Bsd is finally up for iOS

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I don't want anymore IOS Season Passes anyway. I'am happy with when a new table is on the store then I buy it.
Good enough for me. Excited what FarSight tells us is going to be in Season 4.
Loving BSD tonight!!!!

You are correct (IGo) when Season 4 is over then you can buy it you just can't preorder what is now not available.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I thought they could do a season pass after the season was out and all the tables were made. I thought the issue was preselling software apple hadn't evaluated yet?

Yes, only after the season is completely out. Thought this was a question about next season. Sorry for the confusion.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I must admit I was expecting since Dracula is the last table of this season that there would be a season pass offered as of this update. If I recall, season passes for 1 and 2 are available still on the appstore are they not?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I thought they could do a season pass after the season was out and all the tables were made. I thought the issue was preselling software apple hadn't evaluated yet?

It's not preselling software Apple hasn't approved, it's preselling software where there's no plan. I.e., you don't know what tables are in the upcoming season.

What happened was Season 1 rocked, so people blindly bought Season 2. But season 2 ended on a somewhat .. sour note with all the Premier/Gottlieb tables that were on the second half. Basically a lot of people liked how season 2 started, but then when the Premier/Gottlieb tables came out, people felt ripped off and they complained angrily to Apple who probably had to issue more than a few refunds.

Apple still allows pre-sales (plenty of software out there does it). However, Apple requires the develop to explain what exactly they're buying. Just in case people see you release awesome things at the beginning only to release lame crap at the end ripping people off.

So if Farsight wanted to re-offer it, they'd have to basically publish the list of what you're going to get. Farsight likewise doesn't offer season passes to any other platform for similar reasons. It's also why you can buy season 1 and season 2 passes - because you know exactly what you're going to get.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I don't get why they can't presell it as "10 digital recreations of pinball tables released throughout the year". That IS the plan. It's not like we'll get a new angry birds level one of the months. It will be a pinball table. I guess this is beating a dead horse, but season passes are good fun and value. I hope season 3 pass will be up soon on iOS at least :)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I think as business model season passes are a good idea, it provides Farsight with more dependable income and I think their track record up until now should inspire enough customer trust that they would sell well enough, even at slightly discounted prices. The flexibility to buy individual tables is also nice for people that only go for the tables they like. I think there is also something to say for the position Apple takes, maybe they think it's a way to protect customers from buying stuff that won't live up to the promises made or are outright scams. Anyway, I would buy a Season 4 pass anytime, that's how much I like TPA and trust them to deliver.

As for Dracula: I only played 3 games before I went to work but I can already say that I really like the table. And from earlier experience with 2 different BSD's IRL, it felt like a well-made recreation. The shortness of the flippers, the speed with which the ball can travel (although the inlanes feel a tad to speedy), how the ball travels up the left ramp and the way it comes down when not completed, the bumpers and slingshots behave like they should. The brutal instant drains at the outlanes. Well done TPA! This one will keep me occupied for some time (best game 450M now). To be continued!

night

May 18, 2012
That traveling ball is a surprise, I first thought it was a bug (never played a real BSD). Nice samples.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.