Thread: First impressions?

My Devices
    iPad 2, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, PS4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dechampfleury View Post
    Bonjour, j'aime ce flipper mais j'en ai plein le dos des coulantes...serieux...il faut etre ultra alerte et en super forme physique pour jouer à ce flip ! Bref, cool mais trop trop lassant ces balles perdues...
    Bienvenue sur le forum !

Je suis heureux de voir que vous vous plaisez dans ce tableau , je pense qu'il est amusant aussi.
    ------------------------–----------------------------------------------------------------
    Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre
    Pinball Arcade Account Name: ISuckAtPins
    Wii U ID: FocusFusion
    PS4 ID: richc111

My Devices
    Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 (10.1) / PS3
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superballs View Post
    Bonjour Dechampfleury, au moins je te comprends, mais je crois que vous vous profiterez bien de parler en anglais ici. Si vous connaisez mon bon ami @Heretic tu verrais que votre anglais doit past être tres bien non plus.

En tout cas, bienvenue a TPAF.
    Congratulations for your french language skills. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain B. Zarre View Post
    Bienvenue sur le forum !

Je suis heureux de voir que vous vous plaisez dans ce tableau , je pense qu'il est amusant aussi.
    Not bad.
    But I'm not sure you understood the real meaning of his post.
    Last edited by Dedpop; 11-08-2014 at 07:47 PM.

My Devices
    iTouch,New New iPad, iPad Air, Steam
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ¿Qué?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungi View Post
    ¿Qué?
    Last edited by Dedpop; 11-08-2014 at 08:47 PM.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedpop View Post
    Not bad.
    Didn't he basically say, "I like it but it's a drain monster?"

I mean my French is seriously rusty these days. Particularly entirely forgetting that pinball is usually referred to as "flipper" or "le flip", given I spent 9 months in Grenoble and practically lived in an arcade with over a dozen tables. Well, it was 20 years ago.
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    Didn't he basically say, "I like it but it's a drain monster?"

I mean my French is seriously rusty these days. Particularly entirely forgetting that pinball is usually referred to as "flipper" or "le flip", given I spent 9 months in Grenoble and practically lived in an arcade with over a dozen tables. Well, it was 20 years ago.
    It's exactly that : "I would love to like it but it's a f****** drain monster"
    Pinball is called "flipper" in France. Or "le flip" (that's really funny you remembered about this).
    I used to lived in Rochester, NY and in England & Ireland when I was younger but I realized my english is still so bad.
    When you don't practise a language, it fades.
    Garde ton amour pour le flip mon ami !

My Devices
    iPad 2, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, PS4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations for your french language skills. Really.

Not bad.
    Ouais , @Hairytic est un gars bizarre , a oublié de le mentionner. Il affiche rarement mais ses messages sont très drôle , et pas du tout l'anglais . Na pas traduire votre courrier avant donc je suis désolé .
    ------------------------–----------------------------------------------------------------
    Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre
    Pinball Arcade Account Name: ISuckAtPins
    Wii U ID: FocusFusion
    PS4 ID: richc111

My Devices
    XBOX One S, Galaxy Note 10+, Windows 10 PC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's exactly that : "I would love to like it but it's a f****** drain monster"
    Pinball is called "flipper" in France. Or "le flip" (that's really funny you remembered about this).
    I used to lived in Rochester, NY and in England & Ireland when I was younger but I realized my english is still so bad.
    When you don't practise a language, it fades.
    Garde ton amour pour le flip mon ami !
    I'm in serious danger of losing my french. But at least in written for I can slow down and think about it. Oddly enough, where I learned all my french, practically nobody speaks it.

I've spoken french since I was young and until high school where I opted for French immersion, which I considered English immersion, my education was in an exclusively french school board.

I consider french my first and a half language as if I can speak regularly for a week or so I can finally shape the sounds properly again and rid myself of that horrible English accent lol
    I used to use Windows Vista, then I took an Aero in the knee

XBL -> SilverballNut

Check out my latest PinVlog - Big Shot Commentary and Strategy

Older videos can be found here:
    High Speed Impression and Commentary

My Devices
    Ipad, PC
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    careful

My Devices
    Ipad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome...to my hooome. Okay, i'll speak english now

My Devices
    Ipad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But you'll be ok that this table drain so much. Anybody had all the multiball at the same time and x2 and x3 enlightned? If x2andx3 at the same moment is possible...i don't know. And is there some special mode that can be activated exept multiball rats, video mode ?

My Devices
    Androids
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this table, though it can be really damn frustrating.

Had a few so-so games going the other day. Then, when close to both castle and coffin multiball, I activated mist multiball. Activated another multiball from there, then just kept flipping. Before I know it all three are activated and I got several "THIRRRRRRTY MILLION" shots.

