. If I place the launch (or any other) button at 20% then it is still in the flipper zone and that leads to ocasional touches during the game which leads to not flipping when you wanted to. If I place it on 25% or 30% then my touch zone for nudge is even higher. And that's why I'm saying that it's not good enough.
For games with only one button (not doable for BK) and with touch scheme E the possible solution is to put the button on 0% but in the middle because touch zone for upward nudge is huge and that would do. Or left/right in the nudge zone, there's plenty of space. Maybe it would be doable even for BK since its buttons are smaller then launch button for T2, ST:TNG and so on. And placing those two buttons on the bottom would still leave enough space for comfortable upward nudge.
All this comes from perspective of someone who plays portrait only on 7" device. And my hands are quite big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.