Bram Stokers Dracula is stuttering on iPad 2

Flarie

Feb 19, 2014
I notice a lot of stuttering when playing BSD on my iPad 2. All of the other tables run fine.

Very frequently, the action lags for half a second which makes me lose the ball.

I have tried to kill all other applications running on the tablet to see if performance improves but it doesn't.

Please let us know if the iPad 2 is still considered a tablet that supports these new tables with good performance.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
During multiball only, or during single ball play as well? Any specific part of the table or does it happen all over?

Try uninstalling BSD and redownloading it. Go into the options folder. Then select manage tables. Scroll down to BSD and delete it. Then hit download owned tables to download it again. Sometimes this helps.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Moved to the iOS forum, because it's more likely a FarSight employee will see and perhaps comment on the issue here.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
ipod touch from 2010 here; i get that a lot too on many other tables (if not all of them - never took the time to test every one i got!)

if i have just finished one round with a table, then hitting 'start' to just have a go again, it occurs - a stuttering that slows down the actual play framerate (a little bit handy on such a fast table like bsd! but then your flipper controls/response gets awfully touchy too, so it's not really helpful playwise.) it is most severe during the first 30 secs-to-1 min of play. last i asked around, it seemed maybe the answer was that there was some network checking going on (regardless whether you have it currently on or not), along with maybe just ram-swap lag as last rounds of scores get saved in the bg?? something to do with the potentially lower installed ram in older devices, maybe! i run tpa with all other apps off and usually networking off, so it happens even when you're in 'lowest load' form.

bsd did seem to have a hair more of this than others for me; maybe there's some last inner debugs they could turn down/off? or some post-launch tighten-ups they could do. loving bsd though - bought it pretty much off the bat after i finally got the dl last night! but yeah, those first launches, when the ball goes down an inner lane and you think that ball's -juuuuust- slow enough that you can flipper-catch it - annnnnnd, SH!T it fell arrrrgh!!!! lol, -great- table; really tricky and quick! devilish... just like the drac-man!

Last edited:

Flarie

Feb 19, 2014
I happens during single ball. The fact that it stutters makes me lose very quickly so I haven't been able to get a multiball yet :)

The moment when I see this happening the most is when the ball hits the inlane into the flipper. It's also the worst moment for that to happen.

To clarify, the stuttering is not constant. It happens like every 15 secs or so. It's as if the app hiccups.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
huh! that's super-irritating. at least for me it's a bit predictable, though still a definite stutter, it only lasts a minute tops then goes away, so i can try to work around it - play safe and try to get a flippercatch and wait out the stutter. but there does seem like extra on bsd for now throughout; i just didn't notice it -too- much last night (it was late before i finally got the dl, then was too excited to play it so stayed up even later ;0 haven't had time yet to replay it today).

good news is, it seems from other threads, that there's fixes/refinements coming for bsd! i noticed a few tables got updated too a bit with my dl last night; can't remember which but seemed to be some of the more recent ones - diner and victory, i think. if you don't know it's there, the main menu 'options' button leads to 'update tables' (or something like that) at the top of the next menu in iOS (i don't think all other platforms have that); check that out once in a while - not all tpa updates come only via the app store!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Moved to the iOS forum, because it's more likely a FarSight employee will see and perhaps comment on the issue here.

It's a rather large tables, I believe the largest we've had from what I've been told and it's rather demanding. Were looking into a solution for lower end devices.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
perfect on ipad3 havent tried my one and even to this day desipte objections its avtuallyy very playble

night

May 18, 2012
No problems so far on my iPad2. I did notice a short lag when I first tried BSD, but that was it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.