Killed Dracula too. And a couple castle jackpots. Love the "I just want to cut off her head and take out her heart" callout. This table has such great atmosphere.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah this game will kick you HARD a lot of the time, but when you can actually get something going, it's so fun, and that good game makes all the previous ones you suffered through well worth it.

That is the draw of this table. Since every locked ball feeds the bumpers, the game can go bad at any time, no matter how well you play. Or the bumpers can cooperate and you can go for ages without a drain. Once you get your flippers on the ball, any drains are your fault... until you make another lock.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the theme of this table. The game itself is good but I hate the feeling that unless you stack all three multiballs together (which is really hard to coordinate correctly), you're earning chump change. Makes you feel like most of the time you're making no progress. And it's a real pain when you trigger one of them and have to work all the way round for another. It plays a little bit differently, so props for that, but not one of my favourites.

My Devices
    ps3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, not worth the effort and aggravation... I get very little enjoyment playing this... constantly drains... maybe the top players (that say they do not want the games easy) in here are happy with it. For me, it is only aggravating to play and I doubt anyone new to pinball arcade will enjoy this one. Too bad, because it would be an enjoyable game to play if not so difficult. Maybe there are some things to be exploited on this one like the monotonous STTNG jackpot and T2 loop. If there are, I am not interested.

My Devices
    XBox 360, PS3, Xbox One and PS4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Devices
    PC, iPad 2 & iPad Air 2 (main)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice vid Mark, and not to take anything away from it, but it is apparent that nudging on other platforms like XBox and PS3 (and also PC if I'm correct) is much easier, because the amount of nudging that you use would have led to at least a tilt (warning) on iOS. It seems that there is a soft nudging possible? On iOS it's harde nudge or no nudge, nothing between!
    iOS HOF 67.272 as of May 2018

My Devices
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could be right. I scored 23b on the Xbox One version. What is the best IOS score?

My Devices
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's hard to say because it's unclear a. if all scores over all platforms are posted to the same leaderboards. Some have said that mobile has it's own leaderboards but I can clearly see PC scores there also (I know this because I know VikingErik plays only on PC). There is a 23B score on the leaderboards I see, but the name attached is "Failsight", is this your name? Others also have said that the consoles have their own leaderboards because the consoles protocols won't allow posting to leaderboards outside of their own systems. and b. if there are multiple platforms in the leaderboards, I can't see on which platform the score was achieved. The top score on the leaderboard I see is 63B by Sir_Moovenstein, and with a quick search, this seems to be a Playstation user (but he may also be playing on iOS if he has multiple systems). This kind of challenges the idea that console scores are not posted to the leaderboards.

I've recently had a discussion with VikingErik who confirmed the idea that on PC there are "soft nudges" possible that won't easily trigger tilt and tilt warnings. He acknowledged that this in part helps him achieve his monstrous scores, without taking anything away from the fact that even with this, he is a phenomenal player in his own right.

* and while perusing the online leaderboards I saw a near 4.8B score on Terminator by Mark_Miwurdz. On which platform was that?
    Last edited by Slam23; 01-14-2015 at 02:09 AM.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slam23 View Post
    That's hard to say because it's unclear a. if all scores over all platforms are posted to the same leaderboards. Some have said that mobile has it's own leaderboards but I can clearly see PC scores there also (I know this because I know VikingErik plays only on PC). There is a 23B score on the leaderboards I see, but the name attached is "Failsight", is this your name? Others also have said that the consoles have their own leaderboards because the consoles protocols won't allow posting to leaderboards outside of their own systems. and b. if there are multiple platforms in the leaderboards, I can't see on which platform the score was achieved. The top score on the leaderboard I see is 63B by Sir_Moovenstein, and with a quick search, this seems to be a Playstation user (but he may also be playing on iOS if he has multiple systems). This kind of challenges the idea that console scores are not posted to the leaderboards.

I've recently had a discussion with VikingErik who confirmed the idea that on PC there are "soft nudges" possible that won't easily trigger tilt and tilt warnings. He acknowledged that this in part helps him achieve his monstrous scores, without taking anything away from the fact that even with this, he is a phenomenal player in his own right.

* and while perusing the online leaderboards I saw a near 4.8B score on Terminator by Mark_Miwurdz. On which platform was that?
    That was done on a PS3. I have since mastered T2 and can now play indefinitely. I recently stopped at 20b on the Xbox One version. My Dracula score was done there. The Xbox One leaderboard is unadulterated. O n the mixed leaderboard. scores done on the PS3 and PS4 do not tell you the platfotm, there's no suffix.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...g=eyJpIjoiYiJ9
    https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...g=eyJpIjoiYiJ9

My Devices
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every score I've posted to the mixed leaderboard were done on a PS3 or PS4.

My Devices
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great scores! But still it's not clear how your PS3 score showed up at the TPA leaderboards while also being at the PSN leaderboards? PS4 scores don't seem to post to the combined TPA leaderboards then? I find it al very confusing!

My Devices
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the PSN leaderboard in this context?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast